Munster Football Championship 2020

Started by Ball Hopper, October 27, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Quarter Finals:

1) Waterford v Limerick on 31 October 7pm in Dungarvan;

2) Tipperary v Clare on 1 November 1pm in Thurles.

Semi Finals:

Cork v Kerry on 8 November at 4pm in Páirc Uí Chaoimh;

Winner qf 1) v Winner qf 2) on 7 November 1:15pm venue TBD

Final:

Semi final winners on 22 November 1:30pm venue TBD

twohands!!!

Both those quarter finals have the potential to be tight enough affairs.

Limerick and Waterford both only had 1 game in the league [and Waterford barely managed that] so recent form is a bit questionable. Limerick's early season form of 6 wins in 6 seems a long time ago now.

Tipp's form in Division 3 looked a bit up-and-down compared to Clare's more solid form in Division 2, even if Clare only avoided relegation on head-to-head.

Cork will probably need a few goals to have any chance against Kerry - even though they got 3 last year they ended up losing.
Donegal 9a big part of this was surely Donegal's challenge match approach to the game) and Monaghan didn't see to create much in the way of goal chances against Kerry.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cork do a bit better at this given the amount of goals they have scored in Division 3 and I'd also have doubts about the Kerry defence if run at.
A season in Division 3 is woeful preparation for taking on Kerry.
Some risk if they don't get goals and Kerry do, I could see the possibility of an ugly enough scoreline.
Nothing more the Kerry lads would enjoy that running up the score against a Cork side if they get the chance.

Very hard to look beyond Kerry; if Cork do pull off an upset against them, they will be short odds to win Munster, although at this stage if it came down to a Cork v Clare final I have half an notion that Clare might give them a fright in the final. Close to impossible to see Cork going any further than winning Munster - whoever comes out of Connacht would surely have too much for them in an All-Ireland semi-final.

Rossfan

If there were Qualifiers Cork might have a chance as Kerry would be more focused on the closing stages.
But in a winner takes all game Kerry will be totally focused and very hard to see them slipping up.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

shark

Quote from: twohands!!! on October 28, 2020, 04:38:20 PM
Both those quarter finals have the potential to be tight enough affairs.

Limerick and Waterford both only had 1 game in the league [and Waterford barely managed that] so recent form is a bit questionable. Limerick's early season form of 6 wins in 6 seems a long time ago now.

Tipp's form in Division 3 looked a bit up-and-down compared to Clare's more solid form in Division 2, even if Clare only avoided relegation on head-to-head.

Cork will probably need a few goals to have any chance against Kerry - even though they got 3 last year they ended up losing.
Donegal 9a big part of this was surely Donegal's challenge match approach to the game) and Monaghan didn't see to create much in the way of goal chances against Kerry.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cork do a bit better at this given the amount of goals they have scored in Division 3 and I'd also have doubts about the Kerry defence if run at.
A season in Division 3 is woeful preparation for taking on Kerry.
Some risk if they don't get goals and Kerry do, I could see the possibility of an ugly enough scoreline.
Nothing more the Kerry lads would enjoy that running up the score against a Cork side if they get the chance.

Very hard to look beyond Kerry; if Cork do pull off an upset against them, they will be short odds to win Munster, although at this stage if it came down to a Cork v Clare final I have half an notion that Clare might give them a fright in the final. Close to impossible to see Cork going any further than winning Munster - whoever comes out of Connacht would surely have too much for them in an All-Ireland semi-final.

