Munster Football Championship 2020

Started by Ball Hopper, October 27, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 08, 2020, 06:37:42 PM
Kerry have to be kicking themselves, probably in the easiest Province and no quarter finals this year. Like old school getting to an AI final with only a few games. Kerry believing their own hype and not doing the bread and butter stuff. Dublin would never lose a game like that. That will do serious damage to Kerry confidence going forward.

I think it might actually spur them on to be honest, to lose a game like that when overall favourite will make them think nothing is a given. A brutal lesson
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

macdanger2

Itchy

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2020, 06:29:51 PM
Quote from: Angelo on November 08, 2020, 06:23:28 PM

Cork no 6 should have been hung, draw and quartered if they lost that there not to take the shot on but it all worked out well. kick the ball or take shots on..

Absolute cowardice from him that left them having to hope Connolly could stick one from 20 yards further out and another 20 yards towards the sideline. Absolute get out of jail free stuff from Cork but no more than Kerry deserved.

100%. As Jimmy Greaves used to say, its a funny old game. If he had taken his shot and scored it was the lottery of a penalty shoot out. His cowardice meant a tougher shot and they got a winning goal from that.

Main Street

Cork have beeen romping it at both underage levels last year, how many of those players are on the senior panel this year?

BennyCake

Quote from: Schkite on November 08, 2020, 06:19:56 PM
Jaysus that's the kind of drama we've missed at this stage for a good while. Any other year you'd still back Kerry to be in the AI semis, now they're out on their arses, and it's deserved.

Only themselves to blame, they had the chances to put it to bed earlier.

No harm to Kerry, it's a shite way to lose, but this is great to see. The championship has been missing this do or die drama for 20 years.

Time to scrap this two tier championship nonsense and this Super 8 bollix and have a proper knock out championship!

tippabu

Quote from: kerryforsam20 on November 01, 2020, 08:48:47 PM
Munster final v Tipperary.  Will be tough game. Great preparation for semi final v Mayo.

This aged well!! Time for a name change!!

From the Bunker

It's great for the game but probably leaves us with a mismatch later on in the Championship. Delighted to see the Self proclaimed saviours of the game out on their arse.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on November 08, 2020, 06:24:25 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 08, 2020, 06:21:14 PM
As with Monaghan v Cavan, I'm delighted to see that result. When a team has clearly better footballers but chooses to go full attrition, they deserve to be beaten. It's better for the game of football.

—-

On another note, David Moran in the final ET period. Kicking it as far as he could every time. It was like he took a bang to the head and woke up in the 1960s.

Team with better players won that game lad, 2 years in a row.
See Wobbler, when you try and complement Cavan, you're greeted with condescension (lad) and a contrary opinion.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Angelo on November 08, 2020, 06:23:28 PM
The stupidity and decision making there from some of those Kerry players.  :o

Cork no 6 should have been hung, draw and quartered if they lost that there not to take the shot on but it all worked out well.

He was U20 last year and this was his first championship game [either his 2nd or 3rd senior game with Cork] so I don't think he would have faced all that much criticism for not taking on the shot.

twohands!!!

Quote from: MayoBuck on November 08, 2020, 06:28:33 PM
The knives will be out for Peter Keane after that performance. Kerry probably should have won it with the sitters they missed.

His term is up next year and I'd imagine he'll have to win the All-Ireland next year to get another term.

greatpoint

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 08, 2020, 06:41:05 PM
Dublin will be happy tonight

It's 2009 since Kerry last beat Dublin in the Championship, I don't think it will make much difference to them.

twohands!!!

Quote from: tippabu on November 08, 2020, 06:44:40 PM
Quote from: kerryforsam20 on November 01, 2020, 08:48:47 PM
Munster final v Tipperary.  Will be tough game. Great preparation for semi final v Mayo.

This aged well!! Time for a name change!!

Maybe he was talking about Cork?

macdanger2

Quote from: greatpoint on November 08, 2020, 07:19:08 PM

It's 2009 since Kerry last beat Dublin in the Championship, I don't think it will make much difference to them.

Did you miss the all Ireland final last year where kerry came within a whisker of beating Dublin?

From the Bunker

It spoils the El classico final for the Dublin media! Where they can hark back to stories of the '70's again. About how Heffo made Dublin popular again and how Kerry won loads of AI's while all the rest of us.....well..... just looked on!

greatpoint

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 08, 2020, 07:23:01 PM

Did you miss the all Ireland final last year where kerry came within a whisker of beating Dublin?

The first one where Dublin played most of the game a man down? Or the second one where Kerry were soundly beaten by 6 points?