Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

If Israel ceased to exist tomorrow you would still hate jews. I have seen enough of your spewing on here and over on mondoweiss to know you for what you are.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 06, 2013, 06:31:58 PM
If Israel ceased to exist tomorrow you would still hate jews. I have seen enough of your spewing on here and over on mondoweiss to know you for what you are.
I was reading an article about internet trolls but I'm not sure which one you are.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/01/internet-trolls-guide-to-different-flavours

Moreover, trolls don't simply spew vile tirades of abuse. In fact, the data repeatedly shows that such obvious trolls are easier to deal with. When someone pours forth unprovoked hatred, there is really only one interpretation: they're aiming to manipulate your feelings (eg to hurt you) or even your behaviour (eg to delete your Twitter account). However, such attempts are so painfully obvious that they are easy to identify, block, and if serious enough, to prosecute.

But you aren't serious. You're just inadequate.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2013, 07:06:07 PM
I was reading an article about internet trolls but I'm not sure which one you are.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/01/internet-trolls-guide-to-different-flavours

Moreover, trolls don't simply spew vile tirades of abuse. In fact, the data repeatedly shows that such obvious trolls are easier to deal with. When someone pours forth unprovoked hatred, there is really only one interpretation: they're aiming to manipulate your feelings (eg to hurt you) or even your behaviour (eg to delete your Twitter account). However, such attempts are so painfully obvious that they are easy to identify, block, and if serious enough, to prosecute.

But you aren't serious. You're just inadequate.

You keep editing your posts...what happened ? did you accidently express an opinion without a supporting article ?

I'll bet your mind just goes blank when you lose your internet connection  ::)

seafoid

dec

http://mondoweiss.net/profile/seafoid

Total number of comments: 9507

seafoid

Here's an energetic justification of apartheid

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.541024#
For Israel, size does matter

A small truncated Israel will invite aggression – by terrorists, armed forces, and those in possession of nuclear weapons.

By Moshe Arens    |  Aug. 13, 2013 | 5:00 AM  |  23
Where are the negotiations carried out under the auspices of John Kerry going to take us? Their declared purpose is to bring about a lasting peace between Israel and the Palestinians – Fatah, Hamas, and an assorted group of Jihadists. Any realistic observer of the Middle East well knows that this is mission impossible at this time.

However one thing is for sure: If the negotiators reach an agreement it is going to make the area under Israeli control smaller, much smaller. It will return Israel to the lines that existed before Israel was attacked in the Six-Day War on June 4, 1967. In 1969 Israel's foreign minister Abba Eban referring to these lines said: "The June map is for us the equivalent of insecurity and danger. I do not exaggerate when I say that it has for us something of a memory of Auschwitz." Tzipi Livni, sent to negotiate our future by Benjamin Netanyahu, obviously does not share Eban's strategic vision.
She may have bought the nonsense that territory is unimportant in the age of missiles. Just the opposite is true. Territory is more important than before. For the small short-range missiles, which are hard to detect and destroy, bringing them closer to our population centers spells disaster. And for the large long-range missiles with large warheads, reducing the size of the target area is a mistake.
Small is precarious. Small is dangerous. Small creates the impression of weakness. Small can be bombed, invaded, and destroyed. Donald Rumsfeld, the former U.S. secretary of defense once said: "If we know anything it is that weakness is a provocation." A small truncated Israel will project weakness and provoke aggression – by terrorists, by armed forces, and by those in possession of nuclear weapons. No security arrangements or demilitarization are going to be of any use in the long run.

A good example of the strategic implications of a reduction in size is the transfer of the Sinai to Egypt as part of the Israeli-Egyptian peace treaty in 1979, which reduced the area under Israeli control by two thirds. Although in this case there was reason to believe that this concession would bring a long-lasting peace with Egypt, a belief somewhat shaken by recent events in Cairo, the full strategic implications of this drastic reduction in area under Israeli control only became apparent with the appearance of the danger of possession of nuclear weapons in the hands of Israel's enemies in recent years. Without the Sinai, Israel has been turned into a point-target in case of a nuclear attack - a provocation.
Now Tzipi Livni, under Netanyahu's direction, would like to finish the job – chop another 6,000 square kilometers from areas under Israeli control. She would turn Judea and Samaria over to parties uncertain and unpredictable, bring the rockets closer to Tel Aviv. It is a sure-fire recipe for aggression against Israel in the years to come.
How to explain this mad rush toward disaster? It is the obsession that has seized Livni, but not only her, that a binational state must be avoided at all cost. That not one more Arab should be added to the list of Arab citizens in Israel. That she has been charged with the mission of protecting the "Jewish Democratic State." That unless 6,000 square kilometers be chopped off and tens of thousands of Israelis be uprooted from their homes, "Israel will cease being a Jewish State or else cease being a democracy."
Claptrap. Better dead than a binational state, she must be thinking.

