The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Havent been on in a while.Was over in Liverpool 2 weeks ago with the Bro, he is a Liverpool fan so we were over for the Chelsea match.We flew in to Manchester Friday morning(half tanked from being out all nite in Dublin)and had a bus bring us to Liverpool.Its only about 40 mins down the road so we enquired about getting tickets for the Everton match on Saturday.We rang Goodison 1st thing Saturday morning and they said they had 2 left so we snapped them up and headed for Lime Street to get the train.We were in with all the Evertonians so it was brilliant to hear all the chanting and the abuse.Pity about the result.A poxy penalty but I thought we did very well.Was delighted to get to see the Toffees again.we did the tour of Goodison the next morning and it was brilliant.So much history associated with Everton, it was great to get a look at some of it.A fantastic weekend in a great city and man the Women are Unreal.we dont know what we are missing over here.
I have a feeling we could be on to something tomorrow,Im going for the Toffees to get revenge for the last league match.

Mr. Nakata

Another 3 points for the blues. Lovely.... Though expected, we made very tough work out of this one. Arteta's loss cost us 2 points at Newcastle last weekend and his absence from midfield today does not bode well for the rest of the season. Big Fellaini is starting to look like a tube again and Jo was woeful for the 2nd game running. Defense is watertight which gives me room for optimism though and Saha scored an absolute peach. This player is undoubtedly a class act and if we can keep him fit until the end of the season, who knows where we'll finish. The gooners are starting to crumble. Liverpool look ripe for a freefall unless they get Torres and Gerrard fit. If United win the micky mouse tomorrow, that uefa spot goes to 6th in the league. Come on United....

Farrandeelin

As a Utd fan, I'm beginning to think that ye'll finish 5th, as I just posted on the Liverpool thread.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on February 28, 2009, 08:46:41 PM
Another 3 points for the blues. Lovely.... Though expected, we made very tough work out of this one. Arteta's loss cost us 2 points at Newcastle last weekend and his absence from midfield today does not bode well for the rest of the season. Big Fellaini is starting to look like a tube again and Jo was woeful for the 2nd game running. Defense is watertight which gives me room for optimism though and Saha scored an absolute peach. This player is undoubtedly a class act and if we can keep him fit until the end of the season, who knows where we'll finish. The gooners are starting to crumble. Liverpool look ripe for a freefall unless they get Torres and Gerrard fit. If United win the micky mouse tomorrow, that uefa spot goes to 6th in the league. Come on United....

What you're saying about Saha is the same thing United fans said for 4 years. Undoubtedly a good player and he'll score goals whenever he's in the team. He just won't stay fit though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

boojangles

We made hard work of that today but I never doubted them.I knew a semi final spot was on the cards.I also think we are better off getting United in the Semi than in the final.They should still have more present priorities in hand in April.It is gonna be unbelievably tough the way United are playing but who knows.We mite have one or 2 lads back by then hopefully.
I see Moyes and Jagielka got Manager and Player of the month for February.Thoroughly deserved.

Mr. Nakata

Yeah, that first half was as bad as we've played since the start of the season. Hoofing the ball up to Cahill and big Screech, it was far too easy for the boro. Much better thankfully in the second half. Saha again doing well for us. United was the one team I wanted to avoid as Fulham took one hell of a beating yesterday, but I suppose we've done ok against them this season. Hopefully the cup run will keep us hungary in the league as well as there's some very winnable games coming up.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on March 08, 2009, 09:41:26 PM
Yeah, that first half was as bad as we've played since the start of the season. Hoofing the ball up to Cahill and big Screech, it was far too easy for the boro. Much better thankfully in the second half. Saha again doing well for us. United was the one team I wanted to avoid as Fulham took one hell of a beating yesterday, but I suppose we've done ok against them this season. Hopefully the cup run will keep us hungary in the league as well as there's some very winnable games coming up.

I think Everton can take Utd but would rather a tighter field like Pomeroy. Is mad taking two northern teams away down to Wembley... Villa Park would have made more sense. Must be money reasons. Wouldn't get GAA doing that .. then again!

Mr. Nakata

Big win for the toffees which made up for the abysmal display at the JJB back in November and last week's disgrace at Pompey. Man City must be thinking what the hell's going on with their Brazilian striker Jo as he's banging them in for the blues. In saying that though, the jury's still out. He needs to perform away from Goodison as well. Hopefully, that result'll give us confidence going into next week's big game against Villa. Arsenal look to have 4th sewn up already. What a great weekend's football in general though. As a neutral, I really enjoyed both the Liverpool and United games. Such drama, loved it. 

boojangles

The jury is still out on Jo and Fellaini. Jo is growing in confidence and should improve.The papers today said Fellaini was outstanding but I still think his touch is atrocious.Obvioulsy Moyes is working alot on him though. Revenge on Villa next week and a repeat of the 95 final the week after would do nicely.

Mr. Nakata

Old mother Riley gets the refereeing gig, Jesus wept. As if we're not big enough underdogs. Moysey trying his hand at some mind games bringing up this whole United fan issue, good effort. Looking forward to this one. United look to have steadied the ship with Ferdinand coming back in, but I still thik we've a fighting chance if it's a tight game.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 17, 2009, 01:31:03 PM
Old mother Riley gets the refereeing gig, Jesus wept. As if we're not big enough underdogs. Moysey trying his hand at some mind games bringing up this whole United fan issue, good effort. Looking forward to this one. United look to have steadied the ship with Ferdinand coming back in, but I still thik we've a fighting chance if it's a tight game.

I should probably put some money on United getting a last minute penalty so or else if their losing about 6 mins injury time
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fuzzman

Can't believe this thread has existed since January as I think I started a thread last year asking was there any other Toffees on the site and got the usual smart ar*sed replies.

I too am a big Everton fan & have two brothers that support the red sh*te. I know about ten other Everton fans including the Chef in our work who is from Liverpool.
Moyes has works marvels again this season with virtually no strikers for most of the season.

As Timmy says on Toffeeweb.com the success is all based on team spirit & hard work.
I don't rate Jo at all even though he has slotted in quite a few goals in not many games.
Fellaini has got a lot better and composed as the season has went on but he needs to keep his arms down a bit when jumping for headers.

Its hard to say how the big game will go this Sunday but I'm a lot more positive after our performance away to Villa.

I predict Rooney to get sent off after 10 mins and Everton to win 4-0.

;D ;D ;D

boojangles

Welcome Fuzzman! More and more are coming out from the Woodwork. Really looking forward to todays game.We all know we wont be lacking for effort and hopefully Cahill can pop up with another big goal and send the Reds home crying.
Everton 1-0 and Rooney to get sent off or to be carried off on a stretcher.Either would do lovely!
Did any of yas read in the papers during the week-Supposedly Our Wayne wants to call a truce with Everton supporters. The stupid little f**k should have thought of that before he started sliding into the goal mouth in Goodison after scoring or after kissing the Devils badge.

longrunsthefox

Yo Mr Boojangles- it wa syou enticed me onto this site and have spent my time since arguing with a gobshite from Kerry! I don't know about toady. It would be brilliant to get to the final. A few pundits are tipping the Toffemen alright so I best be optimistic. Repeat of 1995 1-0 ? 

longrunsthefox

half time-diabolical against United's reserves. Like they have no self belief at all. Hopefully Moyes can give them a kick up the ass during the barek.