East wall #Irelandisfull

Started by Truth hurts, January 04, 2023, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2023, 12:17:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 09, 2023, 11:17:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2023, 06:21:34 PM
So let's try this again (for the third time)

Are you guys in favor of open borders? (Unlimited inward migration)

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

If no-how many should Ireland take annually?

Follow up question

Are the 75% of people in the SBP who thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees racists/bigots/xenophobes?

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/three-quarters-of-people-think-ireland-taking-in-too-many-refugees/

3 very simple questions. No need to change the subject or twist yourselves into knots?

You surely have more to say on the subject than you've said so far
Not in favour of open border policy. Not sure what number can be accommodated tbh but don't think it's excessive at the minute. And I think we should absolutely be doing our bit to help.
Can you give a breakdown of how many has come in, how many deported, how many awaiting decisions etc. if we have the figures then it might be easier to make informed decisions.

I'll do a little research and get back to you.  I want to make sure I'm putting up accurate data

You do that, don't forget to check in on www.facts4fascists.com for some unbiased accurate data

whitey

Quote from: Itchy on August 10, 2023, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2023, 12:17:29 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 09, 2023, 11:17:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2023, 06:21:34 PM
So let's try this again (for the third time)

Are you guys in favor of open borders? (Unlimited inward migration)

Yes or no?

If yes-that's great!

If no-how many should Ireland take annually?

Follow up question

Are the 75% of people in the SBP who thought Ireland had taken in too many refugees racists/bigots/xenophobes?

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/three-quarters-of-people-think-ireland-taking-in-too-many-refugees/

3 very simple questions. No need to change the subject or twist yourselves into knots?

You surely have more to say on the subject than you've said so far
Not in favour of open border policy. Not sure what number can be accommodated tbh but don't think it's excessive at the minute. And I think we should absolutely be doing our bit to help.
Can you give a breakdown of how many has come in, how many deported, how many awaiting decisions etc. if we have the figures then it might be easier to make informed decisions.

I'll do a little research and get back to you.  I want to make sure I'm putting up accurate data

You do that, don't forget to check in on www.facts4fascists.com for some unbiased accurate data

LOL

Question: Are you in favor of open borders?

Itchys Answer: Fascist.

Milltown Row2

Ok what country has an open borders policy and what has this got to do with refugees and 2 million people
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Reluctant to wade on this one before but it's getting kind of ridiculous.

No country can have an open border policy.

Yes the Irish people of previous generations spread across the world so there is a bit of guilt attached to that when thinking of taking people in. But there is the concern now, that the current generations are paying for romantic notion of paying this back to the world.

Simple fact it that the government dont seem to have a handle on it. It is not difficult to draw a line between the housing crisis and an influx of immigrants, be that right or wrong it is an easy link to make.

Not the fact that the government have neglected social housing or that they have let foreign investment funds buy up property and kill the housing market for people that are actually working, with no hope of ever affording a house.

So there are wider issues at play other than immigrants or Ukrainians.

Problem is when you have a government in place who are prepared just to let things slide and slide nothing will change and it will forces even harder views on all sides of the argument.

Kidder81

Interesting how this story was covered by the media

An Eritrean man who was a serial sex pest, jailed for 13 years for sexually assaulting 6 women. No mention of nationality in the bbc report linked below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-64430258.amp

Yet if you dig a bit deeper it transpires he is an Eritrean who had not yet been granted asylum & the judge said at sentencing that he would likely be deported after serving his sentence.

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2023/07/22/man-jailed-for-eight-years-for-series-of-sex-attacks-on-women-in-brighton/

Why would that not be reported by the bbc or any other mainstream outlet?

