Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2011, 10:41:37 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2011, 09:55:16 PM

Is seafoid called John? I didn't know that.
Could simply be another example that ye only see what ye want to see..............

Hardstation

He was calling give her dixie an antisemite but GHD has heard it all and far worse.
Israel is in the darkness where violence is the only form of acceptable communication.   It has no future unless it changes direction.
Israel is a deeply disturbed society that never dealt with the Holocaust and is taking it out on the Palestinians.   And the Arabs don't accept this. Israel is a European problem that was dumped on the Arabs.
[/quote]I don't speak Arabic but in my opinion you post from "He" until the final full stop is horseshit.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 12, 2011, 09:19:29 PM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on February 12, 2011, 10:02:17 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 12, 2011, 04:24:07 AM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on February 11, 2011, 07:15:13 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 11, 2011, 07:11:45 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on February 11, 2011, 06:58:07 PM
Stew, take a look at the recent revelations exposed by Wikileaks that show Abbas and the PA offered practically everything to Israel, and they rejected them.

Israel want the land, end of story. It's the Zionist plan. Plus Stew, ctritism of Israel is not critism of Jews.
Don't confuse the 2 please.

You are not fooling anyone.

Why don't you believe what he is saying? What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldnt class him as an outright anti-semite, however if looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....I would say its a duck.

Ok then, could you please define the difference between an outright anti-semite and a whatever type of anti-semite you class him to be? Then could you provide evidence of looking, walking and quacking like this type of anti-semite? Thanks.

heres one example...you dont have to be a rocket scientist to guess the true leanings of someone who sees fit to post images like this

Please explain to me how that cartoon is anti-semetic. And you also ignored my other question....could you please explain the different classes of anti-semite that exist in your version of reality? Thanks.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2011, 10:50:30 PM
I know what he was doing. I just thought it was ironic that he used the sentence "you only see what you want to see" in a post while attributing a previous post to a completely different person.
Most of my post is fucked up cos he ballsed up his quote above. I was just saying his post was shit. You too drunk to notice?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2011, 11:05:20 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2011, 10:58:04 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 12, 2011, 10:50:30 PM
I know what he was doing. I just thought it was ironic that he used the sentence "you only see what you want to see" in a post while attributing a previous post to a completely different person.
Most of my post is fucked up cos he ballsed up his quote above. I was just saying his post was shit. You too drunk to notice?
I wasn't replying to you, ya balloon. He addressed me in his "fcuked up" post.
Too drunk to notice.

give her dixie

So, that's the best you could come up with Mike? You must be living under a rock if you havn't heard the war drums been beaten for an attack on Iran! Israel is doing all in their power to get the US to back them in an attack. US politicians are falling over themselves in their support for an attack. At the CPAC conference going on, sure Newt Gringrich came out in his support for an immediate attack on Iran. Israel have been using the holocaust card in their reasons for an attack.

When you say that the middle east is none of our business, then should that logic be applied to the US who supply Israel with $3 billion plus every year? Is that funding not one of the root causes of problems in the region?

Just this week in Gaza, US supplied F16's launched 7 air strikes, injuring 10 people, destroying numerous buildings, and they had no problem dropping 2 shells on the 3rd largest medical supplies store, totally destroying the building and contents. Nice work eh? Considering that the US and Israel have a 4 year siege on Gaza, the supplies destroyed will be extremely difficult to replace. But then again, they had no problem destroying the UN buildings that housed the food supply for over 1 million people during Cast Lead.

Today, they shot the 200th person in the past year who had been collecting gravel. Due to the siege, no building materials are allowed in. So, the locals have taken to collecting rubble in the areas that were destroyed 2 years ago. Several have been killed, and the vast majority of the people are shot in their ankles. Sort of target practice.

Today, in Algeria, thousands took to the street in their quest for democratic change. Algeria took a leaf out of Mubaraks book and shut down facebook and the internet. It backfired on Mubarak, and it will no doubt backfire on Algeria. Sure hasn't Joe Biden even called for an internet "Kill Switch"? in the US.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2011, 10:03:46 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 12, 2011, 09:23:42 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 12, 2011, 10:24:09 AM
Stew, take a look at the recent revelations exposed by Wikileaks that show Abbas and the PA offered practically everything to Israel, and they rejected them.

Israel want the land, end of story. It's the Zionist plan. Plus Stew, ctritism of Israel is not critism of Jews.

Why don't you believe what he is saying? What evidence do you have to the contrary?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldnt class him as an outright anti-semite, however if looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....I would say its a duck.

Well I'm not sure what type of idiot to class you as. Could you point out one instance on this thread where anyone has said something anti semitic (ie anti Jewish as opposed to anti Israel) go on, just one? Its the usual Israeli defence you are adopting - anyone who says anything bad about Israel should be slurred as being sectarian.

and I know exactly what class of idiot you are. Stalin would have called you a "useful idiot". You and your ilk are just mouthpieces for one side or the other. The middle east is none of your businees so stop taking sides. The place is a mess because of people like you interfering.