Israel is a binational state today with both Jewish and Arab citizens. Our challenge is integrating Israel's Arab citizens into Israeli society. Including additional areas of the Land of Israel in the State of Israel's borders does not present insurmountable challenges to Israel's democracy. Reducing the size of Israel will endanger Israel's future.

Here is an opposing view

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.536431

"Israel's crash into the diplomatic iceberg
A combination of arrogance, complacency and moral stupor caused Israelis to continue to dance on the deck even as their ship was cruising straight into an iceberg. The skipper didn't swerve in time. Nor did the passengers demand that he swerve in time.
By Ari Shavit | Jul. 18, 2013 | 5:16 AM |  6

I confess: Two and a half years ago, I was one of the first to warn about a diplomatic tsunami hitting our shores if we didn't come up with a bold plan that would lead to a division of the land.
But the tsunami did not occur. In the fall of 2011, the Netanyahu government was able to convince the Obama administration to pressure the international community not to cooperate with the Palestinian Authority's attempts to gain UN recognition as a state, a move aimed a generating condemnation of Israel. Consequently, the tsunami didn't hit, generating a warm and fuzzy feeling in Israel, as if everything were fine − including controlling and oppressing another people and settling every hill of our ancestral homeland.
We could forget about a diplomatic agenda, ignore Israel's existential challenge and allow the settlers to continue to rule over us. The diplomatic crisis that never happened has since served as eternal proof that we can continue to provoke the world and do with the Palestinians as we see fit. We're the best. There are no guns like our guns. We'll occupy and settle the entire land.
Today it's clear that the 20 months since the tsunami that wasn't are remarkably similar to the five months between the war that didn't break out in May 1973 and the war that took us by surprise in October of that year. In both instances, there was more than enough information available, and it was clear that the situation was not sustainable. But in both instances, an early false alarm led to the subsequent real alarm not being heard.
A combination of arrogance, complacency and moral stupor caused Israelis to continue to dance on the deck even as their ship was cruising straight into an iceberg. The skipper didn't swerve in time. Nor did the passengers demand that he swerve in time. Both the captain and the passengers believed that there was no iceberg that could sink their ship or interfere with the delightful feast of fools taking place on board.
Even now, the storm has yet to reach tsunami strength. The European Union's decision to distinguish between sovereign Israel and Israel the occupier won't destroy the Israeli economy in a day. The clumsy effort by Brussels to save Israel from itself won't turn Jerusalem into a pariah capital this year.
But the process has begun. We've been delivered a registered letter saying there's a contradiction between our being an OECD country and our being a country of settlements. The contrast between our belonging to the 21st-century West and our stubborn adherence to 19th-century colonial values has been put on the table. Europe has informed us that the illusion of Habayit Hayehudi chairman Naftali Bennett is indeed an illusion: Our start-up nation and high-tech economy won't last much longer if we don't divide the land.
The ongoing Israeli refusal to recognize the occupation for what it is, is liable to cause us eventually to turn ourselves into South Africa. The Zionist insistence on destroying Zionism in the West Bank will cause us to eventually redefine ourselves as Rhodesia. With our own hands, we are bringing ourselves closer to losing the justice of the Zionist cause, to losing the Zionist path and sinking the Jewish national home.
The mistake was not just mine: For 46 years, there have been farsighted Israelis warning about a disaster that has yet to come. But from warning to warning the state has grown, the economy has flourished and the right has grown stronger. With unparalleled skill, the Israeli ship has managed to navigate around the iceberg without hitting it.
But one morning, we may find that the reason we haven't crashed into the iceberg is that the iceberg is already within us. The iceberg is already inside the ship. Listen, and you'll hear the water rushing through the lower decks. Look, the water is getting closer to the upper decks. If the captains and passengers keep frolicking at their feast of fools, the rising waters will do to the ship what no tsunami could have done. "

give her dixie

This week in Egypt has seen one of the darkest times in the middle east for decades.

This short documentary isn't for the faint hearted.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Mnm9neSLc&sns=tw
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Puckoon

give her dixie

Puckoon, over last few years I have seen a lot of harrowing footage from the middle east, but to be honest,
watching that video this evening really hit me hard. Beyond the dead and injured, the pain of those living this
on going massacre is heart breaking.

As I type this I am watching Al Jazeera and the live coverage is un believable.  This is only going to get worse
in the coming days and weeks.

give her dixie

This live footage from Al Fattah Mosque in Ramses St in Cairo.

They are surrounded by the army and thugs, and they are expecting an attack very soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyXD3FVyBo

give her dixie

This is live footage right now as the mosque is been attacked by the Military.......

Watch this now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyXD3FVyBo

give her dixie

give her dixie

The siege on the mosque is still ongoing as thousands of military, thugs and a baying public hold
hundreds of people hostage.

On Al Jazeera an Irish Egyptian woman, Fatima, is giving live updates and the emotions she is going through
is unreal. Things do not look good there right now.

Fatima is one of 4 Irish people trapped in the mosque at present

http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/

give her dixie