Previous topic - Next topic

the waffler

anyone know what the story is for tickets when they go on sale and where

Minder

They are on sale on ticketmaster now for both games
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

is it a double header in Croke?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

No Milltown. That would have been the right way to do it. It's KK v Cork next week and Tipp v Waterford the week after. If you go to gaa.ie you can have a look in the ticket section. 45 euro - pretty steep and with the service charge it's practically 50 euro. I can't see them getting much of a crowd. The Galway minors must be on next week as they are playing Kilkenny. Looks like another very strong minor team to me.

Milltown Row2

i haven't missed an All Ireland final in nearly 15 years, before that I'd have been to one every other year. very rarely would there not be a Galway team in the final. although playing a Kilkenny team will be tough enough. did they win (kilkenny) last year?

just checked, they have missed three finals since 92!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

Galway won it last year and if they win it this year ( I think they will) it will be six All-Irelands in 11 years at this level. I don't know where they are all going though. I read somewhere that Joe Canning was the only lad on the team from our double minor winners of '04 & '05. Very strange and disappointing.

Milltown Row2

John Lee captained the hurling team in 04

Hurler on the Bitch

The attendances all year have been poor. Don't see why the GAA could not do a double-header as 82,000 would be comfortable for both games. The sight of a closed or one-third filled hill is a sure sign that the money is not floating about (event Dublin Tyrone yesterday). Perhaps even taking the games out of Croker on a one-off basis could give them a - Thurles or even Limerick for the novelty.

Minder

If tree was a double header they also need to accommodate the two minor semis.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"