Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on September 17, 2020, 01:38:45 PM
Quote from: breakingball on September 17, 2020, 07:47:25 AM
Maybe thats why he was refereeing a junior game and not senior?

Quote from: ciaran1988 on September 17, 2020, 07:07:59 AM
I seen a ref in the junior hurling championship semi finals and no harm to that man but he certainly isn't padding any bleep test. It's a Hard gig and fair play to anyone who does it

So players at Intermediate and junior dont put in the same effort as a senior club ? The point being made is that a ref is an integral part of the match day and needs to have a reasonable level of fitness , these days , as most clubs at senior , intermediate and junior levels are training at a much higher level than they did in the past.

Maybe you also didn't read my post, fitness test wasn't carried out this year, for obvious reasons, is that simple enough to understand? Or will I post it again?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Bronco

If that is the case it is absolutely ludicrous.

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 17, 2020, 01:57:27 PM
are the finals on saturday been streamed live?

On another note i see the minor B semi finals are up now and we didnt make the cut. Glenravel didnt play us as they had a shut down due to a covid case with one of their ladies footballers. We got the points and a 1 point win.

We finished level on points with Creggan and Glenravel and lost out on points difference to Glenravel! lol you couldnt make that up. how can points difference be used to decide places when one team didnt play a fixture meaning we lose out on potential points difference?

Granted we might not of beaten them in the first place but points difference is now irrelevant in this case.

imtommygunn

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on September 17, 2020, 12:22:27 PM
Can we move off the topic of referees? I think its unfair on those who put their hand up to do it.

We have loads of potentially great games coming up this weekend, Junior semi, Senior reserve final, IFC final, minor final, senior final and other fixtures. Could be some terrific games. Weather looks to be playing along too. Thats what its about surely

Here here.

I think Cargin will have too much for Creggan and will win by 3 or 4 but Creggan are much more offensive now so hopefully it should be a good game.

Intermediate I will pick Moneyglass but wouldn't be surprised either way. Depends on Dunly's celebrations.

Junior I think is the semi final of pearses and antrim? Antrim to win that one by 3 or 4 poonts.

Cargin look very strong in the minors so I expect them to come through.

paddyjohn

I'm going for

Cargin
Dunloy
Head says Ardoyne but heart wants Pearses!
Cargin

imtommygunn

The poor Pearses chairman I follow on twitter as for some reason he came up in my timeline once :(

is it not antrim against pearses?

Calm Down

Choices are:

MFC: Cargin- think they have the edge over Brides
IFC: Moneyglass- Looking on Twitter I think the Dunloy celebrations will mean this game comes one week too early for them
SFC: Draw- So hard to call but if there is a winner on the day then I think the boost of the overturned suspensions can drive Erin's Own on

Calm Down

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 17, 2020, 03:47:18 PM
The poor Pearses chairman I follow on twitter as for some reason he came up in my timeline once :(

Is that yer man Michael O'Neill?

imtommygunn

paddyjohn

Quote from: Calm Down on September 17, 2020, 03:48:49 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 17, 2020, 03:47:18 PM

Is that yer man Michael O'Neill?

An absolute gent.

imtommygunn

I don't know him but reading his twitter feed would break your heart :(

I see he's not allowed out of hospital so the county twitter page said they're going to try and get him a live feed of the game. Fair play to them.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Id say sats game is going to be one game too many for some of our lads. The celebrations lasted 2 days for all the panel and 3 for a few hardy souls lol

Moneyglass will be well rested going into this game and will be rightly favourites.

Id love to see the lads win it but if truth be told no one would be too annoyed if we lost - and i don't mean that to sound disrespectful to Moneyglass but the Senior hurling title was of more importance in the club to win.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Since calm down shouted at Me I took a wee break from this but looks likE no one else did !
No problem with McCann getting off as a club player did too. Feared a county stitch up only
Good luck to
Bellaghy/Cargin and St Endas / Creggan on Sunday

Is it being streamed?

imtommygunn

Mr says yes. Must be Facebook?

bannside

Intermediate on Saturday (4pm) being streamed live as well, and posdibly (tbc) the minor game at 1pm.

ciaran1988

Sorry for any offence caused but I wasn't making any attack on any referee. I was just making a point on fitness as it had been brought up. Probably could and should have made it in a better way. The ref I was referring to had a very game in my opinion so I certainly wasn't making a dig and I know it's a thankless job which I did mention, so fair play to him and the rest.

Apologies all now let's hope we have some great football finals to enjoy this weekend