The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

Tip for Jimmy Styles in 2.35 at Ascot,

source 50/50 on the tips so I'll have a pop, just spreading the luck(good or bad)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

turk

I have a mate called Jimmy Styles so I will definitely do this tip as a "fun bet"

thanks!!

Candyman

Spirit i passed that tip on there and got another one!!
from the "biggest bombscare of a jockey in armagh" ye can guess who it is....

ISIDORE BONHEUR  4.30pm @ Haydock
"Apparently" the owner is putting a rite slab of cash on it...

small white mayoman

whats odds can you get them at?
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Candyman

Isidore Bonheur is 6/1 at the minute... fav is 6/5???
Jimmy styles is 10/3

FROM SPORTING LIFE WEBSITE:

Jimmy Styles can strike for Clive Cox in the Jean Bryant Memorial Handicap at Ascot on Friday.

He recorded his first win in an average-looking Windsor maiden in early August, before making a mockery of his official mark of 78 on his handicap debut at Newbury just two weeks later, when he routed the field by three lengths.

Second Esteem Machine, who reopposes here, and third Blackat Blackitten have both franked the form with victories since in decent handicaps.

Esteem Machine's improvement is such that he only gets a 2lb pull on Jimmy Styles for that three-length defeat at Newbury, and as Cox's charge is on a steep upward curve himself he should have no problem confirming form with that rival.

Up 11 lbs since his Newbury win, Jimmy Styles will have to show improvement against a good quality field, but he is as unexposed as any horse in the line-up and he will appreciate the testing six furlongs at Ascot.

Dangers include Richard Hannon's Edge Closer who is going for a four-timer, but he has been raised 20 lbs in the handicap since his first win over course and distance in July. Now on a mark of 97 he looks vulnerable and his run could be about to end.

He should at least set a strong gallop as he likes to do things from the front and a decent pace should definitely benefit the selection.

small white mayoman

All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Homer

Can get Isidore Bonheur at 7/1 in Boylesports still. He is up agianst 11/8 fav Best Prospect, a fine horse so might to a straight forcast on Best Prospect 1st, Isidore Bonheur 2nd to try cover a win bet on your tip Candyman.

But knowing my luck, I've just given it the kiss of death and both horses will trip across each other on the home stretch.

Candyman

Quote from: Homer on September 28, 2007, 12:10:44 PM
Can get Isidore Bonheur at 7/1 in Boylesports still. He is up agianst 11/8 fav Best Prospect, a fine horse so might to a straight forcast on Best Prospect 1st, Isidore Bonheur 2nd to try cover a win bet on your tip Candyman.

But knowing my luck, I've just given it the kiss of death and both horses will trip across each other on the home stretch.

i was just about to say that Homer... thats my bets up the left now!!!  :D
This tip came from Isidore's owner so i've been told, he works with the brother of the guy that gave me the tip??? (does that make sense  :D)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on September 28, 2007, 12:10:44 PM

:D :D :D good man homer your probaly right haven't looked at a horse since i lost my wages :P on that tip you had about 2 months ago 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

turk

Quote from: turk on September 28, 2007, 11:40:01 AM
I have a mate called Jimmy Styles so I will definitely do this tip as a "fun bet"

thanks!!

He was last! But it was still fun, in a cheap hollow way

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 28, 2007, 11:18:39 AM
Tip for Jimmy Styles in 2.35 at Ascot,

source 50/50 on the tips so I'll have a pop, just spreading the luck(good or bad)

Another classic tip............

girt_giggler

Won't be going on the other tip, been waiting for Best Prospect to run since early in the week   ;)

Homer

No fortune lost Spirit, well, on my part anyway.

Ok gonna try reclaim my bad luck off Candyman by napping All My Loving, Ascot 3:45. He's short odds at evens and don't expect anyone on here to follow me, I just need to get the monkey off my back.

full back

Whoever the fcuk decided to run the horse on different ground to the main field, trainer/Ediie Ahern needs their head examined

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on September 28, 2007, 02:50:31 PM
No fortune lost Spirit, well, on my part anyway.

Ok gonna try reclaim my bad luck off Candyman by napping All My Loving, Ascot 3:45. He's short odds at evens and don't expect anyone on here to follow me, I just need to get the monkey off my back.

Its a big f**king monkey now homer ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001