Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

seafoid

the private sector bank AIB died today
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

5 Sams

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 30, 2010, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: Sandino on September 30, 2010, 11:37:06 AM
Tony Curtis american film star and painter has died aged 85.
Did the small animal on his head die too?

:D :D :D
The Aristocrat Years

MCMLX

Quote from: seafoid on September 30, 2010, 08:48:49 PM
the private sector bank AIB died today

Ireland died today, the banks are still on life support.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Sandino

Norman Wisdom has died aged 95. Mr Grimsdale!!!!!!!!!!!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Orior

Sorry to hear that.

I always liked his version of the funny walk, achieved simply by swinging his arms opposite to what is natural.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

aontroim

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Sandino on October 04, 2010, 11:01:13 PM
Norman Wisdom has died aged 95. Mr Grimsdale!!!!!!!!!!!

The late Charlie Chaplain described him as his funniest clown.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Billys Boots

Just saw there that Moss Keane has died:

From RTE.ie:
The death has taken place of the former Irish rugby international Moss Keane at the age of 62.

The Kerry native was capped 51 times for Ireland, making his debut in Paris in 1974.

He toured New Zealand in 1977 with the British and Irish Lions and was also a part of the famous Munster side of 1978 that defeated New Zealand in Thomond Park.

Keane also played Gaelic football and represented his native county in the U-21 grade and won Sigerson Cup honours with UCC.

Moss Keane is survived by his wife Anne and his two daughters Sarah and Anne Marie.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

5 Sams

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 05, 2010, 11:38:26 AM

From RTE.ie:
The death has taken place of the former Irish rugby international Moss Keane at the age of 62.

The Kerry native was capped 51 times for Ireland, making his debut in Paris in 1974.

He toured New Zealand in 1977 with the British and Irish Lions and was also a part of the famous Munster side of 1978 that defeated New Zealand in Thomond Park.

Keane also played Gaelic football and represented his native county in the U-21 grade and won Sigerson Cup honours with UCC.

Moss Keane is survived by his wife Anne and his two daughters Sarah and Anne Marie.

Thats a bit of shock about Moss Keane...was he sick or was it sudden? His book is great read....seemed like mighty crack....RIP
The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

From RTE.ie:

Jaysus he was a hero of mine when I was little. I remember my auld fella pointing him out to me in a tent at Laytown races, the bar knowing my Da!!!! I suppose I would have been 8-9 and he was a giant of a man and head and shoulders above everyone in the room.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 05, 2010, 12:02:06 PM

From RTE.ie:

Thats a bit of shock about Moss Keane...was he sick or was it sudden? His book is great read....seemed like mighty crack....RIP

He had cancer.

Moss will be sadly missed. A great character and a decent footballer in his day - the famous quote being "a farmer could make a tidy profit on the amount of land it took Moss Keane to turn!"

You'd often see him at Kerry matches in Croke Park.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

No words are big enough to describe Moss Keane.

RIP to a true legend.

dec

From RTE.ie:

I heard this story once (I won't vouch for its accuracy). On the 1977 Lions tour some English journalist (Nigel Starmer-Smith or the like) asked Moss what the highlight of the tour was for him.

The Kerryman replied "Hearing that Kerry had beaten Cork in the Munster Football Final".