Its a simple question even for a brainless Kerry muppet like you. You accuse Dixie of sectarianism - please point out an example or are you just full of shit?

you got your example you stupid Cavan ****. Cartoons about the holocaust are about as offensive as you can get.

Yourself, Authurs friend,GHD and seafoid have had your own cosy little echo chamber of anti US and Israel bile going on here for far too long. You are hypocrites of the highest order. Preaching at us about US interference while  all the while licking the arse of this GHD character as he pursues his own political agenda and interfering in other countries affairs.

Its quite simple. The US, Russia, the UK have no business influencing middle east affairs but neither do "useful idiots" like you. Basically practice what you preach and butt out.

give her dixie

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 13, 2011, 03:37:27 AM

Well I'm not sure what type of idiot to class you as. Could you point out one instance on this thread where anyone has said something anti semitic (ie anti Jewish as opposed to anti Israel) go on, just one? Its the usual Israeli defence you are adopting - anyone who says anything bad about Israel should be slurred as being sectarian.

and I know exactly what class of idiot you are. Stalin would have called you a "useful idiot". You and your ilk are just mouthpieces for one side or the other. The middle east is none of your businees so stop taking sides. The place is a mess because of people like you interfering.

Its a simple question even for a brainless Kerry muppet like you. You accuse Dixie of sectarianism - please point out an example or are you just full of shit?

you got your example you stupid Cavan ****. Cartoons about the holocaust are about as offensive as you can get.

Yourself, Authurs friend,GHD and seafoid have had your own cosy little echo chamber of anti US and Israel bile going on here for far too long. You are hypocrites of the highest order. Preaching at us about US interference while  all the while licking the arse of this GHD character as he pursues his own political agenda and interfering in other countries affairs.

Its quite simple. The US, Russia, the UK have no business influencing middle east affairs but neither do "useful idiots" like you. Basically practice what you preach and butt out.

So Mike, going by your logic, if people were to stay out of other countries affairs, then the Turks shouldn't have sent 5 boats full of aid to Ireland during the famine? The Choctaws shouldn't have sent us $710 in the same period? Plus, the US shouldn't have invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, or send weapons of mass destruction to Israel?

And when Israel destroys medical supplies in Gaza with US supplied weapons, people shouldn't get off their ass and bring them more, considering that the US supports an inhumane siege that doesn't allow said medical supplies to enter the besieged strip?

Is this your logic Mike? Is this the kind of human you really are?

Arthur_Friend

What an abusive post...you seem like a very angry man. Your argument is perhaps one of the most moronic I have read on this discussion board and that is quite an achievement.

The fact is that the UK, USA et al ARE interfering in Middle Eastern affairs and while they are I will have an opinion on it, thank you very much. Following your logic, expressing an opinion against the Iraq War would somehow be interfering in Middle Eastern affairs  ::)

As for GHD, I don't know him and I don't agree with everything he says, I merely ask people like yourself and Tyrones Own to back up some of the assertions that you make when you attack him, e.g. Anti-Semite, wants destruction of Israel, anti everything western etc etc.

theskull1

I'll give such a dimwitted response a by ball for now and assume the time of Mikeys posting gives a clue to the state he was in....i.e. full of the crater

I'd say he'll be editing that post when he rises from the pillow

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on February 13, 2011, 10:48:30 AM

What an abusive post...you seem like a very angry man. Your argument is perhaps one of the most moronic I have read on this discussion board and that is quite an achievement.

The fact is that the UK, USA et al ARE interfering in Middle Eastern affairs and while they are I will have an opinion on it, thank you very much. Following your logic, expressing an opinion against the Iraq War would somehow be interfering in Middle Eastern affairs  ::)

As for GHD, I don't know him and I don't agree with everything he says, I merely ask people like yourself and Tyrones Own to back up some of the assertions that you make when you attack him, e.g. Anti-Semite, wants destruction of Israel, anti everything western etc etc.

Who cares what abuse a drunken Gombeen comes up with at 3am in the morning when I'm long in bed. The point is he makes scurrilous claims about Dixie and others on here and hasn't one bit of evidence to back it up. Not the first time he's been caught talking shite on this board either. No peep out of him today yet, maybe he has put on his regulation Kerry peak cap and is gone out canvasing for Healy-Rae.