I would say it's close to impossible to see Cork getting to a Munster Final, never mind winning Munster. If they actually won Munster then they would only be very marginal underdogs in an All-Ireland semi. But they won't, surely.

larryin89

Kerry are 1/5 to beat cork . Unfortunately I am an unsuccessful gambler but if even 70%  of every 1/5 shot I ever did won I'd be a successful one . Point is Kerry are far from nailed on but most likely will .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on October 29, 2020, 06:13:58 PM
Kerry are 1/5 to beat cork . Unfortunately I am an unsuccessful gambler but if even 70%  of every 1/5 shot I ever did won I'd be a successful one . Point is Kerry are far from nailed on but most likely will .
I can see why you are not a successfull gambler, do the maths on that last statement lar. ::)

larryin89

Quote from: giveballaghback on October 29, 2020, 07:24:29 PM
I can see why you are not a successfull gambler, do the maths on that last statement lar. ::)

Lol yeah true but not true .

Example man united at 1/5 could let you down in an accumulator worth thousands , Celtic at 1/5 could also let you down for a fortune the next time and so forth , if seven out of every ten accumulators won for me where teams that were odds on it would of been boom boom boom . Be very interesting to see real stats for the likes .

But anyway Cork to win Munster .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

shark

Quote from: larryin89 on October 29, 2020, 08:18:28 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on October 29, 2020, 07:24:29 PM

Lol yeah true but not true .

Example man united at 1/5 could let you down in an accumulator worth thousands , Celtic at 1/5 could also let you down for a fortune the next time and so forth , if seven out of every ten accumulators won for me where teams that were odds on it would of been boom boom boom . Be very interesting to see real stats for the likes .

But anyway Cork to win Munster .

Studies have been done in this area. Short story - accumulators (while they can be fun) are a sure way to lose money over the long term. If you back at 1/5 then you need to win at least 9 times out of 10 to be in profit. Obviously an accumulator raises the odds, and thus the frequency in which one needs to win. But apparently the risk of one or more loser in the accumulator rises quicker than the reward for a win - thus favouring the bookie over the long run.

Cork will start well and may well be in the game after 50 mins. But Kerry will win by 5-8 points and beat Clare by a bit more in the final.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

kerryforsam20

Munster final v Tipperary.  Will be tough game. Great preparation for semi final v Mayo.

Blowitupref

Cork team named.

1. Micheal Martin (Nemo Rangers)

2. Sean Powter (Douglas)
3. Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty)
4. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)

5. Kevin O’Donovan (Nemo Rangers)
6. Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
7. Mattie Taylor (Mallow)

8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr’s)
9. Killian O’Hanlon (Kilshannig)

10. John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
11. Colm O’Callaghan (Éire Óg)
12. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)

13. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
14. Brian Hurley (Castlehaven)
15. Luke Connolly (Nemo Rangers)

Subs

16. Anthony Casey (Kiskeam)
17. Sam Ryan (St Finbarr’s)
18. Paul Ring (Aghabullogue)
19. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
20. Tadhg Corkery (Cill Na Martra)
21. Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
22. Kevin O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
23. Sean White (Clonakilty)
24. Paul Kerrigan (Nemo Rangers)
25. Mark Keane (Mitchelstown)
26. Damien Gore (Kilmacabea)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Helix.

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 05, 2020, 09:50:26 PM
Cork team named.

2. Sean Powter (Douglas)

5. Kevin O'Donovan (Nemo Rangers)
6. Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)

8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr's)
9. Killian O'Hanlon (Kilshannig)

10. John O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
11. Colm O'Callaghan (Éire Óg)

Subs

17. Sam Ryan (St Finbarr's)
21. Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
22. Kevin O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
I figure that the goalie for Cork is the Taoiseach's son?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Helix. on November 05, 2020, 09:54:48 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 05, 2020, 09:50:26 PM
Cork team named.

2. Sean Powter (Douglas)

5. Kevin O'Donovan (Nemo Rangers)
6. Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)

8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarr's)
9. Killian O'Hanlon (Kilshannig)

10. John O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
11. Colm O'Callaghan (Éire Óg)

Subs

17. Sam Ryan (St Finbarr's)
21. Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
22. Kevin O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
I figure that the goalie for Cork is the Taoiseach's son?
He is indeed.

Rossfan

Rossfan