57252 numbers - taking all my credit help needed

Started by Galwaybhoy, June 30, 2007, 12:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Right lads, ages ago, on the Vodafone websit I joined up to text alerts for Galway GAA and Celtic Football club.  Which was grand, had no problems with it.  However with the Celtic text alert, as well as result updates that only cost 13c they used to send me a question on Celtic every week that would put me into a draw to win something.  Anyway I got sick of the Celtic alerts and cancelled them which worked.  But I continued to get the question every week from a 57252 number and soon I noticed this was costing money with every message.  Unlike the text alert is costs a lot more than than normal 13 cent.

Changing my number is a last resort, as I have a really handy number.  So does anyone know of any ways to get out of this other than texting stop, as that does not work.  f**k Vodafone anyway, I got this off there web alerts.  Last time I use them.  Any help appreciated. :(

ziggysego

Ring them and ask them to cancell it. That's what I had to do.
Testing Accessibility

Bud Wiser

You ring Vodafone, they cancel it for you.  No problem. O2 do the same.   It's not their fault if you asked for the service and the bastards that do this scam continue.

Months ago I rang a 1800 (freephone) number to see how it worked and they kept texting me and I had to ring my service provider to cancel it for me.  The service provider is obliged to give you the phone number of the company sending you the text.  When they would not stop sending me texts I got their number and I rang it and asked for their fax.

Then I opened a Word Doc and in font size 40 said "My number is 12345678, disconnect me from your service".  Then after office hours I plugged my trusty laptop into the phone line and using "Print to Fax" I sent them a fax after selecting 100 in the number of copies !  Happy in the knowledge that when they came in next morning and their fax was all clogged up and sheets of paper with my message all over the place I waited and found I was disconnected fairly lively!

turk

Galwaybhoy

I didnt ask for the service though Bud.  I asked for a service with Vodafone which was a different service.  I got in contact with Vodafone told them the story, and I was told the company name and I got their phone number.  How they got my phone number I dont know.  But I'm hoping I have it sorted now.  If I dont I'll try your way Bud!

Thanks for the help lads.

ziggysego

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on July 02, 2007, 07:12:45 PM
I didnt ask for the service though Bud.  I asked for a service with Vodafone which was a different service.  I got in contact with Vodafone told them the story, and I was told the company name and I got their phone number.  How they got my phone number I dont know.  But I'm hoping I have it sorted now.  If I dont I'll try your way Bud!

Thanks for the help lads.

There are an awful shower of c*nts out there. My number seems to have made it's way into a lot of SMS/MMS services. Finally got Vodafone to give me the numbers a few months ago and I've had none since.
Testing Accessibility

AZOffaly

Does anybody else get these Veronica's alerts? Giving free ringtones and the like? They are a pain in the arse. Can you cancel them as well?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2007, 09:32:33 PM
Does anybody else get these Veronica's alerts? Giving free ringtones and the like? They are a pain in the arse. Can you cancel them as well?

About a year ago a mate of mine was on the pc beside me in college and for some idiotic reason he typed MY number into their website which then subscribed me.  I nearly killed him.  I lost a good bit of money because of this, as the website was broken up into different areas and I didnt know which part to unsubscribe from.  But the website has changed now which makes it easier.

If you think your subscribed to them AZ, go to this site.
http://www.veronica.ie/

http://www.veronica.ie/unsubscribe.php?co=ie

Click on the second link and use that to unsubscribe, thats what I done and it worked.

johnneycool

On a different note, some knob jockey has managed to get my mobile number and sends me moronic texts every once in a while.

Is there any Uk based website like the veronica one where i could subscribe them up to a load of crap that'll cost him a few bob?

AZOffaly

QuoteClick on the second link and use that to unsubscribe, thats what I done and it worked.

Legend Galwaybhoy. €1.65 them feckers were charging me to send me bullsh1te alerts...