The Official EFL Championship

Started by lurganblue, August 28, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

McClaren sacked again.  Tim 'geezer' Sherwood lined up to replace him.

lurganblue

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 01, 2019, 06:09:11 PM
McClaren sacked again.  Tim 'geezer' Sherwood lined up to replace him.

McClaren was a poor appointment from the start.  Tactics Tim would be another one.

Denn Forever

On an aside, the league cup final between Sunderland and Portsmouth looked have been exciting (highlights  on Quest).
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggy90

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 02, 2019, 01:49:13 PM
On an aside, the league cup final between Sunderland and Portsmouth looked have been exciting (highlights  on Quest).

A brilliant day out for the "lesser" clubs.
I never thought I'd see Birmingham in a Wembley Cup Final and this moment made all my (football) dreams come true.
Arguably the best winning goal in a Wembley Cup Final.

https://youtu.be/yWLYOocAGs8
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

rodney trotter

Joey Barton still a loose cannon as a manager. Punched and headbutted the Barnsley manager in the tunnel after yesterdays game.

lurganblue

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 14, 2019, 09:44:08 AM
Joey Barton still a loose cannon as a manager. Punched and headbutted the Barnsley manager in the tunnel after yesterdays game.

The man is unhinged.

lurganblue

Horrific from Leeds. Have they blown automatic?

laoislad

Just seen what happened at the Leeds Villa game today some craic. Play to the whistle is what we were always told as kids and Leeds did that, whether you think they were right or wrong is another matter I suppose.
I wonder would Leeds have been as quick to let them score if they were still within a chance of automatic promotion
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

general_lee

Thought they were acting as if they were gonna put it out of play? Then went ahead and scored. Gaffer was none too pleased anyway

lurganblue

Did look like they were gonna put it out of play (villa put one out a few minutes beforehand for an injured player). I think Beilsa made the right decision in the end but I suppose I would say that. I think that match would make a quality playoff final but I suppose there is still a few very big matches to play before that is possible.

Villa v the Tesco bags is a difficult one to call.

Derby seem to be hitting a bit of form now that their injuries have cleared up.  If they secure 6th I'm sure they would fancy giving Leeds a good rattle.

shark

I disagree with players kicking the ball out of play when a player is injured. The referee is well placed to see if an injury is so serious as to need immediate attention. In both cases on Sunday the injured player (Forshaw and Kodjia) was genuine in hitting the deck. They both hurt themselves in 50/50 tussles. But neither was fouled, nor claimed to be fouled.
The problem originated by Villa kicking the ball out when Forshaw went down. They were in an attacking position, albeit on the wing with loads of Leeds players goalside. The expectation is then there that Leeds would reciprocate. That expectation should not be there. However Roberts did make it look like he was about to tap the ball out, right up until the second he played the through ball for Klich. That was the problem.
El Ghazi should have his red card rescinded. However (and I'm not sure of the exact laws pertaining to a brawl) Hourihane can count himself lucky not to have seen red as he instigated it. Although I can understand why.
A messy situation in a messy game, that actually had very little riding on it.

Derby should take the 6th place now. The 4 teams are of a much higher standard than last season. Both Derby and Villa are better than they were last year. Fulham were obviously strong, but Middlesbrough were hopeless. Any of the 4 could go up.

Farrandeelin

Not a Championship related post, but I must say I am sad that Notts County have been relegated from League 2.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

PadraicHenryPearse

as am i. As a Notts County supporter of 21 years its a very sad day for the club. gutted but its been coming despite last season making the playoffs.

laoislad

Squeaky bum time for Derby and Middlesbrough. Derby need to score in the next 30 mins to get a playoff place or else Middlesbrough are in the playoffs.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lurganblue

Playoffs now set then. Leeds West Brom Villa and Derby. Anyone's guess.