Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 01, 2019, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 31, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
This is not a dig at Donnelly who I am sure is excellent and will be missed etc, etc. But is there a more bullshit job than S&C coach? Lift those weights a few times. Jump up on that box. Run over there. Some amount of frauds at that job. A four week course and you're a personal trainer. f**k me the country is full of PTs and gyms.

No wonder Cavanagh isn't happy. Him and Donnelly are big mates. Donnelly I think was his groomsman. So Sean not really being objective.
Possibly the stupidest comment to ever occur on this board?? How can you compare a basic PT to Peter Donnelly, he does way more than just tell boys to "Lift those weights" "jump on that box"

Dead on. You tell yourself that.

Drumraghexile

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 01, 2019, 10:21:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 31, 2019, 07:32:58 PM
This is not a dig at Donnelly who I am sure is excellent and will be missed etc, etc. But is there a more bullshit job than S&C coach? Lift those weights a few times. Jump up on that box. Run over there. Some amount of frauds at that job. A four week course and you're a personal trainer. f**k me the country is full of PTs and gyms.

No wonder Cavanagh isn't happy. Him and Donnelly are big mates. Donnelly I think was his groomsman. So Sean not really being objective.
Possibly the stupidest comment to ever occur on this board?? How can you compare a basic PT to Peter Donnelly, he does way more than just tell boys to "Lift those weights" "jump on that box"

Goodman pearse blue, ill have to agree with you on this one!

OurKid 2.0

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 01, 2019, 02:33:46 AM
He is a god damn strength and conditioning coach for crying out loud.
You would think he is some sort of super coach
When do you ever hear of strength coaches in other sports?
All blacks no
Barcelona no
Dublin no
Kilkenny no
Tyrone 03/05/08 no
Liverpool no
corafin no
Caula no

Some people of building these strength coaches up to something they are not. Clare Meath Longford all strip out bigger than Tyrone ffs. Give over and move on lads.
Tyrone will get another man in who does the same shite for half the  cost and within a month the players will love him. Just the way the Monaghan lads will one Donnelly just the way they loved whoever the last strength coach was
They are on a serious gravy train that I know

Dublin dont have a S&C coach?!? Iv heard some pretty stupid things on this board but this my friend tops the lot

Smurfy123

No I meant you never hear of them. They go about their work unnoticed and little fuss.
You would swear Peter Donnelly was some sort of superman
He is a strength coach ffs.
Mickey Harte is the man who has brought success to Tyrone so stop all this nonsense about a strength coach
They are everywhere

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on September 02, 2019, 11:48:22 AM
All blacks no
Barcelona no
Dublin no
Kilkenny no
Tyrone 03/05/08 no
Liverpool no
corafin no
Caula no

Some people of building these strength coaches up to something they are not. Clare Meath Longford all strip out bigger than Tyrone ffs. Give over and move on lads.
Tyrone will get another man in who does the same shite for half the  cost and within a month the players will love him. Just the way the Monaghan lads will one Donnelly just the way they loved whoever the last strength coach was

Dublin dont have a S&C coach?!? Iv heard some pretty stupid things on this board but this my friend tops the lot

Dublin I think around 2012 lost there S&C coach to Leinster Rugby, He like Donnelly laid the foundations for the standard of what it should be!
Would I be wrong now in sayin that Bernard Dunne is part of their S&C coaches, he's def involved anyway!! Also Dublin train in massive complex like Setanta sports and NADA (National Athlete Development Academy) where they have a host of the top coaches in Ireland!

gander

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 02, 2019, 12:42:43 PM
Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on September 02, 2019, 11:48:22 AM
All blacks no
Barcelona no
Dublin no
Kilkenny no
Tyrone 03/05/08 no
Liverpool no
corafin no
Caula no

Dublin I think around 2012 lost there S&C coach to Leinster Rugby, He like Donnelly laid the foundations for the standard of what it should be!
Would I be wrong now in sayin that Bernard Dunne is part of their S&C coaches, he's def involved anyway!! Also Dublin train in massive complex like Setanta sports and NADA (National Athlete Development Academy) where they have a host of the top coaches in Ireland!

dont think dunne is involved anymore, he's head of the irish boxing now.  Bryan Cullen is performance director in charge of all that craic now - he came from leinster rugby

square_ball

I think that was Bryan Cullen. He's now back involved with Dublin he's got the fancy job title High Performance Manager. Dunne hasn't been involved this few years. He is in charge of the amateur boxers as far as I know.

trailer

Jesus we're completely doomed without Donnelly now. Who will explain the weights exercises to the lads now? Who will set up the cones for training drills?

OurKid 2.0

Quote from: trailer on September 02, 2019, 02:46:31 PM
Jesus we're completely doomed without Donnelly now. Who will explain the weights exercises to the lads now? Who will set up the cones for training drills?

You could nearly do it as its so easy done?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on September 02, 2019, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 02, 2019, 02:46:31 PM

You could nearly do it as its so easy done?

Trailer, go back to your man united discussion as you clearly don't have a clue about this.. I'd say if you asked any of the lads on that team they highly respect Donnelly

trailer

I get that he's highly respected and the players loved him and that he's good at what he does etc, etc. But he's an S&C coach. Getting the players fit is his job. End of story. He is replaceable.

Aaron Boone

Any danger to McShane's expected All-Star from yesterday's game?

Dean Rock's stock has gone up, Geaney down for me.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 02, 2019, 05:21:19 PM
Any danger to McShane's expected All-Star from yesterday's game?

Dean Rock's stock has gone up, Geaney down for me.

If anything Cathal's stock has risen after yesterday. That Kerry full back looked solid enough yesterday against the supposedly best attack in the country - Cathal had them all over the shop.
That was never a square ball!!

An Watcher

After that match yesterday it got me thinking, are we there or thereabouts or do we still have a bit to go? What I'd give for a Sean oshea as every free seemed to comfortably sail over the bar and a towering midfielder with him

southtyronegael

Quote from: An Watcher on September 02, 2019, 07:37:55 PM
After that match yesterday it got me thinking, are we there or thereabouts or do we still have a bit to go? What I'd give for a Sean oshea as every free seemed to comfortably sail over the bar and a towering midfielder with him
to be honest we shouldn't be let near an all Ireland final. We are shite to watch and try to kill games. Dublin and Kerry played proper football yesterday.