Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidder81

Need someone else onto Sutcliffe

Baile an tuaigh

Dublin too strong very same pattern as the league game a few weeks ago.

Milltown Row2

Physically winning primary ball from puck outs or long balls Dublin are well on top, the goal came from mishandling a short (decent ball in fairness) puck from Elliot..

Very frustrating and we seem very leggy or maybe Dublin just have it sussed, I'd said Dublin are about a 6 point team better than us but was pleased with our selection, we just for the first half haven't turned up!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonkunlon

Being outplayed in all 14 outfield positions. 1st touch has cost us time and time again. Can't see us swinging this 2nd half and hoping I'm wrong.

bannside

Either switch Maskey and Campbell, cause Sutcliffe's size big advantage. Or bring Walsh out and throw on Matthew Donnelly.  Obviously they are exploiting the size difference in the Dublin puck outs.

Baile an tuaigh

Ronan Hayes man of the match they should be much further ahead.

Baile an tuaigh

Justin McCarthy said league hurling is like driving in a quiet country road and championship hurling is like driving on a motorway. Dublin are a very good team and will do well.

imtommygunn

The thing is though the league game was the same.  Dublin are just currently too physical for us. We've come a long way but the gap still big.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 26, 2021, 04:58:57 PM
The thing is though the league game was the same.  Dublin are just currently too physical for us. We've come a long way but the gap still big.

I can understand them winning the high balls but the Antrim players seemed a yard or two behind all the time
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

groundlie

Good year considering we languished in lower tiers for years. Light years behind the top teams, so are Dublin. All in all a good year.

Jonkunlon

Losers of Laois/Wexford next.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 26, 2021, 05:35:17 PM

Looks like Laois at the minute. I'd love to see Donal Nugent and Shea Shannon start the next day. We done best with short puck outs and low deliveries into the forwards. The long puck outs with the high balls fed into Dublins strong aerial game. I think Dublin will give Galway a serious challenge.

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on June 26, 2021, 06:26:50 PM
Quote from: Jonkunlon on June 26, 2021, 05:35:17 PM

Looks like Laois at the minute. I'd love to see Donal Nugent and Shea Shannon start the next day. We done best with short puck outs and low deliveries into the forwards. The long puck outs with the high balls fed into Dublins strong aerial game. I think Dublin will give Galway a serious challenge.

Donal is not fit enough for this level and Shea is too inexperienced. We'd 6 of our best forwards starting and they all struggled. Dublin were finding free players over the course of the 70 minutes. They made us appear very disjointed.

Hurler on the Bitch

Dubs light years ahead. The number of turnovers and simple errors was criminal. Also the clean balls won in the forward line by Dublin was telling - we didn't catch one ball in the forward line. The space and movement off the ball was a different class. At times, it was pure skill by Dublin that told the tale. Suppose being found out today saves a serious, serious embarrassment at the hands of Galway. 18 point defeat today, and 18 point loss in 1989 to Tipp. Reality is a nasty wake up call...

Baile an tuaigh

Thats a pity I rate Donal very highly. So its Laois in two weeks then their defeat was as big as our own. Just shows you at this level every mistake is almost punished. The experience will do us the world of good and thankfully we get another day out. Laois will fancy themselves against us can't see there being too much between us.