Quote from: laoislad on August 15, 2021, 12:52:02 PM
Gerd Muller.

"Der Bomber".
One of the best strikers I've seen.
RIP Gerd.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

grounded

Quote from: Six Miles From Bangor on August 14, 2021, 01:32:40 PM
James McCartan Snr. All Ireland winner in 1960 & 61.

RIP.  Had been unwell for a while but still a shock. An all time great.

BennyCake

Quote from: Six Miles From Bangor on August 14, 2021, 01:32:40 PM
James McCartan Snr. All Ireland winner in 1960 & 61.

His career was before my time, but a legendary Down figure. RIP

trueblue1234

Sean lock. Always thought he was good on 8 out of 10 cats.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

Ah I'm sad to hear that. He was really of the wall but I liked him. Hadn't realised he was ill.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2021, 11:15:24 AM

That's really sad, I've seen him live on a number of occasions and he was very good. RIP
That was never a square ball!!

Capt Pat

Sad to hear about Sean Lock, he was still relatively young at 58. I didn't know he was ill.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 18, 2021, 11:15:24 AM
Cancer is a ****.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Sad, was a good laugh

bennydorano

Very sad news about Sean Lock. A huge favourite of mine, first came across him 20 odd years ago with 15 Storeys High and loved him ever since, his stand up was first class. While he's always been very funny on Cats & Countdown, I was always sort of waiting on him to do something better as I thought it was beneath him! RIP Sean. Cancer really is a ****.

Edit: great article from Harry Hill in the Guardian
https://amp.theguardian.com/stage/2021/aug/18/harry-hill-on-sean-lock-comedians-comedian-took-us-by-surprise?__twitter_impression=true

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on August 18, 2021, 02:40:10 PM
Very sad news about Sean Lock. A huge favourite of mine, first came across him 20 odd years ago with 15 Storeys High and loved him ever since, his stand up was first class. While he's always been very funny on Cats & Countdown, I was always sort of waiting on him to do something better as I thought it was beneath him! RIP Sean. Cancer really is a ****.

Edit: great article from Harry Hill in the Guardian
https://amp.theguardian.com/stage/2021/aug/18/harry-hill-on-sean-lock-comedians-comedian-took-us-by-surprise?__twitter_impression=true

He was one of those likeable guys where you just know he was genuinely funny without having to work too hard at it. Always understated, and didn't go for the obvious cheap laughs as much as some of them. Cancer really is a c**t.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armamike

Very sad and surprised to hear this news. Apparently he was Irish background with parents from Armagh.
That's just, like your opinion man.

StPatsAbu

Very witty guy. Did well to suppress any strain of dour Armagh blood he had in him in fairness.

Armamike

He was a bit more upbeat than Kevin McAleer anyway  ;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

Capt Pat

Don Everly of the Everly Brothers at age 84.