Warning to anyone selling Irish "tat" in the north

Started by GalwayBayBoy, April 29, 2007, 06:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Orior

Classic owc stuff. They're telling shops what to sell, and telling people what to think. Sad sad gawa people.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Ach isnt that great, owc put a wee woman out of business and they are proud of it!

Shame!!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

SammyG

Quote from: stew on April 29, 2007, 07:33:14 PM
Ach isnt that great, owc put a wee woman out of business and they are proud of it!

Shame!!!!

You don't half talk some shite.

BallyhaiseMan

First time ive visited this OWC Site
QUOTE(cars1912 @ Apr 26 2007, 01:27 PM)
The people that own these shops have no interest in selling Ulster or Norn Iron stuff. Yes thewy'll have a few Belfast key rings tucked away in the corner but in reality we're all lepracauns and have shillelaghs as walking sticks. It's the same in Belfast City Centre.

There used to be a stall in Castle Court and it sold all that Irish stuff. I pulled the women about it and she gave me a crap reply. I came back the following day with samples of Norn Iron stuff and asked her would she purchase some of it for her stall. She employed delaying tactics. I didn't I started getting loads people to e-mail the owners of CC. Result - stall closed and I was a happy punter

what a sad ****.  :D
Imagine being happy that someone goes out of business  >:(

Blacksheep

That's the first time I've been on OWC. Sad. I'll not be bad.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

BallyhaiseMan

In Fairness theres a few assholes on that thread,But others pull them up on it, and comment on their pathetic actions
Cant be conscrewed as an OWC wide campaign.

deiseach

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 29, 2007, 08:14:19 PM
In Fairness theres a few assholes on that thread,But others pull them up on it, and comment on their pathetic actions
Cant be conscrewed as an OWC wide campaign.

Well said. There are more than a few shaking their heads at the whole affair.

Star Spangler

Shops will sell what sells.  End of.

However, it is an interesting reflection on the focus of people who live there.  Maybe because NI has been kept afloat for so long by Britain that the need to understand basic economics is no longer required by the locals.  Instead it reverts to the usual argument about themuns and usuns!

SammyG

Quote from: Star Spangler on April 30, 2007, 12:05:12 PM

However, it is an interesting reflection on the focus of people who live there.  Maybe because NI has been kept afloat for so long by Britain that the need to understand basic economics is no longer required by the locals.  Instead it reverts to the usual argument about themuns and usuns!

The problem is shops ignoring basic economics. There is a huge market which they aren't currently exploiting. The airport franchises have said that they will be stocking much more NI related stuff once their current supplier contract runs out, this summer. This will include NI football, Ulster Rugby and Ulster GAA stock as well as Belfast and NI T-shirts, keyrings etc. If you are a visitor to Belfast or Derry, why would you want to buy a souvenir of Dublin?

stew

Quote from: SammyG on April 30, 2007, 04:12:24 PM
Quote from: Star Spangler on April 30, 2007, 12:05:12 PM

The problem is shops ignoring basic economics. There is a huge market which they aren't currently exploiting. The airport franchises have said that they will be stocking much more NI related stuff once their current supplier contract runs out, this summer. This will include NI football, Ulster Rugby and Ulster GAA stock as well as Belfast and NI T-shirts, keyrings etc. If you are a visitor to Belfast or Derry, why would you want to buy a souvenir of Dublin?

Well some obviously do sammy but I never seen the like of you crowd, if there was such a huge market why doesnt one of you get themselves a couple of investors and open up for business instead of harassing people and carrying on like children.

So what did you think of the muppet that got the wee woman closed down sammy?????
With that sort of thing and the extremes you will go to in order to get at Fearon it is no wonder your organization is despised.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Quote from: SammyG on April 30, 2007, 04:12:24 PM
. If you are a visitor to Belfast or Derry, why would you want to buy a souvenir of Dublin?
Presumably because most visitors want something of the Country's Capital City. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SammyG

Quote from: stew on April 30, 2007, 06:47:47 PMWell some obviously do sammy but I never seen the like of you crowd, if there was such a huge market why doesnt one of you get themselves a couple of investors and open up for business instead of harassing people and carrying on like children.

Nobody's harrassing anybody. I've been in the shop at the airport, a few times and asked why they didn't have any NI related stuff. They said that it was a problem with their current supplier and that they would be stocking the stuff as soon as the contract expired and they changed suppliers. She said that they sell bugger all of the Dublin stuff and she get's loads of requests for Belfast/NI stuff and will be glad to be able to stock it.
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2007, 06:47:47 PM
So what did you think of the muppet that got the wee woman closed down sammy?????
I think he's a prat, I also don't think he had anything to do with shutting anybody down.
Quote from: stew on April 30, 2007, 06:47:47 PM
With that sort of thing and the extremes you will go to in order to get at Fearon it is no wonder your organization is despised.

What are you on about? What organisation and who's trying to 'get at Fearon'?

Star Spangler

Quotethey would be stocking the stuff as soon as the contract expired and they changed suppliers

That's the first retailer I'm aware of that's "contracted" to one supplier.  No danger they were maybe telling you what you wanted to hear Sammy? ;)

SammyG

Quote from: Star Spangler on May 01, 2007, 02:54:03 PM
Quotethey would be stocking the stuff as soon as the contract expired and they changed suppliers

That's the first retailer I'm aware of that's "contracted" to one supplier.  No danger they were maybe telling you what you wanted to hear Sammy? ;)

The contract was through some sort of franchise deal and was part of the deal to get the airport site. Once this deal expired they will then be free to stock whatever they (and their shoppers) want.