The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Are Under the Bar and Over the Bar related?

Seems to be a lot of commonality in their contributions.

AZOffaly

OTB is only 1/3rd of the man UTB is.

trueblue1234

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 24, 2013, 01:35:40 PM
Quote from: deiseach on April 24, 2013, 10:42:32 AM
Quote from: Bingo on April 24, 2013, 10:31:07 AM
And Jamie Carragher makes the case for the defence:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2313752/Luis-Suarez-bites-Branislav-Ivanovic-Suarez-wrong--Jamie-Carragher.html

QuoteI know what it is like to have your leg broken by a reckless tackle. Lucas Neill cost me six months of my career in September 2003 when he played for Blackburn. Would I have preferred to have been  bitten? Absolutely.

I suspect that Branislav Ivanovic, who has conducted himself with great credit in the aftermath, would agree. You can get up and carry on after a skirmish. If someone shatters your leg, you wonder whether you will play again.

An appropriate response to the "I'd rather be kicked than bitten/spat at" tripe. Nice one, Jamie lad.

Intent is the key thing being ignored here. You can't argue that a bite wasn't intentional. A leg breaker of a tackle could just have been clumsy and/or mistimed. Of course there's only one side twisting things to suit their agenda though....

Of course. Intent can be hard to judge. Unless the perpetrator actually puts the intent in writing. Then it's pretty clear what a scummy act it is.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

hows she cutting

so what sort of ban will Suarez get?.....

Bingo

AZOffaly

Billys Boots

They really make it up as they go along. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gabriel_Hurl

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2013, 02:58:19 PM
10 games.
3 for the bite, 3 for who he is, 3 for pretending to injured after the bite and 1 for that hoody?

10 is very harsh IMO. 3 would have been sufficient and to attend a psychologist.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteLiverpool Football Club has today commented on the decision to ban Luis Suarez for 10 games following the incident with Branislav Ivanovic during the game against Chelsea on April 21, 2013.

Suarez took swift action on Sunday to make an unreserved apology for his behaviour and accepted the charge of violet conduct from the FA.   

LFC managing director Ian Ayre said: "Both the club and player are shocked and disappointed at the severity of today's Independent Regulatory Commission decision. 

"We await the written reasons tomorrow before making any further comment."

AZOffaly

What was it? 10 games was my prediction. Did he get 10?

deiseach

It was a no-brainer. An easy case for the FA to go all Judge Dredd on us. If Liverpool have any sense they'll take the hit and move on.

rodney trotter

Quote from: ballinaman on April 24, 2013, 03:04:32 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2013, 02:58:19 PM
10 games.
3 for the bite, 3 for who he is, 3 for pretending to injured after the bite and 1 for that hoody?

10 is very harsh IMO. 3 would have been sufficient and to attend a psychologist.

Why do you think it's harsh?, he did it before he should have learned his lesson