Ryder Cup 2018

Started by Boycey, September 26, 2018, 05:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Great to see Rory flying the flag for loyal Ulster. The Ryder Cup is a con. Golf is primarily a solo sport the chest beating and roaring from Europe in particular is gut wrenchingly nauseating, the yanks aren't far behind but at least the represent a country. IMO of course.

NAG1

It is the most over hyped event going, Sky threw their lot in with it and have created a marketing monster around it.

The fans are cringeworthy at best.

bennydorano

It's an advertisers wet dream, hence why Sky go into hyperdrive  £££££

Orior

Quote from: NAG1 on October 01, 2018, 03:41:40 PM
It is the most over hyped event going, Sky threw their lot in with it and have created a marketing monster around it.

I think it is much better than watch the british and irish lions. No comparison at all.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NAG1

Quote from: Orior on October 01, 2018, 04:09:48 PM

I think it is much better than watch the british and irish lions. No comparison at all.

It has the same kind of feel as the Lions, slick marketing and adertisers all over it. Great craic for those actually playing in it but pretty meaningless for the rest.

screenexile

Quote from: NAG1 on October 01, 2018, 04:15:27 PM

It has the same kind of feel as the Lions, slick marketing and adertisers all over it. Great craic for those actually playing in it but pretty meaningless for the rest.

There were 270,000 people attended the event and I'm not sure about the viewing figures but I'm pretty sure they were healthy as well so it seems a few more than just those playing are interested in it!!

Frank_The_Tank

David Livingstone hanging up the presenting for Sky Sports Golf after Sunday I see.  Liked him as a presenter I have to say. 
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

gawa316

trileacman

Quote from: gawa316 on October 01, 2018, 05:14:25 PM
All was not well in the US camp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45703605

Not surprising that no-one wants to play with Reed.

A man that even a mother couldn't love.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

stephenite

Quote from: trileacman on October 01, 2018, 10:51:42 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on October 01, 2018, 05:14:25 PM
All was not well in the US camp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45703605

Not surprising that no-one wants to play with Reed.

A man that even a mother couldn't love.

His own Mother tried and he got her thrown off the course!!

screenexile

DJ and Brooks came to blows as well??

phpearse

Spectator hit with Brooks Koepka tee shot looses her eye. Pros very rarely duff their tee shots but it is a bit mad standing so close to the tee box when lads are driving golf balls at 190mph or whatever speed they leave the club face. Not long before there are exclusion zone around tee boxes and spectators around greens and fairways will be issued with hard hats.

nrico2006

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 01, 2018, 12:22:21 PM
Great to see Rory flying the flag for loyal Ulster. The Ryder Cup is a con. Golf is primarily a solo sport the chest beating and roaring from Europe in particular is gut wrenchingly nauseating, the yanks aren't far behind but at least the represent a country. IMO of course.

Agreed. Cringe fest.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: phpearse on October 02, 2018, 10:20:14 AM
Spectator hit with Brooks Koepka tee shot looses her eye. Pros very rarely duff their tee shots but it is a bit mad standing so close to the tee box when lads are driving golf balls at 190mph or whatever speed they leave the club face. Not long before there are exclusion zone around tee boxes and spectators around greens and fairways will be issued with hard hats.

She wasn't standing beside the tee box though she was beside the green on a driveable par 4. Horrific to think she's lost her sight I'm sure Koepka is in bad enough form about it too.

It's always a risk when you're watching golf but unfortunately these kinds of things can happen.

Minder

Quote from: screenexile on October 01, 2018, 04:26:48 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 01, 2018, 04:15:27 PM

There were 270,000 people attended the event and I'm not sure about the viewing figures but I'm pretty sure they were healthy as well so it seems a few more than just those playing are interested in it!!

Would say it's a good oul jolly with your mates and is good tv viewing but how many would actually give a good fcuk who won it ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"