Nintendo DS

Started by southdown, December 30, 2007, 10:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Is the 3DS any good?

Santa is looking into one for the young fella, he's only 6, so not so sure about it!!

illdecide

Same operation as DS or DSi console.
1. Download latest r4 kernel to computer, and unzip it.
2. Copy all kernel files to the root of MicroSD card.
3. Download some games to computer, and unzip it.
4. Copy the game file to the MicroSD card.

then you can play the games on 3DS console with r4 3ds card. (3ds games is not available).
Do step by step as below link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L02jnp49...
Source(s):
http://r4town.com/products/R4i-SDHC-3DS-...

I found a more detailed report on how to do it but just can't put my finger on it at the mo but when i do i'll post it up.

On a serious note i have read and heard from a few that the new 3ds is causing headaches when used for 30 mins or more in kids and adults...so need to look into this too...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tbrick18

Quote from: illdecide on November 16, 2012, 09:51:50 AM
Same operation as DS or DSi console.
1. Download latest r4 kernel to computer, and unzip it.
2. Copy all kernel files to the root of MicroSD card.
3. Download some games to computer, and unzip it.
4. Copy the game file to the MicroSD card.

then you can play the games on 3DS console with r4 3ds card. (3ds games is not available).
Do step by step as below link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L02jnp49...
Source(s):
http://r4town.com/products/R4i-SDHC-3DS-...

I found a more detailed report on how to do it but just can't put my finger on it at the mo but when i do i'll post it up.

On a serious note i have read and heard from a few that the new 3ds is causing headaches when used for 30 mins or more in kids and adults...so need to look into this too...

Heard that too.
Santa was playing with the idea of getting my 3 oldest (6,5,4) 3DS's but price was a bit of an issue!
Instead Santa opted for cheapy Android Tablets (as they're always feckin about with Santa's phone downloading games etc). I think they'll get as much use out of them and they were £70 each.

BenDover

Thanks for that illdecide, was chatting to my mum about this R4 business for the 3DS Santa is bringing and she told me she found the following site http://www.3dsigames.co.uk/index.asp seems that they do it all for ye. How legit could this site be?

illdecide

Judging by many of the comments made on Twitter, it seems clear that the 3D effect in Nintendo's new 3DS has caused more than a handful of headaches. Nintendo has responded, claiming that a short break is usually more than enough to alleviate any such symptoms.

Responding to a MaxConsole story which compiled complaints made on Twitter about eye strain or headaches caused by the 3DS, Nintendo U.K.'s Robert Saunders stated, "We have shown Nintendo 3DS at multiple events around the world to literally hundreds of thousands of people and have received very few negative comments. As with anything that requires focus, from reading to staring at a computer screen, taking breaks frequent breaks is always recommended.

"When viewing any kind of 3D images (TV, movies etc.), some people might experience minor discomfort. The effects are short term and have no lasting effect, in fact most players can continue after taking a short break. The Nintendo 3D was designed with a 3D depth slider that lets users adjust the 3D effect to a level that suits them for optimum enjoyment."

The depth slider can completely turn off the 3D effect, which should be able to completely eliminate the potentially headache-inducing aspect of the system. Of course, that's a potentially frustrating choice to have to make for people who had looked forward to enjoying their $40 launch titles in 3D.

Nintendo issued a warning about children playing games in 3D last year, although eye experts seemed to think it was unnecessary. Nintendo has since said it was intended to protect the company against lawsuits, and just recently, the possibility was suggested that the 3DS could be used to help identify children with vision problems.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the Deel Rover

Lads where can you by a r4 card for a ds ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 07, 2012, 11:42:04 AM

I find them a pain to find online as they are illegal afaik.

If you're stuck I might have a spare one somewhere. I'd need to check though.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 07, 2012, 10:10:24 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 07, 2012, 11:42:04 AM

I find them a pain to find online as they are illegal afaik.

If you're stuck I might have a spare one somewhere. I'd need to check though.

Thanks for the offer Norf Tyrone appreciate, it but i'm sure i'll track one down somewhere you might need it again yourself.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001