GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I would go as far as I could to talk someone into it. Would I go further than that? No.

In addition I would request that seats were cordoned off in the stand.

Sportacus

Complete own goal.  Waste of time going on social media and slating Nolan for targeting GAA.  A GAA ground is 4-5 acres, social distancing with stewards, markings, seat allocation would solve this if taken seriously but I actually think we've proved we aren't capable of that.  Any run of the mill underage club game I've been at has been a free for all. We're heading full speed for a ban on attending games.

Flanker

Quote from: Sportacus on September 21, 2020, 05:22:39 PM
Complete own goal.  Waste of time going on social media and slating Nolan for targeting GAA.  A GAA ground is 4-5 acres, social distancing with stewards, markings, seat allocation would solve this if taken seriously but I actually think we've proved we aren't capable of that.  Any run of the mill underage club game I've been at has been a free for all. We're heading full speed for a ban on attending games.

Would it not be fairly straight forward

Participating clubs supply a number of stewards.

Given participating clubs distribute tickets to members they should know everyone who has received a ticket.

Tickets are given with a strict adhere to guidelines or you receive a club suspension and no further tickets.

If the club cannot steward its own members they receive no further ticket allocations for future games for a set period of time.

Clubs have a responsibility to ensure guidelines are adhered to or you play with no spectators

It should not be the responsibility of the host club/neutral stewards to ensure guidelines are adhered to.

imtommygunn

Makes a lot of sense.

A couple of photos from yesterday don't look good. Putting sanitiser on a ball for "symbolism" is not the answer mind you ;D

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 21, 2020, 05:16:11 PM
I would go as far as I could to talk someone into it. Would I go further than that? No.

In addition I would request that seats were cordoned off in the stand.

If you aren't willing to turf a scamp out, you aren't  a steward, you are a spectator

BennyCake

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 21, 2020, 03:31:35 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2020, 01:47:26 PM
Even if Tyrone final had no fans at it, thousands would be congregating in houses and pubs, celebrating/hugging/close contact etc. The only difference being nobody would have seen it. But it still would have happened.

But then at least the GAA won't have them doing it live on television.

They're still doing it. Doesn't matter where it happens.

Rossfan

There's no defending  the GAA ( some Co Boards anyway) I'm sorry to say.
I was in a Church earlier, some rows of seats taped off, the rows in use had "sit here" stickers 2m apart.
Not rocket science for 200 spectators in a County Ground stand.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2020, 06:20:32 PM
Even if Tyrone final had no fans at it, thousands would be congregating in houses and pubs, celebrating/hugging/close contact etc. The only difference being nobody would have seen it. But it still would have happened.

They don't have to do it, why would supporters of a club want to spread Covid in their community?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

the goal was on

Ulster gaa coming out and saying should not have happened and don't want to see it again!! It happened at semi final but they were happy to turn a blind eye. If they didn't know this was going to happen yesterday then you'd have to wonder how some of them can justify their huge salaries .

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on September 21, 2020, 06:27:36 PM

They don't have to do it, why would supporters of a club want to spread Covid in their community?

They don't want to spread it. But they are going the right way about spreading it.

BennyCake

I think the All Ireland will be cancelled.

If there's a clear link between the Dungannon match and a rise in cases, can you imagine what would happen if say, Fermanagh won Ulster? That's a potential county-wide spread from celebrations.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2020, 06:44:20 PM

If there's a clear link between the Dungannon match and a rise in cases, can you imagine what would happen if say, Fermanagh won Ulster? That's a potential county-wide spread from celebrations.

Or Mayo winning the All Ireland.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Will it ever end

Will supporters now be discouraged from attending games in the north if outside their postcode with the new measures coming into play from tomorrow evening.

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on September 21, 2020, 06:44:20 PM

Fermanagh winning Ulster  would probably require lockdowns in Tyrone, Donegal, Monaghan and Armagh, at least.
But you could have appropriate celebrations, if people stand 5m apart holding a flag all the way from Clones to Irvinestown while the team passes by.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: armaghniac on September 21, 2020, 06:27:36 PM

Why are they?

At least the GAA can say they tried