John Delaney singing Joe McDonnell

Started by theticklemister, November 25, 2014, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on November 25, 2014, 04:31:08 PM
Delaney is a buffoon, but given that it seems every FAI CEO has resigned in disgrace over something, you have to wonder at what point the penny will drop that it ain't the man in charge who is the problem.
Ah well Delaney is doing he best to help the gobshite status of FAI CEO. He disregard for the LOI, his handling of tickets ( 700 out of the 3,200 for Scotland siphoned off for his own mates, low estimate BTW)....the list goes on.
I know he's a deise man deiseach but he's got to go. There are about 10 on the board who need to go too, Joe McClue an equally big gobshite. It won't be easy to get rid of them but as they say, the most potent factor in maintaining the status quo is the belief that change is impossible.
Luck at the IRFU, can you tell me who the CEO is there? Not many could...says a lot.

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 04:45:06 PM
Delaney is a buffoon, but given that it seems every FAI CEO has resigned in disgrace over something, you have to wonder at what point the penny will drop that it ain't the man in charge who is the problem.
Ah well Delaney is doing he best to help the gobshite status of FAI CEO. He disregard for the LOI, his handling of tickets ( 700 out of the 3,200 for Scotland siphoned off for his own mates, low estimate BTW)....the list goes on.
I know he's a deise man deiseach but he's got to go. There are about 10 on the board who need to go too, Joe McClue an equally big gobshite. It won't be easy to get rid of them but as they say, the most potent factor in maintaining the status quo is the belief that change is impossible.
Luck at the IRFU, can you tell me who the CEO is there? Not many could...says a lot.

I'm not defending him at all, not even because he's from Waterford. I can think of another John from Waterford whose last name starts with a D and ends with a Y who I would happily fire into the sun if the chance arose. Just noting that nothing ever changes when the FAI changes CEO's except they have to give them another fat payoff. It's weird. Why the GAA and the IRFU (Philip Browne, isn't it? No Googling) have none of these shenanigans while the FAI roll from one disaster to the next is just . . . weird.

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on November 25, 2014, 04:51:31 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 04:45:06 PM

I'm not defending him at all, not even because he's from Waterford. I can think of another John from Waterford whose last name starts with a D and ends with a Y who I would happily fire into the sun if the chance arose. Just noting that nothing ever changes when the FAI changes CEO's except they have to give them another fat payoff. It's weird. Why the GAA and the IRFU (Philip Browne, isn't it? No Googling) have none of these shenanigans while the FAI roll from one disaster to the next is just . . . weird.
Exactly, FAI is a deeply flawed organisation at the top level. The blatant disregard for the LOI makes their lives a little bit easier, ship players off to England and that's that taken care of. Delaney et al do sweet FA when it comes to school boy or Oscar Traynor level...
Business junkets is about the height of it, heard there was an 11,000 euro bar bill in the Jack Charlton suite in the Aviva at the USA game, no wonder Delaney was singing in The Bath pub afterwards....
I was in the team hotel in Tbilisi collecting my tickets the day before the match an in swans Mr. Delaney in the foyer. I never met the man before so was interested to see how it would go..
General introductions first and then he goes out of the blue "lads I've a bit of info for ye, ye must keep it on the QT, we're likely to be playing Gibraltar in Craven Cottage, suits them better for tax...say nothing though, not finalised."

What was he at? Trying to be our mates or something? Just very odd I thought...subsequently fixture has been fixed for Faro next September anyway...

OakleafCounty

I read last night that his salary is double his Italian and Spanish counterparts combined. Now last time I checked Italy and Spain have had world cup winning teams recently and leagues containing many world class players yet Delaney still sees fit that he pays himself more than double the heads of those FA's combined!!! His salary is also greater than the prizefund allocated to the club that wins the league of Ireland.

Obscene is not the word for that man! And how many times do we have to hear about how his granda fought in the WoI.

deiseach

Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 05:04:22 PM
I was in the team hotel in Tbilisi collecting my tickets the day before the match an in swans Mr. Delaney in the foyer. I never met the man before so was interested to see how it would go..
General introductions first and then he goes out of the blue "lads I've a bit of info for ye, ye must keep it on the QT, we're likely to be playing Gibraltar in Craven Cottage, suits them better for tax...say nothing though, not finalised."

What was he at? Trying to be our mates or something? Just very odd I thought...subsequently fixture has been fixed for Faro next September anyway...

That's bonkers. And he has the cheek to be bleating about stuff leaking to the papers!

ballinaman

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on November 25, 2014, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on November 25, 2014, 05:16:23 PM
Read this and prepare to turn your FFS meter up to 11......this is not a parody by the way.

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/the-edge-john-delaney-and-emma-english-heating-up-marbella-30764240.html

I'm not clicking on that. Looks NSFW.
haha..it's grand. Just you may have a pain in your face from cringing after.

Bord na Mona man

Business junkets is about the height of it, heard there was an 11,000 euro bar bill in the Jack Charlton suite in the Aviva at the USA game, no wonder Delaney was singing in The Bath pub afterwards....
What sort of a bar tab would Frank Murphy, Liam O'Neill, Nickey Brennan, Seán McCague and their home boys run up if let loose with the GAA credit card?

heffo

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 25, 2014, 05:26:19 PM
What sort of a bar tab would Frank Murphy, Liam O'Neill, Nickey Brennan, Seán McCague and their home boys run up if let loose with the GAA credit card?

Three of those four are tee totallers, throw Duffy into the non-drinker mix too means the Platinum AMEX doesnt get hard a bashing

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heffo on November 25, 2014, 05:29:51 PM
Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 25, 2014, 05:26:19 PM

Three of those four are tee totallers, throw Duffy into the non-drinker mix too means the Platinum AMEX doesnt get hard a bashing

Barry's would make some profit though!!

easytiger95

Indo gets better and better. And better.

Best lines

the boss of the FAI and his gorgeous model cum fashion show organiser girlfriend travelled further south to (did you guess it already?) - Marbella. It is a truth universally acknowledged that we all end up in Marbs at some point in our lives, si?

last month in House on Leeson Street Emma threw (with my assistance) a surprise birthday party for John's 47th birthday - with a Teddy Bear's theme: cake, cocktails, music because John, as she told Brendan O'Connor on the Saturday Night Show recently, is her teddy bear.

Earlier that night, everyone from Ken Doherty to Paul McGrath and Jimmy Magee to models Gail Kaneswaran, Emma Waldron, Faith Barnett, Lisa Hogan, to TV stars Elaine Crowley, Martin King and wife Jenny McCarthy joined John and Emma at the Aviva for the launch of the rather swish new Jack Charlton Lounge at the famous stadium in Dublin.

Barry Egan is the sound dangerously armed loners hear, just before they decide they really are the Angel of Death.

ballinaman

The image of John Delaney dressed up as a Teddy Bear will haunt me for the rest of my life...I know it's not actually said but that's what I got from that article...christ.

From the Bunker

I have met Delaney. He was at a promotional tour with Ray Houghton, Don Given and a few others around Mayo Clubs. He came to our Soccer club. Found him down to earth. We have a community ground where Hurling and Soccer are played. Seemed legitimately delighted that a community should share facilities for different codes. He told of his love for Hurling and how he played in a Munster Schools final. He even had a puck about later on down on the field (along with a curious Ray Houghton).  Anyway there is not much you can tell about a person from such occasions as it is all pleasantries on both sides.

Don't want to turn this into a lets knock Roy thread. I love him being involved with the Irish set up. But what are Roy's wages from the FAI? 700K? For how many days work in the year? Is he worth it? Should he be paid twice what the CEO gets?