Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 31, 2011, 05:41:40 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 31, 2011, 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 31, 2011, 12:01:07 PM
The prof from Suez Canal uni who was on prime Time last week was superb. Unfortunately they cut him off because of time but he had his fingers on the pulse of why this intifada is happening.

9 million young women can't get married because 9 million young men can't afford to support a family because they have not enough in earnings to put food on the table and a roof overhead.

This is a disaster for Israel. Where is Tyrones own with his know nothing neocon analysis when the whole philosophy is being walked into the ground by the brave people of Egypt?

Probably checking his kindergarden globe to see where Egypt is.

My fear for Egypt is that some extremists try to hi jack the rising which can often happen. However, so far it seems to be a popular rising across the whole communities so hopefully it will stay that way and this dictator will scurry of to exile in the US asap.
:D Sure maybe when you graduate to that level you'll know how it's spelt

I'd comment if I could get you boys to make up your minds... Comma requiredall of a sudden brutal
dictators have become a bad thing ::) No full stopSure for a long time now ye were all verb missingabout themcomma required
defending them at every turn.
Everyone bar you're your little band of Soldiers here can see right through you John...comma required any argument is a good argument as long as it can be turned in to a kicking match at the US/Israel comma or full stop requiredoh and also lets not forget, to deflect attention away from the news last week of your much admired Hamas and their being in bed with Israel Would take to long to correct this :-[  Oops...

No doubt I make the odd spelling mistake on here but you make the cardinal sin of being critical of someones spelling while being totally incoherant yourself. I've corrected your last post for you. D minus for spelling and that after an edit of your post too!

Unfortunately and more importantly your points are all bullshit. Who was defending dictators on here - maybe you could give an example? Hamas are in bed with Israel - please explain? Would that not make Israel terrorists in your eyes for being in bed with other terrorists? Are you in favour of Egyptians forming a democracy, you forgot to say in your last post? Bar none, you are the biggest fool on this forum.

seafoid

The prof from Suez Canal uni who was on prime Time last week was superb. Unfortunately they cut him off because of time but he had his fingers on the pulse of why this intifada is happening.

9 million young women can't get married because 9 million young men can't afford to support a family because they have not enough in earnings to put food on the table and a roof overhead.

This is a disaster for Israel. Where is Tyrones own with his know nothing neocon analysis when the whole philosophy is being walked into the ground by the brave people of Egypt?

My fear for Egypt is that some extremists try to hi jack the rising which can often happen. However, so far it seems to be a popular rising across the whole communities so hopefully it will stay that way and this dictator will scurry of to exile in the US asap.

I'd comment if I could get you boys to make up your minds...all of a sudden brutal
dictators have become a bad thing ::) Sure for a long time now ye were all about them
Everyone bar you're little band of Soldiers here can see right through you John... any argument is a good argument as long as it can be turned in to a kicking match at the US/Israel oh and also lets not forget, to deflect attention away from the news last week of your much admired Hamas and their being in bed with Israel  :-[  Oops...

There you are. Israel is down to one ally in the Middle East. That is pure carelessness.
But never mind. It is all in the plan I'm sure.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

Quote from: Groucho on January 31, 2011, 08:32:08 PM
Might be a bit dated...but here's a few of Uncle Sam's "friends".....................

http://tfclub.tripod.com/list.html

Nothing changes :o

What a charming list of friends Uncle Sam has had, and continues to have. (but not for long).........
And people living in the US wonder why people who have been oppressed by these dictators
hates the US?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=11014.150

Worthwhile having a read of this page, regarding my 1st experience in Egypt 2 years ago,
and how much of a police state it.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 31, 2011, 08:33:31 PM

I'd comment if I could get you boys to make up your minds... Comma requiredall of a sudden brutal
dictators have become a bad thing ::) No full stopSure for a long time now ye were all verb missingabout themcomma required
Everyone bar you're your little band of Soldiers here can see right through you John...comma required any argument is a good argument as long as it can be turned in to a kicking match at the US/Israel comma or full stop requiredoh and also lets not forget, to deflect attention away from the news last week of your much admired Hamas and their being in bed with Israel Would take to long to correct this :-[  Oops...

No doubt I make the odd spelling mistake on here but you make the cardinal sin of being critical of someones spelling while being totally incoherant yourself. I've corrected your last post for you. D minus for spelling and that after an edit of your post too!

Unfortunately and more importantly your points are all bullshit. Who was defending dictators on here - maybe you could give an example? Hamas are in bed with Israel - please explain? Would that not make Israel terrorists in your eyes for being in bed with other terrorists? Are you in favour of Egyptians forming a democracy, you forgot to say in your last post? Bar none, you are the biggest fool on this forum.

As my granny used to say, "never argue with a fool as they will beat you with experience"

give her dixie

Mike Huckabee doing his bit for peace in Palestine, and the middle east today.........

Likely US Republican presidential candidate attends cornerstone-laying ceremony in occupied east Jerusalem, tells MKs 'I don't see why bedrooms for their children built by Jews on hilltop in Samaria pose threat to world peace'; calls lack of construction in settlements 'irrational'

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4021904,00.html

give her dixie

Today will see the biggest day so far in the revolution that is sweeping Egypt. Over 1 million people rom all faiths, colours, creeds and walks of life are destined to gather in Cairo and march towards the presidential palace calling for the end of Mubaraks reign.

The internet has been cut off, mobile phone companies have shut down the networks, Al Jazeera have been
banned, and landlines look set to be cut off. However, the people are resourseful, and they will find a way of getting information out.

