BNP are coming ashore

Started by Hereiam, July 03, 2007, 12:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Taken from the BBC

The far right British National Party is planning to recruit in Northern Ireland during the marching season, Ulster Unionist Danny Kennedy has claimed.
Mr Kennedy, the UUP deputy leader, told the assembly the party was not welcome.
"I have said to them that this isn't the kind of imported hate-mongering that we want or need in Northern Ireland," he said.
the Newry and Armagh assembly member said the Orange Order was also opposed to the BNP move.
"I believe that there are indications that the BNP, members of the British Nationalist Party, are going to try and actively recruit in Northern Ireland over this year's 12 July celebrations," Mr Kennedy said.
"I very much condemn these efforts, I welcome the indications from the Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland which resolutely condemn and oppose this move."
The DUP's Peter Weir also condemned the BNP.
"I think that there's a very clear signal which should be sent out by this assembly - that the type of hatred that is promulgated by the BNP has no place in our society," he said.

Loved that line in bold. As if we need two imported hate mongering organisations in this part of the world. One will do for now, that is until we figure out a way to rid this island of them.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not much we can do about this shower of cnuts - It's up to the Unionist/Loyalist community to kick these idiots to touch!!
Tbc....

Balboa

They will probably do ok in East Belfast/Tates Avenue area where they arent exactly welcoming to non-whites.......

Fishead_Sam

They are a strange bunch, they aparantly try and encourage Southerners to develop a pro-Irish version of themselves to ally with them but @ the same time try to breed anti-Irish sentiment. Is it how they want to hate us for scenario A but need our help for scenario B. Its a bit like the KKK guys who boast about fighting the Evil Nazis in WWII

nifan

I dare say they will find some knucklehead support amongst the numerous racists who plague NI

ziggysego

Places like East Belfast and such will certainly get a few voters, but I don't think it will be enough to ruffle too many feathers.
Testing Accessibility

SammyG

Quote from: nifan on July 03, 2007, 02:53:54 PM
I dare say they will find some knucklehead support amongst the numerous racists who plague NI
Unfortunately racism is one of the few things that unite all communities, along with homophobia.

Having said that I can't see the BNP getting very many votes as they'e just not on most people's radar. even in places like Bradford or the East End of London (which have seen serious racial problems) the BNP still barely register.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

They do seem to have a strong support base in Bolton though!
Tbc....

Fishead_Sam

Came across them in the East End of London in East Ham, they are a sinister bunch.