TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Watched the first few episodes of the 6 nations documentary on netflix. It's pretty good so far. The timeline is all over the place but still enjoyable.

lurganblue

Many thanks for the Slow Horses tip. Absolutely brilliant show. Sometimes serious and sometimes hilarious. Can't wait for more.

An Watcher

Traitors not great last night.  Was waiting for Ross to pull down the whole thing but it never materialised.  Don't care who wins at this stage as long as its not Harry or even Zack for that matter

Tony Baloney

I'll say again. Fcuk off with your spoilers elsewhere.

Targetman

Anyone watching Dopesick, based on the dodgy dealings of an American pharmaceutical company and drug addiction, watched 4 episodes, a good watch

thewobbler

Quote from: Targetman on January 25, 2024, 07:58:49 PMAnyone watching Dopesick, based on the dodgy dealings of an American pharmaceutical company and drug addiction, watched 4 episodes, a good watch

It's exceptional TV and is a shining beacon to warn us that if there's one country we should never try to emulate, it's the US of A.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Targetman on January 25, 2024, 07:58:49 PMAnyone watching Dopesick, based on the dodgy dealings of an American pharmaceutical company and drug addiction, watched 4 episodes, a good watch

Watched on Disney Plus. Up there with some of the best tv I ever saw.

Main Street

About the Tommy T show this evening, you would not have missed the audience but from the past shows the fact that there was an audience added an intensity to the interview. Somehow It works both ways.
There was an absolutely stunning end of show musical performance from Rachael Lavelle.

ONeill

That artist at the end stopped me in my tracks. I was halfway through a 3-legged St Bridget's Cross and put it down.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Good start for Masters of the Air. Will stick with it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2024, 08:36:26 PMGood start for Masters of the Air. Will stick with it.
How far have you got? I watched episode 1 at the weekend and thought it was very good. No expense spared goes without saying.

gallsman

First two episodes are all that's been released and then it's one a week thereafter. I've watched the first two and enjoyed it a lot.

Like BoB and the Pacific, it's character driven. The action sequences are stunning of course, but always secondary

bennydorano

2 episodes into Tulsa King, loving it.

imtommygunn

I really enjoyed Tulsa King too.

ziggy90

Miners' Strike 1984: The Battle for Britain on Channel 4 or catch up.
The story of the strike through three different perspectives: A Derbyshire pit Village, the battle of Orgreave and the faceless forces who really run the country.
Excellent.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered