Laois Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 25, 2022, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spillane

Quote from: Ballybrittas Boy on August 29, 2022, 03:27:24 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 29, 2022, 01:59:35 PM
A little bit off topic but would someone from Ballyroan on this forum be able to tell me how many of the Ballyroan senior panel are from Abbeyleix or are the majority of them from Ballyroan ?
I think Mark Cahill, Lawson Obular and Cathal Doyle are all Abbeyleix lads. After that I'm not too sure but I would assume the lads with the surnames Whelan, Gee and McWey are all Ballyroan.

Mark Cahill, Aaron Caroll, Aaron McEvoy, Lawson Obular all from Abbeylace..
Doyle from Ballyroan.

BallyroanAbbey

Doyle from Ballyroan.
[/quote]

Abbeyleix would be probably a decent intermediate team by themselves
Ballyroan would be be basically where they were for the first 10 years of the amalgamation hoping between Senior and Intermediate

The lads that came through last year were probably the last of a good few successful underage teams, we would still get lads again but you won't have 7 or 8 Senior footballers off 1 team like that crop

Port in a way is a great draw for us because we are plenty talented enough, its games like this that have to be won or at least competitive in if a breakthrough is ever going to happen

I'd be confident that breakthrough will come if not this year in the next couple as there is a lot of momentum behind us since covid

SCFC

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on September 01, 2022, 02:52:43 PM

Doyle from Ballyroan.

Abbeyleix would be probably a decent intermediate team by themselves
Ballyroan would be be basically where they were for the first 10 years of the amalgamation hoping between Senior and Intermediate

The lads that came through last year were probably the last of a good few successful underage teams, we would still get lads again but you won't have 7 or 8 Senior footballers off 1 team like that crop

Port in a way is a great draw for us because we are plenty talented enough, its games like this that have to be won or at least competitive in if a breakthrough is ever going to happen

I'd be confident that breakthrough will come if not this year in the next couple as there is a lot of momentum behind us since covid
[/quote]
I think ye probably needed to avoid Portlaoise after last year's meeting.
I expect ye to win a senior title in the next few years but ye would want to do it sooner rather than later because the likes of Joseph's are on the rise again at underage.

vetoldthe

Looking forward to football quarter finals this weekend.

O'Dempseys v St Joseph's, hard to call,

Ballyroan v Port, I think Ballyroan are up for this game, expect fireworks,

Clonaslee to give Portlaoise a good rattle,

Courtwood v Graiguecullen ( Courtwood to cause a shock? )

Spiritof86

Joes by 3
Port by 5
Portlaoise by 8
Graigue by 2

Silkyskillssunshinee

O'Dempsey's by 2
BA by 1
Portlaoise by 10
Graiguecullen by 6

portlaoisekid

Portlaoise v Clonaslee - Portlaoise by 4.... Clonaslee will be tough, but Portlaoise should have enough

O'Dempseys v St Joseph's - St Josephs by 2. I've liked the look of Josephs all year and now is their time to drive it on

Courtwood v Graigue - Graigue by 6+  Graigue second best team in the county and Courtwood won't bother them too much IMO

Port v Ballyroan - Port by 6+  Ballyroan will give Port all they want of it but in reality, Port are light years ahead of the rest...

town1980

Portlaoise by 5 after a definsive display by clonaslee who will be hard to break down
Graigcullen by 6-10 i just think they have too much and i agree are a good bet for the final
Joes by 6 i think they are due a semi final and o flatherty is the differance without him joes would be no further
Portarlington by 4  but a game that wont go there own way but i cant see past them just yet but the ballyabbey boys could surprise the county they have the talent

The Saint

Portlaoise vs Clonaslee - Portlaoise by 5
O' Dempseys vs St Josephs  - Draw, extra time, Josephs win on penalties
Courtwood vs Graiguecullen - Graigue by 7
Portarlington vs Ballyroan Abbey - Port by 5

Robbo

Clonaslee by 3.
O'Ds by 1.
Graigue by 8
Port by 1

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great games to look forward to but the weather forecast is bad, lots of rain around and could make a big difference to the outcome of these games.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

town1980

2 very bad match's this evening portlaoise good for 20 mins,,, o Dempseys will be delighted while joes once again poo there pants in championship football when will the local rags ever learn,,but there's one 5 week break team gone

vetoldthe

I realy enjoyed the second game this evening between O'Dempseys and St. Joseph's.
It looked all over when O'Dempsey's were reduce to 14 players
in the second half.  St. Joseph's took over and looked like winners and wemt 3
points ahead with only a few minutes to go but what a finish by
O'Dempsey's to score a goal and kick the last 3 points, O'Dempsey's are a nice team can they go all the way?

town1980

O Dempseys are as open as a bingo bus ,, o flaherty was injured that means joes are bang average,, young Hooney sure he missed 4 scores after joes went 3 up but look credit to o Dempseys kearns has them all going well but I wonder is Tin Tin happy 😃

Junior Ex Laoistalk

This weather is awful, are the games going ahead today?
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!