The vaccine rollout

Started by Smurfy123, December 30, 2020, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

Johnycool that's some shitshow
That's actually quite unbelievable
Going for a PR shoot and no vaccines arrive
Logistical the supply on this island should be easily rolled out. A small island get 100s of delivery staff on the roads and get them to everyone. It's really not that hard

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2021, 02:33:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 07, 2021, 01:15:40 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2021, 12:45:48 PM
It may have or then on the other hand it may not have.

We'll never know.

I think it will have massive negative repercussions and I wish we didn't have to do it. However I also think that not doing it would have significantly more negative repercussions.

What is this argument about? Is thinking like the above meant to make someone a bad person or something?

So you don't know but dismiss anyway. Right now is the time to take the right action.

I've not dismissed anything.

Does every choice you make mean you dismiss every other potential choice?

You are the mosyt dismissive person here lol

Well we are going with the failed strategy for the third time now?

What's going to be different this time?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Do you look at the numbers in hospital? They are at breaking point.

there is absolutely no choice here.

armaghniac

The HSE claim that 15000 in the 26 counties have had their first dose of vaccine. This seems a rather faster rate of inoculation than some of us thought.
Leo V said today that the Moderna vaccine would come on stream in a few weeks, and it would increase in volume after April. It will be less than the Pfizer though. The AstraZeneca approval would be bigger boost to volumes. They'd need to ramp up the volume.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 07, 2021, 02:36:35 PM
Johnycool that's some shitshow
That's actually quite unbelievable
Going for a PR shoot and no vaccines arrive
Logistical the supply on this island should be easily rolled out. A small island get 100s of delivery staff on the roads and get them to everyone. It's really not that hard

You work in logistics?

They haven't enough vials for the amount of vaccines required!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Get the god damn vials
It's not like they didn't know
Sort it out
Our government good at given out. Spend less time talking and more time organising and saving life's

johnnycool

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 07, 2021, 06:14:21 PM
Get the god damn vials
It's not like they didn't know
Sort it out
Our government good at given out. Spend less time talking and more time organising and saving life's

major boo boo by the pharma companies not having vials ready in the supply chain all the same.

armaghniac

EU double the amount of Pfizer Biontech vaccine
https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0108/1188442-coronavirus-vaccine/

in the Spring,  all of this vaccination will rev up greatly.

Also on the good news front Biontech have said that it is effective against the British and South African variants.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Smurfy123

92000 shots in the arm given out in Northern Ireland
Some of those have received 2 doses
92000 in total
Wow that has surprised me. Good going

No numbers from the South.

God14

The pace should actually pick up considerably from today. Because the roll out of Oxford vaccine by local GP practices starts today.

Hound

Can't remember if it was the world or Europe, but it was mentioned on RTE News last night that the north is the third or fourth best per head of population in terms of vaccine rollout.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: God14 on January 12, 2021, 05:58:49 AM
The pace should actually pick up considerably from today. Because the roll out of Oxford vaccine by local GP practices starts today.
Is there any fundamental difference in the vacines in the way they work or are they all just variants of the same technology?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Jeepers Creepers

Ex Cricketer Jeoffrey Boycott on GMTV this morning being asked about getting his vaccine. He went off on one (and rightly so) about the delay btw doses for the Phzier vaccine which only offers 52% protection with the first dose. Has to wait 12 weeks for his second. Shouts into the camera 'dont get the phizer..wait for the oxford one....

JoG2

Got vaccinated myself, well the 1st jab. So far so good in the 6 counties as regards over 80s, underlying, care homes, front line workers and hitting targets.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: JoG2 on January 12, 2021, 11:07:48 AM
Got vaccinated myself, well the 1st jab. So far so good in the 6 counties as regards over 80s, underlying, care homes, front line workers and hitting targets.

What vaccine did you get, I have to take my mum tomorrow ( she is 81 ) and some family members are apprehensive. Talk of some illness for two days etc. I'm the oldest and told them its her decision not ours. She has her wits about her and I have no problem with her decision. I thinks the not the phizer but the other one.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets