The Official EFL Championship

Started by lurganblue, August 28, 2018, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

I fail to understand why I'm as bad as the lad who posted that.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

trailer

Thought Jack made the most of it. English players tend to do that.

Boycey

If you look back through that lads Twitter he was at it before the game even started. It's still up 6 hours after it was posted too. 

ziggy90

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 10, 2019, 06:24:23 PM
I fail to understand why I'm as bad as the lad who posted that.
Say's it all.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

laoislad

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 10, 2019, 05:55:21 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 10, 2019, 05:42:33 PM
What a bunch

Check out @alfieperkins_'s Tweet: https://twitter.com/alfieperkins_/status/1104736113208541184?s=09
You're as bad, as if not worse, than the cretin that posted that!!
What a f**king stupid thing to say.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

Ok you've got to explain it to me. I'm getting old now. I shared what I believed to be an example of hatred. I wouldn't be proud of defending that. You appear to be.

Boycey

I'm guessing he's annoyed cause he thinks you're tarring all the Birmingham fans with the same brush by beginning your post with 'what a bunch'

*I'm not saying you are, in fact I'm sure you're not but it's happened on other football threads.

gerrykeegan

Thanks Boycey. My use of the word bunch was not directed at fans of Birmingham it was directed at 1. The clown who ran on the pitch.2 the lad who tweeted about Jack Grelishs brother and 3. The Steward who had a kick a Grelish.

ziggy90

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 10, 2019, 08:24:55 PM
Ok you've got to explain it to me. I'm getting old now. I shared what I believed to be an example of hatred. I wouldn't be proud of defending that. You appear to be.
Your use of the word "bunch" is to my mind an attempt to make all Birmigham fans look as guilty as the "cretin" who attacked Grealish.
If you looked at the comments I made earlier you would see that I don't condone or try to defend this individual's action.
That tweet is possibly the sickest thing I've ever seen (I'm too old to learn to trawl the internet) so to my mind it's totally unacceptable to repeat something like that.

Taylor

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 10, 2019, 08:40:08 PM
Thanks Boycey. My use of the word bunch was not directed at fans of Birmingham it was directed at 1. The clown who ran on the pitch.2 the lad who tweeted about Jack Grelishs brother and 3. The Steward who had a kick a Grelish.

You could add the 'fans' in the stand applauding him when he was being taken away.

Certainly didnt sound like a handful of them either

TabClear

Authorities have a real problem in how to deal with this. Plenty of calls for point deductions but I do not see how this could be enforced. Clubs cannot legislate for every moron in the crowd (unless you go back to fences). Potential for rival fans to "infiltrate" as well in extreme scenarios.  I can see all sorts of legal repercussions, say where a team gets relegated due to a deduction and loses millions as a result. Closing of  stadiums is potentially an option but again, you are penalising a club for the actions of one individual.

The only way to address it in my view is to make the criminal repercussions so severe that it acts as a proper deterrent. A lifetime ban from stadiums etc is unlikely to deter cowardly c***ts like that guy yesterday but the thought of 10 years in jail might stop him. Hes likely to get a suspended sentence however.

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggy90 on March 10, 2019, 01:53:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2019, 01:30:50 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on March 10, 2019, 12:56:06 PM
In my over fifty years of watching Birmingham I can't ever remember a player being attacked on the pitch, (I do remember a referee getting a belt however) where else has this happened?
Disgusting, cowardly act.

d**kheads follow every club. I can't understand the applause though.
To be fair Birmingham have more than their fair share of d##kheads.

My daughter was telling me that there was chaos in Birmingham city centre yesterday - perhaps it was to coincide with the match, but there was a far-right 'protest' about something around mid-day, as well as a counter-protest by someone else.  She reckons that the two protests 'met' close to the grounds.  Anyhoo, there were cops in abundance around until round 6 o'clock last night. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ziggy90

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 11, 2019, 09:19:27 AM
Quote from: ziggy90 on March 10, 2019, 01:53:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 10, 2019, 01:30:50 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on March 10, 2019, 12:56:06 PM
In my over fifty years of watching Birmingham I can't ever remember a player being attacked on the pitch, (I do remember a referee getting a belt however) where else has this happened?
Disgusting, cowardly act.

d**kheads follow every club. I can't understand the applause though.
To be fair Birmingham have more than their fair share of d##kheads.

My daughter was telling me that there was chaos in Birmingham city centre yesterday - perhaps it was to coincide with the match, but there was a far-right 'protest' about something around mid-day, as well as a counter-protest by someone else.  She reckons that the two protests 'met' close to the grounds.  Anyhoo, there were cops in abundance around until round 6 o'clock last night.
I haven't heard anything about that Boots but staying that I went to a local pub after the game where there was probably a 50/50 mix of fans of both clubs and except for the usual "slagging" there wasn't even a hint of trouble.
Birmingham is a very "moody" place to live right now (according to some people who'd know better than me what's going on around the city centre), there's a very toxic mix of disadvantaged Black, White and Asian youths who just have no respect for anyone or anything.
It's definitely not the same place I was brought up in.

lurganblue

Disgraceful actions at Birmingham yesterday. Grealish took a few kicks on the pitch, punched, hit by a steward and then had his family abused. A sad day in fairness.  Why is the lad hated so much? Ok he is a villa boy etc but so was Gabby for example (who also had a knack for scoring v the blues) but i don't remember him on the receiving end of that volume of hate?

ziggy90

That I cannot explain. I know his maternal family (went to school with them), as nice a family as you could meet. I also know people who went to school with him and by all accounts he's a sound lad.