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2023, 12:58:10 PM
Ok what country has an open borders policy and what has this got to do with refugees and 2 million people

Never answer a question with a question

Sinn Fein, PBP and I assume the SDs have a defacto open border policies

Anyone any everyone can come in and you can't /won't be deported once you are here even if served with a deportation order

People who miracously  get on a plane in another country but land at Dublin Airport without papers

People from "safe " countries

People who transit through safe countries.....maybe 5 or 6 countries in a row to claim asylum/refugee status

People like the SD election candidate who got denied in the UK and then landed here and applied again and lied and lied and lied some more

It's a joke and the Irish taxpayers need their heads examined to be funding this fraud

Rossfan

Ok what country has an open borders policy
I presume Israel still allows anyone claiming to be a Jew to just walk in
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2023, 01:22:28 PM

Anyone any everyone can come in and you can't /won't be deported once you are here even if served with a deportation order

People who miracously  get on a plane in another country but land at Dublin Airport without papers

People who transit through safe countries.....maybe 5 or 6 countries in a row to claim asylum/refugee status

People like the SD election candidate who got denied in the UK and then landed here and applied again and lied and lied and lied some more

It's a joke and the Irish taxpayers need their heads examined to be funding this fraud

So on your post no one has been deported?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: NAG1 on August 10, 2023, 01:19:02 PM
Reluctant to wade on this one before but it's getting kind of ridiculous.

No country can have an open border policy.

Yes the Irish people of previous generations spread across the world so there is a bit of guilt attached to that when thinking of taking people in. But there is the concern now, that the current generations are paying for romantic notion of paying this back to the world.

Simple fact it that the government dont seem to have a handle on it. It is not difficult to draw a line between the housing crisis and an influx of immigrants, be that right or wrong it is an easy link to make.

Not the fact that the government have neglected social housing or that they have let foreign investment funds buy up property and kill the housing market for people that are actually working, with no hope of ever affording a house.

So there are wider issues at play other than immigrants or Ukrainians.

Problem is when you have a government in place who are prepared just to let things slide and slide nothing will change and it will forces even harder views on all sides of the argument.

Its an easy link to make but it is not a correct link as most refugees are being put into housing in the south that would not have been allowed to house Irish people due to the ability to by-pass planning. The housing crisis is squarely at the foot of FG and FF who have simply not built enough houses while in government.
My big annoyance in the housing of refugees is how the government has allowed it to be turned into profiteering by their builder pals, stuffing families into tiny rooms and getting paid a fortune to do it.

Itchy

You realise dumbo that Ireland is in the EU and therefore must take its fair share as an EU state. Do you think if there are a million refugees from Ukraine that they should all be houses by Poland as thats the nearest country. Is that fair? Like I said before, being an adopted Yank you dont have a clue whats going on here in Ireland.

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on August 10, 2023, 02:17:21 PM

You realise dumbo that Ireland is in the EU and therefore must take its fair share as an EU state. Do you think if there are a million refugees from Ukraine that they should all be houses by Poland as thats the nearest country. Is that fair? Like I said before, being an adopted Yank you dont have a clue whats going on here in Ireland.

Most don't have problems with the Ukrainians its the ones with different skin colour that seem to be the problem.

Kidder81

France approve about 30% of asylum apppications, the UK is much higher so that's why they keep heading for the English coastline

Rossfan

Quote from: Cavan19 on August 10, 2023, 02:30:24 PM

Most don't have problems with the Ukrainians its the ones with different skin colour that seem to be the problem.
Spot on.
You can almost feel the hatred and prejudice from every post by the usual few here or from the Fascists and their camp followers.
Although Libraries books seems to have become the new targets of ignorant hated from the latter groups.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AustinPowers

When tax  is taken from people, they have no  say or control as to how and where   it's spent

whitey

LOL

75% of people polled by the SBP stated that Ireland were taking in too many refugees

So are these people racists and bigots and Xenophobes?

What about the 84% of people in this poll?

https://mcompassmedia.com/84-say/amp/

"An Irish Times-Ipsos poll published today finds 84 per cent of respondents say there is a limit to the number of asylum seekers and refugees that Ireland can cope with"

If I were you guys, I'd be embarrassed

None of you can answer 3 simple questions but fire the rattle out of the pram when a few simple truths are pointed out to you

Irelands handling of this has been an unmitigated disaster

(Anyways-nice chatting with you all. Even though it's August, I actually have some work to do)