Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on January 17, 2019, 11:19:16 AM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/all-ireland-champions-dublin-to-lose-second-croke-park-super-8-game-37720782.html

I'm not sure this will make a difference?

Does the Donegal motion stop Dublin from playing in Croke Park?

Very clever wording - "We're just calling for no county to be allowed to nominate Croke Park as a home venue.''

This calls the GAA's bluff as to what Dublin's relationship with Croke Park is as regards being a home venue.

Rossfan

Interesting.....
If they said the Croke Park round to be  abolished and neutral Procibcial venues used  HQ would be mobilising the troops against it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

DUBSFORSAM1

I would love Dublin to say fine - we'll play in Parnell Park, there won't be tickets for opposition fans and there will be 1-1.5m less in funds to share amongst other counties and we will still win.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on January 17, 2019, 01:30:06 PM
I would love Dublin to say fine - we'll play in Parnell Park, there won't be tickets for opposition fans and there will be 1-1.5m less in funds to share amongst other counties and we will still win.

This isn't soccer. The home county doesn't get to dictate the split of the tickets. The tickets go first to season ticket holders and are then split equally between the county boards. For the super 8 game in Omagh last year Dublin were entitled to more tickets than Tyrone. Similarly Tyrone had around the same support in Ballybofey.

So although the Dubs could nominate Parnell Park they'd only get 60% of the tickets max.

Rossfan

Sometimes fair play has to take precedence over €€€€s.

highorlow

QuoteI would love Dublin to say fine - we'll play in Parnell Park, there won't be tickets for opposition fans and there will be 1-1.5m less in funds to share amongst other counties and we will still win.

I would presume Louth v Dublin will be in the "nell".
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

From the Bunker

It's a disgrace really that Dublin with all their money, don't have a decent capacity home venue!

Tyrdub

Did the Donegal proposal that teams only get 1 game in Supers 8s at Croke Park get passed??

Rossfan

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 17, 2019, 07:27:34 PM

It's a disgrace really that Dublin with all their money, don't have a decent capacity home venue!
have barely had to spend any money on a training venue
got handed the use of Abbotstown, then left as they weren't happy other teams had access to their S&C equipment
have use of DCU whenever they want
Same for UCD and Trinity training grounds

Baile Brigín 2

which they would have if the GAA didnt encourage them into croker...

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 01, 2019, 07:39:05 PM

which they would have if the GAA didnt encourage them into croker...
Ye are like the Brexiteers