The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Non runner No bet = if your horse doesn't run, your stake is refunded.

Antepost rules (you don't get your money back no matter what) apply up until a certain period before a race, but PP have moved to the next stage here.

stevo-08

Lads, Im headin down to the Galways races tomorrow & friday. My first ever race to attend. Havent a clue when it comes to the nags but Im sure I'll be throwing a few bob on each race.

Does anyone have any tips for the races on thurs/fri.

cheers
Stevo

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: thewobbler on July 29, 2008, 11:29:11 PM
Non runner No bet = if your horse doesn't run, your stake is refunded.

Antepost rules (you don't get your money back no matter what) apply up until a certain period before a race, but PP have moved to the next stage here.

Hardly moved to the next stage, the day before a race is NEVER counted as antepost.

Though they are guaranteeing all earlyu and board prices. This is good, we guarantee early prices at the min but not board...

High Catch

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 30, 2008, 11:07:55 AM

Hardly moved to the next stage, the day before a race is NEVER counted as antepost.

Though they are guaranteeing all earlyu and board prices. This is good, we guarantee early prices at the min but not board...

What is the difference?

Our Nail Loney

Early prices are the prices that are up in the morning and up to about a half hour before a race.

They then take the early prices down and replace them with the board prices, or the live shows, the screens with all the prices that are changing all the time right up to the off.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: stevo-08 on July 30, 2008, 08:30:12 AM
Lads, Im headin down to the Galways races tomorrow & friday. My first ever race to attend. Havent a clue when it comes to the nags but Im sure I'll be throwing a few bob on each race.

Does anyone have any tips for the races on thurs/fri.

cheers
Stevo

We were taking a lot in work on tony martin's two horses

Green Mile in the galway plate
Legspinner in the galway hurdle

Green Mile was the one people were saying they had got a tip for, says that it is a serious horse. Race is today at 3.40, current price (stan james) is 7/1

Leg Spinner is one that really interests me, a very good horse, won the cesarewitch last year on the flat, Martni has been very cautious with ti this year, has let it do f**k all, has entered it in a lot of races but pulled it loadsa times. At the minute it is the second reserve so it'll need a couple to pull out before it'll go. Maybe with the conditions the way they are it'll get in. Its racing tomorrow anyway.

thewobbler

Someone was telling me that Manyriverstocross is good e/w value in the 4.05 at Goodwood.

stevo-08

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 30, 2008, 01:45:41 PM

We were taking a lot in work on tony martin's two horses

Green Mile in the galway plate
Legspinner in the galway hurdle

Green Mile was the one people were saying they had got a tip for, says that it is a serious horse. Race is today at 3.40, current price (stan james) is 7/1

Leg Spinner is one that really interests me, a very good horse, won the cesarewitch last year on the flat, Martni has been very cautious with ti this year, has let it do f**k all, has entered it in a lot of races but pulled it loadsa times. At the minute it is the second reserve so it'll need a couple to pull out before it'll go. Maybe with the conditions the way they are it'll get in. Its racing tomorrow anyway.

Thanks Our Nail. Appreciate that.

Our Nail Loney

Plus Stee if the price is higher than 4/1 make sure and back it each way so you will get your money back at least if it plaes. Don't go leach way less than 4/1 as you will lose your money, pointless.

There are some people in where I work reguarly back 2/1 shots each way and they won't listen when I tell them its not worth it!

Our Nail Loney

Henrythenavigator obliges again, yet another group one, sixteen now

Did ya get on him magickingdom??

magickingdom

i did nail but i went a little chicken! i was late getting to the bookie and when i saw he was at  4-11 i just put e20 win so i made the pricely sum of 7.27 profit. not bad tho still a profit, he barely won just like duke the last day but its some performance by aob/jm, stuff of legends really. roll on saturday...

full back

For those interested, there should be a decent show on BBC 1 at 9pm
Think it is about Betfair & laying horses to lose etc
Would say there will be a few dodgy characters floating about........

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: full back on July 30, 2008, 08:50:35 PM
For those interested, there should be a decent show on BBC 1 at 9pm
Think it is about Betfair & laying horses to lose etc
Would say there will be a few dodgy characters floating about........

Oh yeah I had heard about that show fullback, gonna watch with interest, am a keen betfair punter myself, and I would lay quite a lot (horses). Its the way forward.

full back

Yeah Nail, should be good
Its the only thing I would use myself, to back & to lay

Lecale2

Any fancies for Galway? I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it.