The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on October 05, 2007, 02:57:28 PM
Balboa - Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 07 Oct 16:20

He IS the business Deel. I'm re-mortgaging the house  :D.

Yeah full back this Sunday. From a look at his previous form he'll probably start around 10/1but hopefully I'm wrong and he's 80/1.

No food been bought till sunday evening, all the wages, kids savings, mother in law are going to be put on homers hunch. Roll on sunday
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Louth Exile

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 05, 2007, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: Homer on October 05, 2007, 02:57:28 PM
Balboa - Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe 07 Oct 16:20

He IS the business Deel. I'm re-mortgaging the house  :D.

Yeah full back this Sunday. From a look at his previous form he'll probably start around 10/1but hopefully I'm wrong and he's 80/1.

No food been bought till sunday evening, all the wages, kids savings, mother in law are going to be put on homers hunch. Roll on sunday

And the up side for you is that even if it loses, at least you got rid of the mother in law
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

the Deel Rover

Well knowing homer she's out of here ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Homer

Lads just to keep you lot in the loop, the lad sent me this, this evening..

QuoteOk....update...

Essentially Guest kep this horse for no charge because he knew he would get a win out of it. This is expected to be the horse's last race for the trainer.

Guest has said that the horse is bursting out of his skin, but the head lad is not so upbeat. Guest also says that the seller is tougher than he thought it would be. This is worrying but the horse is forecast to be 14-1 so we don't have to break the bank to have an interest. I've been told to make a phone call tomorrow morning at 10:30 am for an update.

Guest is the trainer if you didn't know.

Homer

Sehoya opens at 7/1 after being forecast for 14s which means there's already been a good bit of backing on betfair overnight.

I await word from the tipster and will pass it on when I get it.

Homer

Here's the word lads....

QuoteRight....here's what I know from this morning. The man I was interested in has put 2 grand each way on the horse...but I think that's more out of obligation than anything else. The trainer is as bullish as ever although he did stress that he was worried about a horse called Mouseen. Another contact was called (not by me) to see how confident Johnston was but we've been unable to find that out as yet (call pending when we do)

Listen, we know how these things go....there's a big build up to a horse and then the f**ker does nothing. Well the people in the know have said that if the horse is ever going to win, it's going to be today and then he'll be sold on.

The people who have asked me whether to go big....I'm going to say don't go overboard, throughout the jumps season we'll get a lot more reliable info....this one is stetchy at best....in otherwards we hear confident comments from the trainer but worrying remarks from the head lad....I'm telling you everything as I get it so you can make your own minds up. I appreciate that everyone is probably going to back it....but don't go mad!

Homer

Right so I'm off to Breffni Park lads for the Cavan county final.

The horse is into 4s with Boylesports but still 7s elsewhere. I have him EW at 10.5 on Betfair but he may drift further on it.

For what its worth these are the fellas own tips for today

Quote5pm Kelso - Legend's Lass

2:20 Kelso - Nota Liberata

And according to Richard Johnston's agent, his best hope of a win today is in the first race (Uttoxeter 2.30) with Warsaw Pact.

Puckoon

poor showing bensars? You must have put your shirt on it? ;)

Candyman

Pulled up after about 30seconds Homer...  ::)

Homer

Jesus lads apologies once again, didn't get to see the race but I heard he didn't participate at all. The lad who passed on the tip is absolutely livid, as this was suppose to be in payback for previous favours. Thankfully I don't have the sort of cash at my disposal to split a grand on this horse as a few did. Guest has a lot to answer for especially as he had a 10/1 winner in an earlier race.

AZOffaly

Jaysus, that is possibly the single worst run I have ever seen. There must have been something wrong with it?

Homer

There was a lot of gambling on betfair on the night previous and the bookies always check the exchanges and start off prices accordingly. There is a possibilty that the team were therefore unhappy with 7/1 price and decided to hold out for another race but my source really should have heard this. The worst thing is that we don't even know if he is a donkey or not he didn't lose the race, he just wasn't interested in it.

Think this should be my new avatar...

Candyman

was going well all afternoon with Senor Benny giving me a big lift!!!
thought i would act the candyman  ;) and tank on sehoya bigtime but look what happened...  ::)

the Deel Rover

Just after dropping my mother in law into paddy powers (sorry loanshark) ;) thanks for the tip homer ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers