El Classico - Breffni Park, Saturday 18th

Started by Itchy, May 14, 2019, 09:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2019, 10:31:13 AM
Are monaghan going to name a team or are they struggling to find 15 fit players?

We're just waiting as long as possible to see who's actually fit to play. Dick and Lennon might be asked to tog out yet.

Main Street

Schkite

Monaghan team named. As always, take with a pinch of salt and expect 2/3 changes regardless.

Beggan
Wylie
Boyle
Wylie
O'Connell
Walshe
Duffy
Kelly
K Hughes
Ward
Malone
Carey
McAnespie
McManus
O'Hanlon

Interesting to see Kieran back and named to start. Wouldn't be at all shocked if there was a late change, but he seems ready to play some part. Also great to see Kearns back in the squad, he might not play much if at all in this game, but fantastic to have him back in the fold.

I like the look of the defense, definitely agree with having Boyle at full back which frees up Drew a bit as well. Attack looks like it's been picked to work hard which will be crucial this evening, with a 2 man full forward line of McManus and O'Hanlon. I probably would have held O'Hanlon in reserve for an impact sub, but then I haven't been seeing how he's gone in the lead up to this. Big opportunity for him to make an impact, hope he does well. Then you've potential impact off the bench from McCarthy, McGinn and Bannigan, though the latter 2 haven't seen as much football as you'd have liked this year so far.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Itchy on May 18, 2019, 10:31:13 AM
Are monaghan going to name a team or are they struggling to find 15 fit players?

Looking at the Monaghan team that is named. 4 changes from the AI semi final Boyle,K Hughes,Ward, O'Hanlon in for V Corey,D Hughes,N Kearns and C McCarthy.

BennyCake

Main Street

Quote from: BennyCake on May 18, 2019, 02:16:25 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 18, 2019, 02:14:59 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 18, 2019, 02:06:32 PM
Is this on tv tonight?

Sky

Balls.
Don't jump off the cliff just yet.
Deferred broadcast on BBC2NI  (10pm I think, not sure)

Captain Obvious

Cavan couldn't have asked for a better start.

An Watcher

Don't think it's on at all.  Crap.  2 decent games in Ulster this weekend too

Blowitupref

20 mins gone Cavan 1-4 Monaghan 0-2. Monaghan have yet to score from play.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

Break in play with a dog running around the field  ;D

Main Street

Monaghan shocking so far, fortunate to be only 7 points behind

Blowitupref

Half time Cavan 1-8 Monaghan 0-4.  The home side good value for that 7 point lead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

Great half by Cavan they look so well organised under Graham, Monaghan starting to panic already going by their wayward shooting in that half.