Dublin Kerry

Probables

Galway Monaghan

Maybes

Roscommon Kildare Donegal Tipperary Tyrone Mayo Cavan

Dark Horses

Meath Cork Clare

Clare are my Dark horse tip.

I really don't get ranking a team we absolutely hammered away last year above us when we've a home CF final them this year, assuming either team slips up. Galway's recent record against Sligo is also far worse than ours is against Leitrim.

Despite what the media might have told people, Galway still have most of the same flaws they've had for the last five to ten years.

Which is what exactly?

A poor FB line and non-exsistent half-back play.

It's not a poor full-back line though. Sean Andy and Kerin are both very good players in their respective positions already.

Yeah, he was probably the standout defender in D1 this year, excellent each and every game. The ignorance while acting the expert boggles the mind

Syferus

Quote from: Manning18 on May 29, 2018, 05:23:40 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2018, 08:04:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2018, 02:28:37 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2018, 01:31:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2018, 12:13:21 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 25, 2018, 10:21:58 AM
Nailed on

Dublin Kerry

Probables

Galway Monaghan

Maybes

Roscommon Kildare Donegal Tipperary Tyrone Mayo Cavan

Dark Horses

Meath Cork Clare

Clare are my Dark horse tip.

I really don't get ranking a team we absolutely hammered away last year above us when we've a home CF final them this year, assuming either team slips up. Galway's recent record against Sligo is also far worse than ours is against Leitrim.

Despite what the media might have told people, Galway still have most of the same flaws they've had for the last five to ten years.

Which is what exactly?

A poor FB line and non-exsistent half-back play.

It's not a poor full-back line though. Sean Andy and Kerin are both very good players in their respective positions already.

Yeah, he was probably the standout defender in D1 this year, excellent each and every game. The ignorance while acting the expert boggles the mind

Kerin was a lucky boy to even last the 70 the last day. Plays too much on the edge. If Walsh had your faith in his FB line he would have two sweepers sitting in front of them most of the time.

It shouldn't need saying but with your predilection towards attacking the posters and not the point, it's easier to look like a good defender when you've lots of help.

SLIGONIAN

The Juice, Itchy and Syferus all owe Kuwabatake Sajaro an apology for yere completely ignorant uninformed disregard for his positive prediction regarding Carlow last weekend 8)

Fair Play Kuwabatake

Although i always like to see Kildare do well, was delighted for Carlow and hope they get to a final, Well done.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 29, 2018, 08:38:17 PM
The Juice, Itchy and Syferus all owe Kuwabatake Sajaro an apology for yere completely ignorant uninformed disregard for his positive prediction regarding Carlow last weekend 8)

Fair Play Kuwabatake

Although i always like to see Kildare do well, was delighted for Carlow and hope they get to a final, Well done.

+1

Couldn't fathom how they'd be bad enough to lose to a team out of D4 who lost their best midfielder for the summer to boot.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2018, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 29, 2018, 08:38:17 PM

Fair Play Kuwabatake

+1

Couldn't fathom how they'd be bad enough to lose to a team out of D4 who lost their best midfielder for the summer to boot.
Hunger

https://m.soundcloud.com/kclr96fm/sport-brendan-hennessy-willie-quinlan-go-crazy

https://youtu.be/1q6otO_GLTY

macdanger2

Quote from: slippery dodger on May 29, 2018, 03:20:36 AM
I'd love to see a somewhat competitive Leinster Final for 40/50 minutes at least. Laois have played an excellent 3 halves of football so far in championship and scored 4-13 the other day. Then you have Carlow who play a real percentage based game with very few risks taken. I can't decide who would get closer to the Dubs. I suppose for the story it would be nice to see Carlow in it. I would give whoever wins the semi-final a great chance of making the Super 8's

Tbf, the losing Leinster finalists will probably be the preferred draw in round 4 for whoever is left standing

Hound

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 29, 2018, 10:04:34 PM
I'd love to see a somewhat competitive Leinster Final for 40/50 minutes at least. Laois have played an excellent 3 halves of football so far in championship and scored 4-13 the other day. Then you have Carlow who play a real percentage based game with very few risks taken. I can't decide who would get closer to the Dubs. I suppose for the story it would be nice to see Carlow in it. I would give whoever wins the semi-final a great chance of making the Super 8's

Tbf, the losing Leinster finalists will probably be the preferred draw in round 4 for whoever is left standing
Has the other side effect of guaranteeing missing Dublin in the Super 8.

