Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheProfessor

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 19, 2018, 02:20:28 PM
Quote from: TheProfessor on November 19, 2018, 01:55:47 PM
Aghyaran v dungannon replay set for Sunday.  Mcnulty getting married on friday. Very little talk of the drawn game on here, anyone at it?

Yes I was at it, Dungannon bossed the 1st half but didn't make that dominance count.  Horribly low scoring.  Aghyaran would have thought the game was up before the equaliser.  Hard to know who to fancy next day out.  Wasn't aware McNulty was getting Married this week.  That wedding already cost them a championship maybe cost them league promotion as well

I'm sure when he booked his wedding he thought the league would be long over. Extra time could have been played on saturday also

Mikhailov

Quote from: TheProfessor on November 19, 2018, 03:00:15 PM
Aghyaran v dungannon replay set for Sunday.  Mcnulty getting married on friday. Very little talk of the drawn game on here, anyone at it?

Yes I was at it, Dungannon bossed the 1st half but didn't make that dominance count.  Horribly low scoring.  Aghyaran would have thought the game was up before the equaliser.  Hard to know who to fancy next day out.  Wasn't aware McNulty was getting Married this week.  That wedding already cost them a championship maybe cost them league promotion as well

I'm sure when he booked his wedding he thought the league would be long over. Extra time could have been played on saturday also

Wasn't at it but heard it was a shocking poor standard. Nerves, weather conditions etc can all play a part so no real surprise given the prize at stake. Has Ronan McHugh done cruciate again? If he has then Clarkes will prevail. Clarkes have a lot of good players coming through in fairness

TheProfessor

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 19, 2018, 03:38:17 PM

Wasn't at it but heard it was a shocking poor standard. Nerves, weather conditions etc can all play a part so no real surprise given the prize at stake. Has Ronan McHugh done cruciate again? If he has then Clarkes will prevail. Clarkes have a lot of good players coming through in fairness

Heard he's injured, is mcnamee still going to be in the country?  Clarkes very impressive against Gortin and loughmacrory

omagh_gael

Thought their half forward Daliagh Jones was very impressive against ourselves. Very fast and great movement. Scored an excellent point under severe pressure at one point.

BennyHarp

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 19, 2018, 09:42:34 PM
Thought their half forward Daliagh Jones was very impressive against ourselves. Very fast and great movement. Scored an excellent point under severe pressure at one point.

Grandson of the great Iggy Jones. His brother Ryan is a great prospect too. Plays wing half back and only just out of minor.
That was never a square ball!!

redhandefender

I enjoyed second half in aghyaran game was extremely physical. Aghyaran were better team second half and should have seen it out.

Double D

Extra time and common sense?? Surely not, then how would the county board make more money from the replay?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Double D on November 20, 2018, 09:58:55 AM

Extra time and common sense?? Surely not, then how would the county board make more money from the replay?

Such nonsense.
How much will they make from a  replay?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Double D

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 20, 2018, 11:06:04 AM

Such nonsense.

Enough to make a few pound and the expense of the club player. Ask most.club players would they rather a replay or extra time to get the season finished this time of year and the answer would be extra time. Another year of fixtures butchered by the county board

Delegater

Quote from: Double D on November 20, 2018, 11:18:51 AM

Such nonsense.

Enough to make a few pound and the expense of the club player. Ask most.club players would they rather a replay or extra time to get the season finished this time of year and the answer would be extra time. Another year of fixtures butchered by the county board

In fairness the fixtures worked quite well considering me were in an AI final without a ball kicked in the champ. Credit where its due.

Double D

Quote from: Delegater on November 20, 2018, 11:21:08 AM

Such nonsense.

In fairness the fixtures worked quite well considering me were in an AI final without a ball kicked in the champ. Credit where its due.

How many weeks of the sunmer were senior and intermediate teams sitting idle? Then ram championship matches off right left and centre, some overlapping other games. Then ending in teams not bothering fielding or travelling towards end if tne league. How many reserve games were not olayed this season from top to bottom this season. Must be the highest I remember. Not a bit womder with players falling away over the summer with no games to play. 30 or 40 men out in January busting their balls only to end up having no football to play in the summer. And after all it's meant to be a sunmer sport not a winter one

Norf Tyrone

In fairness to the CCC they've produced a detailed fixture report last week which is honest enough to point out where improvements can be made. This is the first year of the the new fixture programme where by the All Ireland is pulled forward to the start of Sept and super 8s. This means that Tyrone has games almost on a weekly basis in July and August. There is an inevitability that the season will stall. However it looks like they may try and have the starred games in the summer and a more staggered approach to league games earlier in the year. At the very least they are keen to improve the delivery of fixtures and must be applauded for that.

Re Double Ds claim "How many reserve games were not olayed this season from top to bottom this season. Must be the highest I remember." Division 2 and 3 played more games in the reserve league than any of the last 5 years. Division 1 was slightly down on last year but the 3rd most of the last 5 years, so the original claim wasn't accurate.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Double D on November 20, 2018, 11:35:23 AM
Quote from: Delegater on November 20, 2018, 11:21:08 AM

Such nonsense.

How many weeks of the sunmer were senior and intermediate teams sitting idle? Then ram championship matches off right left and centre, some overlapping other games. Then ending in teams not bothering fielding or travelling towards end if tne league. How many reserve games were not olayed this season from top to bottom this season. Must be the highest I remember. Not a bit womder with players falling away over the summer with no games to play. 30 or 40 men out in January busting their balls only to end up having no football to play in the summer. And after all it's meant to be a sunmer sport not a winter one

Are there any proposals for the 2019 season as in fixtures to better streamline the layout so to prevent the same 9-10 week window between games in the summer? Or proposals for the improvement of reserve football?

TheProfessor

The fixtures probably worked out well if not involved in promotion/relegation playoffs and didn't make league final. The all Ireland final was played a few weeks earlier this year too. Its nearly December and still playing, not much thought for the players. All players may have to book their weddings around Xmas now to be safe

Delegater

Very fortunate with favourable weather this year too. I have seen worse years for fixtures.

Id rather be playing late into the autumn than doing pre season field work three times a week like some Armagh clubs are doing!