John Delaney singing Joe McDonnell

Started by theticklemister, November 25, 2014, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytiger95

I think the real question is should the CEO be paid twice what Barack Obama gets? Or at least was until 2011/12.

footballing staff, managers, coaches, physios etc all set their fees in accordance with the professional world they work in - that includes Keane. When you hire Keane (whatever you may think of his character) you have hired an ex-player with 12 major titles on his CV, a manager who has won a Championship and also managed one other club, whilst he has never suffered a relegation - plus he is an instantly recognisable name in world football.

Following that logic, john Delaney should benchmark his fees against his peers - as described above he earns twice as much as his Spanish counterpoint, who has overseen far more success than Delaney ever will. It is grotesque that Delany earns what he does, and undercuts any sympathy that LOI clubs and soccer fans might normally get from other fans, that they allow this bloated, greedy eejit be the figure head for the national game.

Sure sign that someone earns too much is when they say they can earn more elsewhere - go and prove it then, Teddy Bear.

Shamrock Shore

Oh god. I feel sick reading that. Egan is deranged.

FAI and Delaney deserve each other. Only for Denis O'Brien's largesse (and don't get me started on that man) FAI would be fuckeder

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
Read this and prepare to turn your FFS meter up to 11......this is not a parody by the way.

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/the-edge-john-delaney-and-emma-english-heating-up-marbella-30764240.html

So this man feels that belting out rebel ballads in a crowded pub is too private for public disclosure and yet goes along with that article?

Hmmm..

/Jim.

muppet

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on November 25, 2014, 09:52:15 PM
Read this and prepare to turn your FFS meter up to 11......this is not a parody by the way.

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/the-edge-john-delaney-and-emma-english-heating-up-marbella-30764240.html

So this man feels that belting out rebel ballads in a crowded pub is too private for public disclosure and yet goes along with that article?

Hmmm..

/Jim.

If I ever drink way too much and need to evacuate toxic beverages rapidly, I merely google the latest Barry Egan article and it does the trick, instantly.
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 25, 2014, 08:39:56 PM
I have met Delaney. He was at a promotional tour with Ray Houghton, Don Given and a few others around Mayo Clubs. He came to our Soccer club. Found him down to earth. We have a community ground where Hurling and Soccer are played. Seemed legitimately delighted that a community should share facilities for different codes. He told of his love for Hurling and how he played in a Munster Schools final. He even had a puck about later on down on the field (along with a curious Ray Houghton).  Anyway there is not much you can tell about a person from such occasions as it is all pleasantries on both sides.

Don't want to turn this into a lets knock Roy thread. I love him being involved with the Irish set up. But what are Roy's wages from the FAI? 700K? For how many days work in the year? Is he worth it? Should he be paid twice what the CEO gets?

Feck it lads, I'm with this man.  I'd have had no grá for Delaney, but have met him and he's alright (IMO) - he's made commitments to a number of grassroots clubs in my presence and followed through on them all.  Every one - I made it my business to find out, as I was suspicious of him.  The FAI is a long way ahead of where it was before him, and he's been blighted by the fact that our seniors have basically been muck (comparatively) during his time as CEO - the emerging talent programme has been relatively successful, the women's game has taken off at all levels.  The LOI is still a mess, but that is hardly his fault.  In fairness, give the man his due.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ballinaman

The league of Ireland is a mess, you're right. I think 5 or 6 clubs have gone under off the top of my head under his tenure, he can't be entirely accountable for that I acknowledge that as the country lost the run of themselves as a whole in terms of spending for awhile, but the man at the top has to take a good bit of the blame, buck stops with him and all that.

Did anyone hear Off the ball tonight..Christ, it gets better. Legal team of Delaney denied it was him in the video when the Guardian newspaper enquired yesterday,threathing legal action if they printed story...Times went with it this morning and Delaney then on Ray Darcy admitting it later.

Legal team contacted by the Guardian then and they even embarrassed!

Couldn't make it up. The man is a clown.

An Gaeilgoir

he was on Pat Kenny today, crying (literally) that his new missus was getting abuse on certain forums...she was interviewed as well, Denis helping out a pal perhaps?

rodney trotter

How did Delaney end up with a stunner like her.

ballinaman

The timing of that article in the independent by Egan is glorious, even mentions the bath pub sing song.
Delighted if he's nailed for this.

Lance Armstrong esque, hiding in plain sight for years and all comes tumbling done around him.

Main Street

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 05:21:49 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 25, 2014, 05:19:58 PM

I'm not clicking on that. Looks NSFW.
haha..it's grand. Just you may have a pain in your face from cringing after.
I have no cringing pain, that lady can smile.
I'll give them another 12 months,  at most ........he's no Van Morrison.

Aaron Boone

Delaney is apparently good at his job, concentrates on the financial stability of the FAI.
But boy is he a loose cannon, gets himself into pickles that are of his own making. Needs to keep his head down.

charlieTully

He should be commended for singing the song. Are the southern media saying the hunger strikes were wrong?

deiseach

Quote from: charlieTully on November 26, 2014, 08:26:47 AM
He should be commended for singing the song. Are the southern media saying the hunger strikes were wrong?

John Delaney thinks it was wrong.

ballinaman

Quote from: charlieTully on November 26, 2014, 08:26:47 AM

You just don't get it do you...

http://youtu.be/4KoKWf6pLs8

Croí na hÉireann

Ran into Delaney in the residents bar in the old Bewley's hotel on a matchday years ago, when I used to be at every international game under the sun. He gave us tickets to get into the after match bar underneath the old stand for a couple of free pints and seemed sound. So he's well able to splash the association's cash and schmooze like the best of them. Haven't been to a match since the Paris game (not the handball one). Was sick to my back teeth of the FAI and all their dealings, best decision I ever made although I do miss the away day sessions. Delaney's utterances remind me of Pat McQuaid's last few years at the UCI, enough said.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...