Al Jazeera will be broadcasting live, undercover at:  http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ and they have made all their footage available for free for any network to use. Lets hope that the mainstream media will pick up on their footage, but I doubt it....... Due to the fact that no network in the US will broadcast Al Jazeera, their live streaming via the internet has seen a 3000% increase in th epast 24 hours in the US.

Today will be breaking point for the people of Egypt, and all through the night, thousands of people have been gathering in order for their voice to be heard, and count.

The army have issued a statement that they will not open fire on the people, and have so far, come out on their side. Time will tell if this is true.

In Gaza, Hamas have closed down the Rafah crossing after the Egyptians abandoned their posts, and are watching things closely. They fear that Israel will invade and take over the border post, and impose harsh restrictions, along with bloodshed.

At this stage, the people have spoken, and nothing is going to stop them until Mubarak is gone, and free and democratic elections are held. The people deserve to elect the people they wish to lead them, not who the west want.

Anyhow, lets hope everything passes off peacefully, without further loss of life. Enough people have died at the hands of Mubarak in the past week.

Click on the following link to read Robert Fisk's latest article:  Mohamed ElBaradei: The man who would be President

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/mohamed-elbaradei-the-man-who-would-be-president-2200155.html

seafoid

US ambassador to Egypt, Margaret Scobey
Jaysus

give her dixie

Pro Mubarak supporters have now desended on Tahrir Square, and violent clashes have erupted.
The police and army have dissapeared, and it is getting ugly.

Click on the following link for live reporting from Al Jazeera

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

give her dixie

The scenes in the past few hours have been horrific. Pro Mubarak supporters, who are plain clothes policemen, have been paid to attack the peaceful protesters. They have surrounded everyone in Tahrir Square, and have attacked them with rocks, knives, clubs, swords, and now live gunfire. This is extremely serious, as the people are hemmed in on all sides, and there isn't a soldier or policeman in sight. They have nowhere to escape this visious assult.

Mubarak has just announced that he has no intention of listening to international calls to stand down, and the puppet now seems to have stuck his 2 fingers up to his paymasters.

The blood of the innocent Egyptians is not only on his hands, but on the hands of the US. The world is watching, and taking note. The tsunami of revenge will be brutal, and unfortunatly expected.

clareman

Is there a lot more support for Mubarak than we were led to believe over the last few days? The news reports seem to indicate thousands of supporters on both sides....

give her dixie

Quote from: clareman on February 02, 2011, 04:24:44 PM
Is there a lot more support for Mubarak than we were led to believe over the last few days? The news reports seem to indicate thousands of supporters on both sides....

Over the past few days thousands of criminals have been let out of jail, given weapons, and sent out on the streets to loot, cause trouble, and today, attack those in the square.

Today, thousands of policemen, secret police, and thugs were paid between 5 and 10 pounds to go to the square and attack the people who have been there for days peacefully protesting.

Over 50 thugs captured today have been found to be carrying police ID cards, and have been handed over to the army.

No doubt there are many who still support Mubarak, but it is surprising that for 1 week now, they have been completly silent, until this afternoon.

This is Mubaraks last roll of the dice, considering his paymaster Obomber told him last night to stand down.

Remember Dictators don't dictate, they take orders. It now looks like Mubarak has refused an order for the 1st time in 30 years. Will be interesting to see what the US do now. Considering that practically every US politician had plenty to say 2 years ago during elections in Iran, their silence over the past week has been noted, along with all the US cheerleaders who frequent the GAA board.....

seafoid

The people won't forget Israel's support for Mubarak  this week.

seafoid

Netanyahu said that Israel expects any new government in Egypt to respect the peace treaty with Israel, and warned that Iran wants Egypt to turn into Gaza.

What a tosspot. Israel turned Gaza into Gaza. a refuse dump for unwanted non Jews who are forced to live on international food aid. I hope it never happens to Israel's Jews. 

puskas

Seafoid, I think the people's anger will be directed at the US more than Israel for Obama's reluctance to publically condemn Mubarek and support an uprising for democracy. Anti-Israel sentiment has been very conspicuous by its absence during the protests 

By the way, Tony Blair's contribution on CNN, "Mubarak is immensely courageous and a force for good" was truly nauseating.

Puckoon

I watched Mohamed ElBaradei on Anderson Cooper on CNN last night. http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/?hpt=tv I thought he spoke very well, as did a few other Egyptian big wigs based in the US.

I have to say John you are beginning to sound more and more like the fundamentalists running around issuing reckless statements such as "They (the USA) will pay for this attack on humanity", and "The tsunami of revenge will be brutal, and unfortunatly expected". Revenge, John? More acts like 9/11? Is that what you are calling for? Are you into that sort of thing, or are you not an ambassador for the oppressed, and an ambassador for peace? Is revenge what is in your heart when you're filling vans up at Curelys in dungannon to help the needy of Palestine? If it is, the perception of you being a great man of the oppressed people who gets off his ass and actually goes and helps people will quickly become useless. You've had a lot of well earned and deserved plaudits on here, and in the Irish media due to your courage and desire to help those who are in trouble. War cries like those above however should quickly serve to damage that veneer - especially if the next "revenge" attack takes the lives of a few Irish holiday makers, or more innocents in the wrong place. Which, let us not forget was a result of 9/11. I dare say there wasnt a nation, nor a people on earth not touched by murder that day.

Nothing like giving the likes of Glen Beck and his supporters on here (sweet Jesus that GB is a bonafide mentalist, war monger, somewhat paranoid (ya think), asshole) more ammunition (if you'll excuse the unfortunate pun) to ramble on about the muslim brotherhood and their global desire to change the entire system of civillization.