GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 10, 2020, 06:38:38 PM
John Fogarty tweeting the GAA is to soon pull the plug on Club football taking place this year. County will likely follow.

This tweet?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Smurfy123

He would normally be correct?

armaghniac

John Fogarty tweeting the GAA is to soon pull the plug on Club football taking place this year. County will likely follow.

If anything it should be the other way around.
The option for some local  activity should be retained. Not necessarily fully fledged club championships leading to the All Ireland club, but u-16 parish leagues and the like.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Too dangerous for adults but ok to put  children at it??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

The latest from John Horan whom was speaking on the Sunday game. https://www.rte.ie/amp/1137557/?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 10, 2020, 10:12:09 PM
The latest from John Horan whom was speaking on the Sunday game. https://www.rte.ie/amp/1137557/?

First time I've heard it in all this madness , one simple direct question and ends all speculation.  It's all that was required all along since social distancing become a thing .

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Are the Dublin clubs Professional GDO's getting their €350 from the Government now that that GAA don't have a cash flow?

Is the GAA still renting Croke Park as a Covid testing facility?

Smurfy123

John Horan has one vote don't forget
Outgoing Chairman who will go down as the worst I'm a long time but wants to make a name for himself now

Rossfan

Quote from: larryin89 on May 10, 2020, 10:24:55 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 10, 2020, 10:12:09 PM

First time I've heard it in all this madness , one simple direct question and ends all speculation.  It's all that was required all along since social distancing become a thing .
He spelled it out alright.
And if social distancing relaxed enough to allow games Club games will be first up.
Also if the 6 Cos are behind (as usual ;D) we'll all have to wait for them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 10, 2020, 11:47:55 PM
John Horan has one vote don't forget
Outgoing Chairman who will go down as the worst I'm a long time but wants to make a name for himself now

I imagine he speaks for the GAA and not just himself. The social distancing thing is a no brainer. Why there seems to be any confusion round it I just don't understand. It's not making a name - it's being sensible.

Wee Roddy

This is part of the problem. Journalists and the like spout nonsense and people believe it.
Horan was speaking for the GAA last night and not himself. It was practical and everything he said made sense.

Smurfy123

I'm not for one second disagreeing with Horan but my point is what if we don't get a vaccine for 5 years and social distancing lasts until then? Is Horan and co going to go against what they truly believe? That's my point. It's with us for a long long time as is social distancing. We either except that and close tha gates for years or find a way around it

imtommygunn

If society can't find a way round it then how can the GAA though?

People who I talk to who would be a lot better advised than me suggest one year would be the timeframe.

Smurfy123

1 year? What if they can never get a vaccine

Captain Scarlet

The Tweet was that the GAA was doubling down on keeping club gates locked.

Two hours later he praised Horan's direct response...there will be more airtime and column inches given over today to analyse what Horan said, even though we just cannot know anything for certain.

Will lads giving out online about their kids really wanting to go to their local pitch and disgrace this and that give up their day to count kids coming in the gate or keep them apart if they are having a puc or kick around?

If insurance isn't willing to cover the GAA their hands are tied too because people don't take responsibility for their own actions.
As Mike Quirke said in the Examiner what harm in waiting and seeing what will actually happen?

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.