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 29, 2018, 04:50:59 AM

Also note any contest requiring a free-taking contest to decide a qualifier round winner will have the frees taken from 33 metres out.

Is that correct? Was initially announced as 45m. Pretty sure there was an O'Byrne Cup match that went to Frees and it was from 45m.

Maybe it has been changed.
Has the hurling changed also? The 65s looked too easy in the one that was on the telly. They should be restricted from crossing the 65m line, some of them got inside 60m by the time it was hit.

I never played a game of hurling in my life, but played football up to about 24. I only started pucking around when I was helping out the young lad's team a few years ago, basically learned the skills from scratch as I was helping teach the children!
Now if I had a choice of hit a 65m in hurling for €1m or hit a 45m in football for €1m, I'd defo choose the 65

Ball Hopper

Also note any contest requiring a free-taking contest to decide a qualifier round winner will have the frees taken from 33 metres out.

Is that correct? Was initially announced as 45m. Pretty sure there was an O'Byrne Cup match that went to Frees and it was from 45m.

[/quote]

http://www.gaa.ie/sportteller-content/stories/1/1/da3cc421-de34-4bdf-acdf-8588f1e77048/index.html#Slide_5

DuffleKing

How to they measure 33m? Is that the range of the D?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 30, 2018, 07:55:23 PM

How to they measure 33m? Is that the range of the D?

Dead middle of the goals at the D is 33m.  Doesn't say if frees can be kicked off the ground or out of the hand, so I presume out of the hand is ok.

Watch for actual kick being taken inside the line and ref/linesman correctly calling a miss on the kick.  Seems all kickers sneak a bit when kicking frees out of the hand, but a few are worse/better than others (Gooch, for one, always "improved" the location of the free by the time he made contact with the ball).

Joeythelips

Quote from: Hound on May 30, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

Did not know that, i thought this year there were no restrictions on who you draw? What about round 4 qualifier, are you kept apart from other provincial final losers or could you draw anyone?

tippabu

Quote from: Joeythelips on May 31, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 30, 2018, 02:18:26 PM

Did not know that, i thought this year there were no restrictions on who you draw? What about round 4 qualifier, are you kept apart from other provincial final losers or could you draw anyone?

It's not a fully open draw. Round 1 unrestricted, round 2 round 1 winners play losing semi finalists so mayo Tyrone can't play for example. Round 3 winners of round 2 all play each other unrestricted, round 4 winners of round 3 play beaten finalists rematches from provincial games not allowed so for example if roscommon beat Galway then mayo could only play Ulster, Munster or Leinster beaten finalists. That's off the top of my head

Hound

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 30, 2018, 07:24:53 PM

http://www.gaa.ie/sportteller-content/stories/1/1/da3cc421-de34-4bdf-acdf-8588f1e77048/index.html#Slide_5
[/quote]

Cheers!

The other change in that to what was originally advertised re the Super 8s is that the provincial champions were originally down to have their away game in Match 3. But that says it's Match 2.

Hopefully that's reliable, as it's definitely better. A couple of the Mayo lads have been banging on that there's no way Dublin will play any Super 8 game outside Croke Park, unless perhaps it's a dead rubber. Whereas this would mean a trip to Pairc Ui Chaoimh or Killarney for the Dubs in Match 2, when clearly everything will still be up in the air (or against whoever might beat the Munster runners up in Round 4 of the qualifiers).

highorlow

It's officially the super 7's and Dublin now.

Headline on FM104 this evening "Bernard Brogan hopes to be back for the Super 8's".
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on May 31, 2018, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 30, 2018, 07:24:53 PM

Cheers!

The other change in that to what was originally advertised re the Super 8s is that the provincial champions were originally down to have their away game in Match 3. But that says it's Match 2.

Hopefully that's reliable, as it's definitely better. A couple Oneof the Mayo lads have been banging on that there's no way Dublin will play any Super 8 game outside Croke Park, unless perhaps it's a dead rubber. Whereas this would mean a trip to Pairc Ui Chaoimh or Killarney for the Dubs in Match 2, when clearly everything will still be up in the air (or against whoever might beat the Munster runners up in Round 4 of the qualifiers).
[/quote]

Fixed that! I'm the only one that said that. Good to see it if it happens. Ye still will get two games at home! Unlike all the rest and ye still will have home games for the Semi final and final!