The far right

Started by seafoid, March 28, 2024, 09:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on Today at 12:27:16 AMIt's not really that complicated

Enforce existing laws

Deport people whose claims are denied

Rigorous background checks on new arrivals

Set Welfare benefits in line with European averages (not double)

Can you explain to me how you do "rigorous background checks" on someone fleeing a warzone. Do you send a form to their local police station?

Also, do you think their should be rigourous checks on all sides. Would there be anything to be said for some checks on these far right goons? I mean if they were involved in local sports, foroige, community games etc then they'd already have been Garda vetted, but we know none of them do anything in their community. I'm all for rigorous checks on them so we can see who has criminal records, beats their wife and sells drugs etc. I'm sure you'd agree you wouldn't want those type of people heading up your racist protests

Rossfan

And who is funding them.

One of them goes about roaring about protecting children. Yet a Court has banned him from any contact with his children. And he has drug dealing convictions to boot.
Another has a foreign wife who belched on a bank loan.

Reynolds and Barrett who both claim to be leaders of "The National(sic) Party" are standing in the North/West Euro constituency.
I wonder will they get more votes than Jamie Bin Lid 167.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on Today at 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: whitey on Today at 12:27:16 AMIt's not really that complicated

Enforce existing laws

Deport people whose claims are denied

Rigorous background checks on new arrivals

Set Welfare benefits in line with European averages (not double)

Can you explain to me how you do "rigorous background checks" on someone fleeing a warzone. Do you send a form to their local police station?

Also, do you think their should be rigourous checks on all sides. Would there be anything to be said for some checks on these far right goons? I mean if they were involved in local sports, foroige, community games etc then they'd already have been Garda vetted, but we know none of them do anything in their community. I'm all for rigorous checks on them so we can see who has criminal records, beats their wife and sells drugs etc. I'm sure you'd agree you wouldn't want those type of people heading up your racist protests

Great

So we're in agreement then. More rigorous checks on incoming applicants are a good thing.

So we don't end up with a shambolic situation like the one highlighted last week where a guy (convicted sex offender) denied asylum in 3 separate countries can get in having destroyed a fake Swedish passport

And he then took a (taxpayer funded) legal action against the government to avoid deportation

Kidder81

As a rule I wouldn't let anyone from countries like Somalia in, one of the least developed countries in the world and fair to say they have fairly different views to us. Oh and seem to like to carry knives.

Truthsayer

Quote from: Kidder81 on Today at 11:52:25 AMAs a rule I wouldn't let anyone from countries like Somalia in, one of the least developed countries in the world and fair to say they have fairly different views to us. Oh and seem to like to carry knives.
Was going to say bit of subtle racism there but it isn't even subtle.. just throw it out on social media that Somalians 'like to carry knives' - is how the far right works to instil fear and animosity towards migrants. Do u have evidence to support this?