business closures/job struggles formerly 'its the waiting that is hell'

Started by longball, March 04, 2009, 02:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Puckoon

For fucks sake fellas - the boards going down the tubes, Fullback is on the brink of the pink slip and all you boys can do is make jokes?

Ask not what your board can do for you, but what you can do for your board.

full back

Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2009, 05:25:25 PM
For f**ks sake fellas - the boards going down the tubes, Fullback is on the brink of the pink slip and all you boys can do is make jokes?

Cheers Puck
Them other fcukers dont give a flying fcuk, the bunch of fcuks

Puckoon

Back to your original question concerning how they decide the layoffs...

I hope its not based on gaaboard posting.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2009, 05:25:25 PM
For f**ks sake fellas - the boards going down the tubes, Fullback is on the brink of the pink slip and all you boys can do is make jokes?

True, fair point Puck.

FB whats the likelihood of you getting bad news? Cut pay? Cut hours? Cut completely?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

illdecide

Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2009, 05:30:06 PM
Back to your original question concerning how they decide the layoffs...

:D Me neither
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Eoghan Mag

Forget about what you've trained for up to now Full back. Go do a training course and change direction.

I'm in a strange boat I've been head-hunted to go back to work next week and I'll be doing a job I've never done before, but you can't buy the experience I've built up in the job over the years! In all my time in the job only one lad has ever been sacked and no-one has ever been laid off. People cannot stick the pace (or the place) and leave of their own accord. You have to beg people to stay!

Puckoon

full back

Quote from: Puckoon on March 04, 2009, 05:30:06 PM

Hope not, my posts have slipped badly recently :-[

Eoghan Mag

Do a training course to train people!

The Iceman

I try very hard not to read the papers or watch the news and remain positive about everything in the midst of a recession.
I was always of the opinion that if you want to work you will have a job - no matter what it means doing.
But it is easy to say that when my job is safe and I am not in the predicament facing a lot of posters on the board.

It is scary how hard this has hit and how fast it is snowballing.  I am sure there are a lot of contacts and networking opportunities on this board itself - I know a lot of it would mean revealing identities but maybe if people knew of jobs going and could post up opportunities, offer recommendations, point people in the right direction etc. I suppose any kind of help is better than none.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinkingHarp

Just turned down as a delivery driver (delivering groceries) for a part time job.  :o

Seems I was over qualified to drive a truck and carry three sacks of groceries to someones front door.  ::)

Looks like a fast food or retail job to help me pay for school, although the one store just built has 250 jobs and over 5,000 applicants.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

erne bhoy

I'm not even joking when I say this but if you simply must have a job then asda in enniskillen is the place to go. There is literally an army of employees, couple of mates have picked up jobs there in the past couple of weeks, £6.50 an hour I believe, so there you go. Jobs like nothing normal, for the record it's actually the fifth largest grossing walmart (yes walmart ) in the world. Thousands of crazy southern cnuts coming up and buying whatever they can carry lol

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donagh on March 04, 2009, 03:31:11 PM
On the flip side I've been pulling 70 and 80 hours weeks without overtime for the past two months because we've a moratorium on new staff and had 5 leave since November without being replaced. Fecking wrecked, but suppose it's better than being on the dole...

That's the way I'm going too, as you say though, rather that than sitting in the house  :(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

longball

Quote from: erne bhoy on March 04, 2009, 07:12:25 PM
I'm not even joking when I say this but if you simply must have a job then asda in enniskillen is the place to go. There is literally an army of employees, couple of mates have picked up jobs there in the past couple of weeks, £6.50 an hour I believe, so there you go. Jobs like nothing normal, for the record it's actually the fifth largest grossing walmart (yes walmart ) in the world. Thousands of crazy southern cnuts coming up and buying whatever they can carry lol

Gonna apply here in the morning!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0