GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Can people differentiate between professional & amateur?

Amateurs will not be able to go back to contact sports until 'physical distancing' is over - its pretty straightforward.

five points

Quote from: Itchy on May 08, 2020, 08:34:23 AM
they all bring it back home and now 3 kids grandparents are very ill, perhaps they die. Where does the GAA sit ethically and even legally for facilitating this during a confirmed world wide pandemic?
Aren't grandparents supposed to be cocooning though?

marty34

Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2020, 09:35:27 AM

Amateurs will not be able to go back to contact sports until 'physical distancing' is over - its pretty straightforward.

What is the GAA?

armaghniac

Perhaps the GAA clubs should restore their interest in neglected GAA sport, handball, which could be played more or less safely in these times.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Ploughing Championships, a major public event, called off.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

bigarsedkeeper

The Camogie Association confirmed yesterday that all registrations fees have to be paid by the end of May or clubs won't be allowed to play this year if there is any games. So no money coming in but fees paid anyway. When they were asked would fees carry forward if no games this year they said no. They stated that croke park was still taking the levy off them regardless.

Taylor

Quote from: marty34 on May 08, 2020, 10:02:47 AM
Quote from: Taylor on May 08, 2020, 09:35:27 AM

What is the GAA?

The people playing the game are amateurs?

That is who games impact

Blowitupref

If GAA returns before the end of year I'm not sure how Leo Varadkar reckons games must be played without spectators while today he says he wants people to be able to travel abroad for work or leisure "before the end of the year, if not this summer".

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 08, 2020, 03:01:34 PM
If GAA returns before the end of year I'm not sure how Leo Varadkar reckons games must be played without spectators while today he says he wants people to be able to travel abroad for work or leisure "before the end of the year, if not this summer".

That's what I mean , the amount of mixed signals or contradictions is surreal . It's wreckin my head man .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Itchy

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 08, 2020, 03:01:34 PM

I wish he would feck off before the end of the summer.

supersub

Quote from: larryin89 on May 08, 2020, 12:14:21 AM
Fuk me so we are all in agreement then, when social distancing is no longer required, then GAA sports can start up again .

This is all it boils down to , it's hard to fathom why all the speculation and back n forth media reports . Seems so straight forward to me .

It won't be 2024 I think we all apart from you agree there.

Smurfy123

Itchy you are either safe or you are not?
Which is it?
You said no contact sports until a vaccine
Do you still stand by that statement
18% drop in hospital deaths in the uk this week

larryin89

Quote from: supersub on May 08, 2020, 05:12:28 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 08, 2020, 12:14:21 AM
Fuk me so we are all in agreement then, when social distancing is no longer required, then GAA sports can start up again .

This is all it boils down to , it's hard to fathom why all the speculation and back n forth media reports . Seems so straight forward to me .

It won't be 2024 I think we all apart from you agree there.

I'm no scientist that's for sure .

All I'm saying for the millionth time is most scientists are saying it's up to three years for a vaccine and that's if there will ever be one that's effective . Hence me using a far away date in line with vaccine.

Now I'll play devil's advocate here and say to you if I here of a game of football been permitted to take place , I will challenge the state if their state forces tell me I can't have a party with 30 people at my house . If I were a publican I'd do the same .

I don't understand the grey area , perhaps someone can point to what I'm missing cause I'm obviously missing something.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Smurfy123

But Larry the government in the south have said games can be held in phase 3 behind closed doors. Small gatherings also. No laws being broke.
What's your point