Mike Sheehy

GHD is the kind of useful idiot posturing and sticking his nose in others affairs. He absolutely no right tio get involved if his main intent is to politicize the situtation which by the flood of postings on here is exactly what he is at. He is nothing but a stooge for extremists.

you are a despicable bunch. crawling up each others arses with your self satisfied rantings against the US and Israel..and you are the chief arse crawler Mylestheslasher. A reprehensible Cavan fool of the highest order.

stew

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 13, 2011, 05:08:45 PM
GHD is the kind of useful idiot posturing and sticking his nose in others affairs. He absolutely no right tio get involved if his main intent is to politicize the situtation which by the flood of postings on here is exactly what he is at. He is nothing but a stooge for extremists.

you are a despicable bunch. crawling up each others arses with your self satisfied rantings against the US and Israel..and you are the chief arse crawler Mylestheslasher. A reprehensible Cavan fool of the highest order.

so thats a no then to chaning your previous posts??? :D

They do tend to crawl up each others arses dont they, like lemmings the lot of them.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

give her dixie

Mike, when you say "The middle east is none of your businees so stop taking sides", surely your logic should also apply to Turkey when they got involved in Irish business 160 years ago? Were they wrong to take sides?Have a read Mike of this story of generosity from Turkey to Ireland. I'm sure a lot of people at the time were glad Turkey took a side........

The Treaty of Lausanne, signed in 1923 between the allied powers and the Turks in the aftermath of World War I, still prevails on the Turkish agenda. While on the one hand, some celebrate this treaty, arguing that it marks Turkish independence from the invading powers, others are critical about it as so much was given away, like Cyprus, the Aegean islands, Mosul, etc.

Yahya Kemal Beyatl (1884-1958), a famous Turkish poet and a former ambassador, had an interesting memory from the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne, in which he participated as a reporter. He recounts that while all the plenipotentiaries of the allied powers (The British Empire, France, Italy, Japan, Greece, Romania, and the Serb- Croat-Slovene State) voted in unison in opposition to Turkey, the representative from Ireland was an exception; in each vote, he raised his hand in favor of Turkey's interests.

Beyatl noticed this unusual person, and could not help asking him the reason. "I am obliged to do it. Not only I, but are all Irish men and women," said the Irish representative. "When we suffered from famine and disease, your Ottoman ancestors shipped loads of food and monetary donations. We have never forgotten the friendly hand extended to us in our difficult times. Your nation deserves to be supported on every occasion."

Ireland was ridden with famine and disease between 1845 and 1849. Also known as the Great Hunger, this famine had lasting effects: at least one million people died due to famine-related diseases and more than one million Irish fled, mainly to the United States, England, Canada, and Australia.

Ottoman Sultan Abdülmecid sent five ships full of food supplies and funds as charity. However, the British administration did not give permission for these ships to enter the ports of Belfast or Dublin. Taner Baytok, former Turkish ambassador to Ireland, recounts in his memoirs that these ships secretly discharged their load in Drogheda, a town approximately 70 miles north of Dublin.

On May 2, 1995, commemorating this charity, the mayor of Drogheda, Alderman Frank Goddfrey, paid honor to Baytok and erected a plaque in the Westcourt Hotel, which was then the City Hall where Turkish seamen stayed. Baytok says he first learned of this act of charity from an article by Thomas P. O'Neill published in The Threshold magazine in 1957. To this day, the Drogheda United football club remembers this generous act by displaying the star and cresent moon on their jerseys.

The Otoman sultan declared that he would donate £10,000, but on the orders of Queen Victoria, the British Ambassador in Istanbul informed the Sultan that he should reduce this amount, for the Queen's donation was only £2,000. As noted in the letter of gratitude from the "noblemen, gentlemen, and inhabitants of Ireland," the amount donated by Ottoman Sultan Abdülmecid was reduced by the Queen to one thousand pounds.

Ottoman efforts to provide food and lessen the pains of the Irish people, despite political obstacles and the long distance, certainly deserves to be appreciated. It is a case study that should be analyzed carefully, not only as historical evidence for the friendship between two nations, but also as a perfect example that differences of race, religion, or language should not prevent humanitarian aid.

This generous charity from a Muslim sultan to a Christian nation is also important, particularly in our time when Muslims are often unfairly accused of human rights violations. Likewise, the appreciative plaque and overall reaction of the Irish society in return for this charity deserves to be applauded. We hope that the Turkish-Irish friendship sets a model for peace among different nations.

On a recent trip to Turkey, President of Ireland, Mary McAleese expressed gratitude to the Turkish people for the humanitarian aid provided by the Islamic Khilafah to Ireland during the Great Famine, 160 years ago.

The Turkish newspaper, "Ikinci Vatan", reported that President McAleese on her official visit to Turkey made the statement during her meeting with Turkish president Abdullah Gul and expressed the words of gratitude from the people of Ireland for humanitarian aid provided by Ottoman Caliphate.

Mike Sheehy

absolutely no change. These fools like to try and intimidate those who dont subscribe to their skewed, biased views.

