Monaghan v Ros, Middle of nowhere 19th March

Started by Rossfan, March 13, 2017, 09:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I presume it will be another defeat for our boys if we can find the place and the Bus can negotiate the laneway?
Our 2 away trips yielded easy victories for Tyrone and Mayowestros and Monaghan aren't too far behind either of them so anything other than a comfortable home win will be a big surprise.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Main Street

Bottom of the table with null points has that added sour effect on your demeanour, Sy?

Brapbrap

Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2017, 12:29:02 PM
Two D2 level teams going head to head.

A Division 1 level team and a Division 2/3 level team you complete clown you. Why do you bother your h%@e commenting to stir the pot like you do? You must have an extremely pathetic life if this is where you get your kicks.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Rossfan on March 13, 2017, 09:29:12 AM
I presume it will be another defeat for our boys if we can find the place and the Bus can negotiate the laneway?

That's right. And sure if you can't find or negotiate the laneway there'll be helpful locals on hand who will charge you €10/head to shuttle you from civilisation, assuming you make it that far. Be careful however, they only got daylight installed in Inniskeen a fortnight ago.

Syferus

Seems to me this is Monaghan's way of getting their own back for Kiltoom last year.

Main Street

Kiltoom was pure bog, Inniskeen is the heartland of immense beauty.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on March 13, 2017, 12:29:02 PM
Two D2 level teams going head to head.
Both wear blue and white and both are from Ulster I know it could confuse a school lad like yourself Syferus however without trying too shock you too much it's Monaghan a established division one team and not Cavan D2 level that Roscommon will be playing Sunday.

Main Street

I would hope that the Rossies will have a more positive outlook towards the venue than the Tyronies whose penchant for conspiracies theories and complaining got the better of them in 2010.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=124793

"We are slightly surprised we're being taken to Inniskeen, especially when Derry will be playing in Scotstown in a few weeks time and Cork have already played there," Tyrone county board chairman, Dominic McCaughney told the Irish Daily Mirror" 
(understatement in bold)

"We have to accept Monaghan's explanation that Inniskeen has a bigger capacity"
(but we know their explanation is a crock of s...)

"but that has to be set against the inconvenience for the travelling supporters and the team."

(So even if that crock of shít explanation was true, it still does not make Inniskeen a bona fide venue for this game)

seafoid

I wonder how long Monaghan can stay in D1. The team seems to have peaked and the older lads have been retiring.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2017, 12:03:20 PM
I wonder how long Monaghan can stay in D1. The team seems to have peaked and the older lads have been retiring.

Longer than Roscommon, I imagine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

straightred

It will always be a struggle for them but they have done remarkably well and they also seem to have brought a few new players in this year. If you look at this population list you have to say that Rossies, Cavan and monaghan are all boxing way above their weight evenin being in div 1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_counties_by_population

They must all be doing something right at grass roots organisational level to be competing at the top level while others with vastly greater populations are languishing below them (e.g. Meath, Kildare, Cork and Galway).

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

The county is a shambles organizationally. Everyone bar Dublin would be rightly fúcked if we ever found a few good fellas to run the county.

Cunny Funt

As long as Malachy O'Rourke remains as manager.