Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbbey

Random question, what ever happen to bill duggan from ballacolla?

burdizzo

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on April 21, 2017, 01:28:05 PM
Random question, what ever happen to bill duggan from ballacolla?
Just picked on the Leinster Junior Club side for the InterPro's in fact.

Helix

Did I hear Eoin Fleming dropped off the panel? Not sure how true it is heard it today.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

blueandwhite1

Team named. Pretty much as expected with a couple of surprises. Are Ryan Mullaney and John Lennon injured?

redsetanta

Mullaney did his shoulder but not sure about Lennon. He is carrying an injury though.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

What are the surprises? Paddy Whelan and Picky on the inside line? Nothing major really.

Don Draper

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 21, 2017, 10:09:36 PM
Team named. Pretty much as expected with a couple of surprises. Are Ryan Mullaney and John Lennon injured?
Yes

G@@

Relieved with that result. We were rather poor in the first half. The second half was a much better performance and should have piled on after going 8pts in front (all unanswered points). Thought bringing off Cha opened the door for Westmeath allowing them back into the game. Will need a big step up in performance to beat Meath who are obviously on a high after beating Kerry and winning Div 2B along with last years Christy Ring Cup.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

Wasn't there today but sounded like Roddy didn't get going at all. We need all our top players to perform to do anything. Hopefully he saves his big game for Kerry.

redsetanta

Some win for Meath today. Just shows how tight this round robin will be. Very important game next week. A win and the job should be done.

burdizzo

Yes, I think taking off Cha was a bit premature, though he may have been limping a bit. In fairness, the management weren't afraid to make the changes after the poor first half, and bringing him forward seemed to get everyone on their game more. However, we do seem to have a bare enough panel, overall. A couple of injuries, and where are we? Mind you, Downey did well when he came on - could have earned himself a start next time?
As for Flemming dropping off the panel - looks like he should've stuck around. Bad mistake for Westmeath's second goal, and it was a shame to be in a tight corner after putting up such a big lead.

G@@

Meath next Sunday at 3pm. A win here is desperately needed because a win in Tralee on May 14th would be harder earned in my opinion.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

BallyroanAbbey

i thought that todays win was very good when you consider the players that have retired/injured/wont commit to the team. We pulled away in the 3rd quarter when the game was in the balance, and responded very well to the first goal. There are a few obvious conclusions out of todays game
1)Regardless of where cha is played he is by and far our best player and i would argue is more important to the team now than willie hyland/keenan ever were to laois
2)Rowland for all the talent in the world as a shop stopper is always in danger of making poor mistakes, also i dont think his puckouts are very accurate, but length wise cannot be dismissed, fleming would probably be a less spectactular but less error prone keeper
3)Having lads on the bench that are subs/on 2nd teams of senior clubs must be a massive slap to lads from senior b/inter/junior clubs, i know they are young and probably with the u21s but if you couldnt make your club team the year before you shouldnt be getting within an asses roar of the squad, they had young harnett on the bench too which was nice and he has played fitzgibbon wit CIT and Senior B with Ballyfin last year as a gales player from Mountmellick so hopefully the gales teams unearths a few more, because having subs from club teams on the bench is a bad reflection.

Overall a good win and hopefully more to come