They seem to forget that etremists on both sides feed off the interference of foreigners, both the Israelis as well Palestinian extremists . They (GDH, Mylestheslasher etc) see themselves as being on the "right" side so its somehow ok for them to interfere. Well the the problem with extremists is that, you know, they kill people who don't agree with them and I see a direct link between the propaganda that fuels a hatred  of one side or another  that the likes of GDH spew on here and what is going on in the middle east. That is what makes me so angry about this. Its the hypocisy of critizing the US for interfering and then butting in youself (and, as I said, I fully agree that the US should not interfere...or the Russians, or the British)

Bottom line is practice what you preach. Stop interfering in Middle eastern affairs and stirring up hatred of one side or the other.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: give her dixie on February 13, 2011, 05:21:07 PM
Mike, when you say "The middle east is none of your businees so stop taking sides", surely your logic should also apply to Turkey when they got involved in Irish business 160 years ago? Were they wrong to take sides?Have a read Mike of this story of generosity from Turkey to Ireland. I'm sure a lot of people at the time were glad Turkey took a side........

The Treaty of Lausanne, signed in 1923 between the allied powers and the Turks in the aftermath of World War I, still prevails on the Turkish agenda. While on the one hand, some celebrate this treaty, arguing that it marks Turkish independence from the invading powers, others are critical about it as so much was given away, like Cyprus, the Aegean islands, Mosul, etc.

Yahya Kemal Beyatl (1884-1958), a famous Turkish poet and a former ambassador, had an interesting memory from the signing of the Treaty of Lausanne, in which he participated as a reporter. He recounts that while all the plenipotentiaries of the allied powers (The British Empire, France, Italy, Japan, Greece, Romania, and the Serb- Croat-Slovene State) voted in unison in opposition to Turkey, the representative from Ireland was an exception; in each vote, he raised his hand in favor of Turkey's interests.

Beyatl noticed this unusual person, and could not help asking him the reason. "I am obliged to do it. Not only I, but are all Irish men and women," said the Irish representative. "When we suffered from famine and disease, your Ottoman ancestors shipped loads of food and monetary donations. We have never forgotten the friendly hand extended to us in our difficult times. Your nation deserves to be supported on every occasion."

Ireland was ridden with famine and disease between 1845 and 1849. Also known as the Great Hunger, this famine had lasting effects: at least one million people died due to famine-related diseases and more than one million Irish fled, mainly to the United States, England, Canada, and Australia.

Ottoman Sultan Abdülmecid sent five ships full of food supplies and funds as charity. However, the British administration did not give permission for these ships to enter the ports of Belfast or Dublin. Taner Baytok, former Turkish ambassador to Ireland, recounts in his memoirs that these ships secretly discharged their load in Drogheda, a town approximately 70 miles north of Dublin.

On May 2, 1995, commemorating this charity, the mayor of Drogheda, Alderman Frank Goddfrey, paid honor to Baytok and erected a plaque in the Westcourt Hotel, which was then the City Hall where Turkish seamen stayed. Baytok says he first learned of this act of charity from an article by Thomas P. O'Neill published in The Threshold magazine in 1957. To this day, the Drogheda United football club remembers this generous act by displaying the star and cresent moon on their jerseys.

The Otoman sultan declared that he would donate £10,000, but on the orders of Queen Victoria, the British Ambassador in Istanbul informed the Sultan that he should reduce this amount, for the Queen's donation was only £2,000. As noted in the letter of gratitude from the "noblemen, gentlemen, and inhabitants of Ireland," the amount donated by Ottoman Sultan Abdülmecid was reduced by the Queen to one thousand pounds.

Ottoman efforts to provide food and lessen the pains of the Irish people, despite political obstacles and the long distance, certainly deserves to be appreciated. It is a case study that should be analyzed carefully, not only as historical evidence for the friendship between two nations, but also as a perfect example that differences of race, religion, or language should not prevent humanitarian aid.

This generous charity from a Muslim sultan to a Christian nation is also important, particularly in our time when Muslims are often unfairly accused of human rights violations. Likewise, the appreciative plaque and overall reaction of the Irish society in return for this charity deserves to be applauded. We hope that the Turkish-Irish friendship sets a model for peace among different nations.

On a recent trip to Turkey, President of Ireland, Mary McAleese expressed gratitude to the Turkish people for the humanitarian aid provided by the Islamic Khilafah to Ireland during the Great Famine, 160 years ago.

The Turkish newspaper, "Ikinci Vatan", reported that President McAleese on her official visit to Turkey made the statement during her meeting with Turkish president Abdullah Gul and expressed the words of gratitude from the people of Ireland for humanitarian aid provided by Ottoman Caliphate.

Nothing wrong with humanitarian aid as long as it doesn't some with a political agenda. Also, I am surprised you are citing the the ottoman turks  as a paragon of virtue given the Ottoman empires role as occupier of the middle east.