Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: theskull1 on February 17, 2011, 08:38:39 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on February 17, 2011, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: Trout on February 17, 2011, 04:18:15 PM
No matter who is in charge the country will still be full of savages like those mentioned above that raped the reporter.
Can you imagine the outrage had she been a Muslim reporter raped and beaten by Americans while chanting racial slurs  :o...Strangely quiet here though amongst the humanitarians  ::)

In no way downplaying the ordeal she went through but I thought it right that I should point out that she was not raped. 

The same girl said this

QuoteAs poor Lara Logan discovered, hyped up men in groups will egg each other on to do things most would rarely do on their own.

I've been thumped, mugged and aggressively groped in war zones. But all this could just as easily have happened at home in west London.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1357751/Lara-Logan-ordeal-Female-war-correspondent-exposes-life-line.html#ixzz1EFaaXhfg

Does anyone remember Robert Hamill or David Howes and Derek Wood for that matter? We haven't exactly got a brilliant record in this country at controlling mobs do we?

That report was written by a different reporter about her personal experiences
In war zones, not those of Lara Logan.
It's being reported as rape here!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

theskull1

My mistake...apologies

For the record, can someone clarify if she was raped?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 17, 2011, 08:47:46 PM
No matter who is in charge the country will still be full of savages like those mentioned above that raped the reporter.

You should have left this thread locked Dixie, what's the point trying to debate or inform people like Trout?
Aye lock it. TO is no better or worse than the rest of you. He has an opinion you don't agree with and can't stand the fact that you can't brownbest him with your liberal opinions. Not one of you f**kers is going to change the middle east so get over yourselves.

Arthur_Friend

Why lock a thread just because people have differing opinions? Isn't that the point of a discussion board?

Tony Baloney

There is no discussion invovled. Repeating the same circular arguments ad nauseum is futile.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 18, 2011, 01:08:33 AM
There is no discussion invovled. Repeating the same circular arguments ad nauseum is futile.

Ah but seeing Dixey in competition with Paddy Bradley in the coming out of retirement stakes
makes it almost worth while   ;D
He'd be simply lost without the attention so I'm guessing we'll have to continue to put up with it here  :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 17, 2011, 10:29:57 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 17, 2011, 08:47:46 PM

You should have left this thread locked Dixie, what's the point trying to debate or inform people like Trout?
Aye lock it. TO is no better or worse than the rest of you. He has an opinion you don't agree with and can't stand the fact that you can't brownbest him with your liberal opinions. Not one of you f**kers is going to change the middle east so get over yourselves.

You are entitled to that opinion but for it me it is totally defeatist. There is a thread on here somewhere charting Dixie first trip to Gaza. I met him then and gave him a small amount of clothing to bring. He had a van full to the rafters with stuff donated by the people on the streets of Dungannon and further afield. That thread showed pictures of kids with GAA jerseys playing ball in Gaza, medical supplies being delivered. If you don't believe that makes a difference then fair enough. Also, hearing the real life experiences of people in that region or reading articles posted here by informed journalists is also making a difference imo.

TO - I'm sure you will be sorry to hear this and will probably follow up with another attempt to insult me but I won't be replying directly to you anymore. I am all for debate but you are just firing up stuff on here that is nonsense with nothing to back it up. Trout is a troll looking for the rise so likewise to him. Now, go and do your best to insult me...

tommysmith

lawnseed

HOLD ON LADS! I PM'D DIXIE TO ASK HIM TO RE-OPEN THIS THREAD.

FIRSTLY. THIS IS A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION! NOT PERSONAL ABUSE!

SECONDLY. IT IS CLEAR THAT THERE IS SIZEMIC CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE REGION WE NEED TO 'DISCUSS' WHAT WE SEE AND WEIGH UP HOW IT WILL AFFECT US.

THIRDLY. DIXIES OPINIONS ARE OF EQUAL VALUE TO EVERYONE ELSES. MOST OF US ARE FIXATED ON THE IRISH ELECTION SO ITS GOOD THAT SOMEONE IS KEEPING US INFORMED ON IMPORTANT WORLD AFFAIRS

FINALLY. WE ENJOY THE BANTER/CRAIC ON THIS BOARD, ITS CHALLANGING AND AT THE SAME TIME ITS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO HAVE YOUR SAY AND SEE WHAT OTHERS THINK. BUT WHERE ARE WE GOING WHEN A BOARD MEMBER HAS TO LOCK A THREAD BECAUSE HES SICKENED BY THE WAY HIS SUBJECT HAS DETERIATED INTO A SLAGGING MATCH.

PLEASE STOP! ITS THIS TYPE OF ABUSE THAT DRIVES GOOD LADS OFF THE BOARD
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Groucho

Agree, it would be very dull around here without Dixie and TO.
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

Banana Man

Quote from: lawnseed on February 18, 2011, 09:55:53 AM
HOLD ON LADS! I PM'D DIXIE TO ASK HIM TO RE-OPEN THIS THREAD.

FIRSTLY. THIS IS A FORUM FOR DISCUSSION! NOT PERSONAL ABUSE!

SECONDLY. IT IS CLEAR THAT THERE IS SIZEMIC CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE REGION WE NEED TO 'DISCUSS' WHAT WE SEE AND WEIGH UP HOW IT WILL AFFECT US.

THIRDLY. DIXIES OPINIONS ARE OF EQUAL VALUE TO EVERYONE ELSES. MOST OF US ARE FIXATED ON THE IRISH ELECTION SO ITS GOOD THAT SOMEONE IS KEEPING US INFORMED ON IMPORTANT WORLD AFFAIRS

FINALLY. WE ENJOY THE BANTER/CRAIC ON THIS BOARD, ITS CHALLANGING AND AT THE SAME TIME ITS GOOD TO BE ABLE TO HAVE YOUR SAY AND SEE WHAT OTHERS THINK. BUT WHERE ARE WE GOING WHEN A BOARD MEMBER HAS TO LOCK A THREAD BECAUSE HES SICKENED BY THE WAY HIS SUBJECT HAS DETERIATED INTO A SLAGGING MATCH.

PLEASE STOP! ITS THIS TYPE OF ABUSE THAT DRIVES GOOD LADS OFF THE BOARD

+1

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on February 17, 2011, 09:59:03 PM
My mistake...apologies

NY post are reporting that it wasn't rape, but I don't know what the dividing line between serious sexual assault and rape is, can't be good irrespective.

Terrible thing to happen to anyone.

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on February 18, 2011, 10:28:48 AM
NY post are reporting that it wasn't rape, but I don't know what the dividing line between serious sexual assault and rape is, can't be good irrespective.

And I agree but just in the same way someone getting punched a few times by a few drunks or a group of yobs jumping up and down on his head are both seen as a serious physical assault. There is a vast variance in the shades of grey (rather than this dividing line) which can hide the truth to a certain degree (not taking away the trauma for the person concerned)

Have no clue where Tony is coming from. He wouldn't say much if he took that attitude to the alot of what he (or anyone else) does in life

mylestheslasher

Quote from: johnneycool on February 18, 2011, 10:28:48 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 17, 2011, 09:59:03 PM
My mistake...apologies

Most media say she was not raped but rather sexually assaulted, in any case it was clearly is a terrible attack and the people responsible should be caught and put in jail. Rapists and sexual assault perpetrators are the lowest form of scum in my opinion no matter what nationality, creed or colour they might be.

theskull1

Again no disagreement Myles

I suppose I got a little off track responding to Trout. My main point on my original post was that we have scum on our doorstep, yet in this case he labels Egypt as being a country full of savages on the back of of this story.

Lets move on