You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inisceithleann

Less of the fermanagh bashing ONeill. Talking of english far be it for me to stand up for the great language but what about 'American English'? Putting Z in words instead of S and leaving U out of words like colour and behaviour. Always pisses me off when I'm reading stuff written in the States. Also there use of offence instead of attack and uniforms instead of kits when referring to a team's colours.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

theskull1

Does anybody else hate the mobile phone joke phenomenom. I just dont get it. My Brother in law was at it tonight. Hands me his phone with a stupid smile

"here .......read that"

then he starts to laugh as I start to read and laughs louder when he knows I'm at the punchline  ???

Now I would guess that 90% of people don't find the jokes funny enough to laugh out loud but they do because they have to

I hate any type of fake social networking bullshit. This is the latest
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

ONeill

Quote from: theskull1 on July 17, 2007, 12:26:24 AM
Does anybody else hate the mobile phone joke phenomenom. I just dont get it. My Brother in law was at it tonight. Hands me his phone with a stupid smile

"here .......read that"

then he starts to laugh as I start to read and laughs louder when he knows I'm at the punchline  ???

Now I would guess that 90% of people don't find the jokes funny enough to laugh out loud but they do because they have to

I hate any type of fake social networking bullshit. This is the latest

Good example. Detest this as well - usually read the first line and say, 'aye I've seen that before', even if I haven't.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

They do the same with recordings of prank phone calls. Pisses me off.

Hardy

For once, I found one of these funny the other night. I had a few pints on me, though.
How does it sound at ten in the morning?

Three arabs - three bombs, no deaths.
Harold Shipman - one syringe, three hundred deaths.
Makes you proud to be British.

pintsofguinness

Wires and cables coming out of everything you look at!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 17, 2007, 07:13:32 PM

You would never make a Electrician so :D

You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 17, 2007, 07:14:22 PM

A trained chimp could be an Electrician laoislad!

:P
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Quote from: inisceithleann on July 16, 2007, 11:49:26 PM
Talking of english far be it for me to stand up for the great language but what about 'American English'? Putting Z in words instead of S and leaving U out of words like colour and behaviour. Always pisses me off when I'm reading stuff written in the States. Also there use of offence instead of attack and uniforms instead of kits when referring to a team's colours.
Agreed
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

lynchbhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 17, 2007, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 17, 2007, 07:14:22 PM
A trained chimp could be an Electrician laoislad!
:P
jeez yer not much of a south armagh man then...

sure maybe you can get the missus to turn the hand to be a sparks
she sounds like she's rubbish at everything else based on what you say ! ;)

still think she's only with ya because she feels sorry for you :D

gawa316

People who slow down/brake coming up to a green light. Especially when it means you either have to skip the lights or stop all together.

For f**k sake the light is green. Green means go, so f**king go!!

Square Ball

Smelly bast&&ds on buses who I seem to attract, loads of empty seats, but no sit beside me!!! for Feck sake wash!!!!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lynchbhoy

people on buses that when you sit beside them they wince and look like you've just slapped them across the face or if you have done something wrong by sitting next to them.
Then also peoples reactions if you sit beside them and you blow your nose, or cough- jeez it winter 9 months of the year in Ireland, flu and colds are always going around.
Plus you have to wear a couple of coats to shield you from the rain or cold, so there is bound to be a bit of a niff from the sweat or drying damp on the clothes - again these folk you sit beside expect folks to be going home on the bus/train etc as if they have just jumped out of the bath.
If you dont like public transport- then f**king walk or take your own car...
;)

his holiness nb

100% agree, if they were so high and mighty as to look down on the common people why are they on the bus?
Ask me holy bollix