Next Laois football manager

Started by SCFC, July 27, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Well,  Creedon is now gone. So new thread.
Who do we want? Let's be realistic too.
I'd gamble on Chris Conway.

Don Draper

Joeythelips

Well looking at the brightside we can't get relegated whoever it is.  :D

Again like everyone else I would like to see a Laois man in charge but one with any sort of management experience are thin on the ground. Maybe a management team of former players, I thought Derek Conroy did a decent job when in charge of u-21s, Conway and Higgins have good experience while some on here suggest Clancy deserves a crack. If you could get 3 of those working together it could be a good set up and give them a couple of years to get things right. The targets are not earth shattering, get promotion from Div 4 and try and be the 3rd best team in Leinster, anything more is bonus territory.

One thing is for sure whoever gets it they have one serious difficult task ahead of them.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Don Draper on July 27, 2017, 08:56:50 AM
Pillar has this sewn up.

I hope that is fiction, I would not even listen to the games on the radio if he was given the job.

Don Draper

You'd have to think Billy Sheehan would be a great appointment.

BallyroanAbu

Joey the two or three involved in theory is a good thing but never works out like that.  I think it's a one man gig unless the others are happy to work under someone but you can's have them all as equals.  But make this next appointment a Laois one and not some auld fella the County Board are pals with. 

Clancy for me, not against Chris, Joe or Malachy.  But no way to Billy Sheehan

redsetanta

Is Billy Sheehan involved with the Cork senior footballers?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

welcomehome

i am sorry to  say i would have none of the people mentioned...They were good footballers,but not for laois manager....

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on July 27, 2017, 09:13:33 AM
Is Billy Sheehan involved with the Cork senior footballers?
He was.

Unison

BallyroanAbu

Any of you ever had Billy Sheehan as a manager because Ballyroan did, good coach forget it as a manager.  He was part of a dreadful Cork set up who had a comeback against Mayo who had taken off most of their defence.  He would prepare us well for Waterford who Cork were all out to beat by a point.  Why are our own not good enough and mention anyone from anywhere else and instantly they are the man.  Billy Sheehan is not a Laois Man no matter how many of you waffle on about his dedication and commitment.  He is from Austin Stacks in Kerry he threw his hat in with Laois and Emo and when they did not work he tried to go to Kilcruise when that did not work he headed to St Judes and now his with Cork.   No he is not a Laois Man.

We don't have money so any talk of paying big bucks is not going to happen. 

SCFC

Billy Sheehan? If we paying that kind of bucks again, why not get someone decent? Get a Laois man in.
Anyway, I hear the job is already filled. Mick Dempsey in for a second term.

redsetanta

Very good news if it's true SCFC. A much different animal than he was when he last managed us. Great contacts within the game and a man with vast experience and knowledge. Very highly thought of with our hurling neighbours. A great appointment id true.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

town1980

like i said interview all parties see who has that extra factor,if its higgins,malachy,conway,billy,clancy  you ring the clubs they have been
with see what they brought to there area the club the players get a feel for the guy your employing to do this very important job,this man has to have charisma a tactical brain but most of all this is the important bit lads COMMAND the respect of the players be no fool be strong be passionate about wanting to win and let that feed to the laois people to the backers of laois gaa that put money into this county set up,i for one think its an attractive job i would like players input into the whole thing,i dont want a bluffer i want to see a fit laois team playing with passion but playing to a plan and not the stuff we have all seen last couple of years