The Apprentice (2009)

Started by Tony Baloney, March 18, 2009, 01:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Yasmina hired.

Based on the final task, Kate was miles ahead but Sir Alan looked beyond this.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 07, 2009, 09:32:58 PM
The way this final task is going so far, it's clear who isgoing to win. Kate way ahead IMO but you never know.
Yes you never know!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 21, 2009, 12:00:22 PM
Yer man Howard has played the best game of all so far, kept well under the radar in the 1st few weeks made no enemies and stayed well clear of the boardroom, he's now stepped up in the last two weeks and now looks like a real condender, Deborah is just too pig headed and her inability to listen will cost her probably next week, the final four will be Lorraine, Howard, James and Yasmina, the one who talks like quick draw mcgraw Kate is a facilitator and seems devoid of original ideas....

I think yasmina will win it, seems the most rounded plus I find her strangely attractive...

Ahem 8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 07, 2009, 10:15:39 PM
Yer man Howard has played the best game of all so far, kept well under the radar in the 1st few weeks made no enemies and stayed well clear of the boardroom, he's now stepped up in the last two weeks and now looks like a real condender, Deborah is just too pig headed and her inability to listen will cost her probably next week, the final four will be Lorraine, Howard, James and Yasmina, the one who talks like quick draw mcgraw Kate is a facilitator and seems devoid of original ideas....

I think yasmina will win it,seems the most rounded plus I find her strangely attractive...

Ahem 8)
That dress certainly accentuates her roundness ;)

Archie Mitchell

What was with her shouting during the presentation? Their ad was brutal as well.

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 04, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 04, 2009, 12:20:00 AM
Will Yasmina's entrepreneurial spirit count for more than Kate's robotic efficiency when it comes to the final?

defo, whats the odds on Yasmina to win, this, shoe in imo

Shame the bookies weren't offering any odds
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 21, 2009, 02:34:57 PM

I think yasmina will win it, seems the most rounded plus I find her strangely attractive...
I think yasmina too, with howard and kate close behind.  Poor James hasn't a chance and Deborah will be gone at the first opportunity (imagine working with that - actually on reflection I work with a few not dissimilar).
Well, if you're gonna go all self congratulatory and stuff I might as well too ;)

I thought that Ben once again came up with some good ideas tonight, total twat, but possibly should have been the winner (or at least should have progressed further - he'd have been good craic in the interviews).  Yasmina won because she has her own restaurant imo.

Is that true about them both working for him for 6 months?  Seems a bit strange to me.

supersub

Yasmina won because shes clearly shown over the last 6 month stint working for him that she is more of what he wants for his company. Because if you were to go on the shows and tasks over the ten weeks, Kate was far superior overall! Yasminas chocolate task was very poor, considering no one really even liked the product! Although kates was awfully pricey. However it was the advertising etc that is mainly the focus!

down6061689194

Thought Kate had it sewn up untill the presentations began. Then she really messed up. Yasmina showed a few good bits, the packaging was excelent along with the the poster, the ad was ok, but I didn't rate Kates as much better.

At the end of the day its a business contest rather than a chocolate one. The concept on yasminas was slightly better, I wouldhave hired her as opposed to kate, Yasmina has the whole package, Kates not quite there.

AFS

Don't like the way they wrap up the series. Whats the point in having a big, grand final task, when it doesn't really seem to make much difference to who Sugar picks in the end? Think it would be better if he narrowed it down to two and left them fight it out in a final, winnable task. Most sales or whatever in the final task gets the job.

Onion Bag

Quote from: AFS on June 08, 2009, 03:19:05 PM
Don't like the way they wrap up the series. Whats the point in having a big, grand final task, when it doesn't really seem to make much difference to who Sugar picks in the end? Think it would be better if he narrowed it down to two and left them fight it out in a final, winnable task. Most sales or whatever in the final task gets the job.

Or let them wrestle for it, smothered in their Chocolate, Btw that yoke in Kates Ad was not half bad, it would be great to be ties up by her
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

DennistheMenace

The last task is really irrelevant imo, Sugar has already made his mind up by the time.

Think he saw a bit of Yasmina in his own business philiosophy of fill them high and sell them cheap which was reflected in Yasmina's pricing for her chocolate.

Onion Bag

Sugar is a bit of a tool in my opinion, he really does think the Sun shines out of his hole, he thinks he is God
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!