The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

It would need to come good or you may emigrate!! maddog said to put the house on it and thats just what i did.... THE MOTHER'S!!!     ;D

Bud Wiser

Im sticking with a fiver each way.        I mean it never ran before for gods sake so why put your house on it.  I did it in a double with Laois to win Leinster.     Should be an ok bet but I am a bit worried about the horse.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

maddog

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 18, 2008, 12:46:53 PM
Im sticking with a fiver each way.        I mean it never ran before for gods sake so why put your house on it.  I did it in a double with Laois to win Leinster.     Should be an ok bet but I am a bit worried about the horse.

Which was the bigger odds Bud, the horse or Laois? :P

Shamrock Shore

I've placed a few bob e/w for the craic.

On the horse that is.

I wouldn't waste any money on Laois  ::)

Bud Wiser

Revenge for the showboating and pointing at the scoreboard.  Can't wait.

The going is gonna be soft in Leopardstown which should suit the litle filly.
The going is going to be hard in Croker which will suit Laois.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Louth Exile

Text from a lad who is in Ascot
4.55 Baileys Cacao e/w
I don't know how good he is with the tips, generally 6/1 and 1/4 odds first three
Do with it what you will
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

gerrykeegan

nowhere i'm afraid 25/1 shot won it
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Louth Exile

4 lengths back, 7th of 17  :-[
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Muzz

Lecale2

Mickey Linden

What a horse Yeats is. Magnificent performance today. Has to be one of the all time greats!

Guillem2

Quote from: Mickey Linden on June 19, 2008, 04:14:50 PM
What a horse Yeats is. Magnificent performance today. Has to be one of the all time greats!

Agree. 3 in a row is remarkable.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Candyman

Lads 11/8 wasn't a bad price compared to Henry the other day!!!!!

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Candyman on June 19, 2008, 04:40:35 PM
Lads 11/8 wasn't a bad price compared to Henry the other day!!!!!

Any price is alright for a winner!

bennydorano

The horse that I swore I'd never back again is out tonight -Rowan River 6.40@ Windsor.  Got it at a guaranteed 20's at luchtime, could be worth a few bob ew at that price.  It's disappointed connections more often than not, but is allegedly flying in training.