The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I fancy Ryedane in that race meself, but I don't like his price - 4.5 at the moment.  I've put a few bob on at 5.5 - not matched yet, probably won't be.

winsamsoon

sit back lads and watch it come with a late run to steal the win.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

hardy i normally back rydane but he has had too many chances now for me. So i am taking a bigger price. Riche luvs the trip and will hopefully be there are there abouts

jaykay

Personally I wont be doing it.  JJ Lambe is after getting third with Inner Voice in the 1.50.  It was backed from 20's into 12's before the off.  Inner Voice is to the best of my knowledge owned by a Belfast bookie, one of his employees is a regular poster on here.
Would a trainer send the word out about the wrong horse to deflect attention?  I dont know but I'll watch the race with interest without any hope of financial reward.  I hope the horse wins but wont chance it.

bigfrank

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 08, 2008, 02:33:17 PM
No point in doing it now Big Frank has mentioned it  :D :P
Cheers Sideline,havent backed it and wont be,just saying that their is 8/1 available lol:) Good luck all

Hardy

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 08, 2008, 02:39:59 PM
hardy i normally back rydane but he has had too many chances now for me. So i am taking a bigger price. Riche luvs the trip and will hopefully be there are there abouts

I'm not that much into the flat, so don't take much notice of what I say, but I think Ryedane is well treated by the handicapper after two wins and two places and never more than 5 lengths off the winner in his last seven outings and the 3 lb claim will help further.

Best of luck anyway.

Lecale2

I stuck the christmas money on it at 8s.

winsamsoon

I have a mate who is a bookie and i have been just told that there has been a massive move for this horse somewhere is portadown. somewhere in the region of £1000 on it. This may be a result of this thread  :D :D. I have merley put it up as my nap of the day so wouldn't want anyone losing the christmas money lecale lad. No presies for the kids and all that.

illdecide

Incomparable faded over this trip when fourth behind Ingleby Arch at Southwell and he looks more effective over the minimum trip. Any market move for the Irish raider Spiritina on her handicap bow would be interesting but RADIATOR ROONEY revels on polytrack and the booking of the excellent George Baker may prove significant.

Sounds like the money for the big outsider is "RADIATOR ROONEY"

Win ya couldn't pick your hole...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

as i say our fella that is my fancy but you can feel free to pick your own hole ;)

Race Overview: HART OF GOLD is the selection with Richelieu and Choisette the most likely dangers. Ron Harris is always respected with his sprint handicappers and while his four-year-old isn't quite the force he was of old, he does act around this circuit and is potentially well treated on some of his older form. He ran a reasonable race at Kempton last time out and can be anticipated to run another solid race here. Richelieu ran creditably in an apprentices race at the track and will be under stronger handling today with Tony Culhane booked. Choisette is proven over the trip though is prone to throwing in the odd modest run. Sendreni drops in trip while River Kirov, who also represents Michael Wigham, is watched in the market given the booking of Chris Catlin. Dualagi put up two fair efforts at Kempton last month and may be best of the rest. Incomparable's recent wins have come at Southwell so it remains to be seen as to whether he will be quite so effective on this surface. Ryedane looks fully exposed. Hart Of Gold is our selection.

Bacon

I don't normally back horses but I've £30 EW on this one at 7/1. He's hoping for a good Christmas.

How many places will they pay out?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Bacon

Came from last to win @ 8/1!!

Good man Winsome!!
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

winsamsoon

Hardy

Great call there lads - well done all.

winsamsoon

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 08, 2008, 02:38:39 PM
sit back lads and watch it come with a late run to steal the win.

I think you will find that is the way it panned out.

Got £30 on it ew @12's earlier in the day