Michael Lyster's imminent retirement

Started by T Fearon, January 28, 2018, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Apparently Michael will step down from presenting the Sunday Game at the end of the current season as he is required to retire at 65 by RTÉ.

He will be a hard act to follow after 34 years of excellent presentation.

seafoid

Béarna Dearg's finesht. He was beaming after the hurlers won their latest. 3 hurling and 2 football in his 34 years. 
A real pro.He will be missed.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hardy

He had the cutting edge of the bouffant hairdo that is all that will be remembered of him.

Jinxy

After his health scare I hope he enjoys a long and happy retirement.
Will feel strange watching it without him.
I'd like to see Joanne Cantwell get the gig.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on January 28, 2018, 07:31:00 PM
Apparently Michael will step down from presenting the Sunday Game at the end of the current season as he is required to retire at 65 by RTÉ.

He will be a hard act to follow after 34 years of excellent presentation.

Following that praise, he's obviously well up the pecking order, along with Brady & the self appointed gangs of vigilantes.

Cunny Funt

Best of luck to him came across as a decent chap. Hopefully we don't have to wait for Joe Brolly to reach 65 before he retires.

GalwayBayBoy

I think he's received fair criticism in recent years for always attempting to put a lid on any conversation or analysis from the pundits that threatened to veer anywhere near the controversial.

That said it is some going to be on television for as long as he has and still remain (almost) universally popular. A rarity inside RTE anyway I'd say. A sound man too by all accounts.

Syferus

Jinxy

Jesus lads, they wouldn't give it to Des Cahill, would they?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Jinxy on January 28, 2018, 07:50:34 PM
Jesus lads, they wouldn't give it to Des Cahill, would they?

Joanne Cantwell?

Zulu

Farrandeelin

Darragh Moloney's name was mentioned on hoganstand. I hope Michael enjoys his retirement anyway. Seems a nice enough fella.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

MK