The John Morrison Coaching Manual

Started by JMohan, August 26, 2008, 09:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

He thaught McGrane how to catch a ball using balloons

Aghdavoyle

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 27, 2008, 10:24:12 AM
When he was training Armagh with McCorry he apparently washed all the players feet with holy water before their game against Down in the Athletics Grounds in I think 1993, a la Jesus.  Did them feck all square!  That was the day McCartan "welcomed" MCGeeney to county football!

Paddy O'Rourke

ONeill

Apparently he once made the Antrim team wear full facial make-up (lipstick, blusher, eyeliner, curls) against Meath because if they looked good, they played good. Meath won 4-19 to 0-2. Three members of the Antrim team are now ladyboys in Thailand.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

I heard he made a speech in the Antrim dressingroom after that Meath  match: Youse played Mastermind football out there. Two points and no passes.

stibhan

Taught Paul McGrane how to catch by throwing baloons in the air, if I recall correctly...

ONeill

I remember being told by a man that he once took the Swatragh Minors. He asked each and every member of the squad to bring their birth certificates in to the next training session. When they did so he tore them all up and told them they've yet to be born and will only be accepted as a son of his if they perform well against Ballinascreen that weekend. Swatragh duly oblidged, drawing 0-8 apiece. He now lives with 22 Derry lads and the wife is scundered making tea. Tohill is bringing home a good wage to the house though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

feetofflames

He had some great ideas too that just didnt work out.   Theres the classic tale of the month long sex ban for the Clonoe team before their first league game in order to leave his team like hormonal raging savages.  When the referee threw in the ball there wasnt a Clonoe man within the 4 lines of the pitch - they were all trying to climb over the wire to get at a group of Moortown women who were all dolled up for the big game eating chips on the bank. 
Chief Wiggum

corn02

Quote from: thebandit on August 27, 2008, 10:26:27 AM
He thaught McGrane how to catch a ball using balloons

Not a bad method. Keevin Keegan learned hwow to head a ball at Liverpool using the same method.

Pleas explain the Paddy O'Rourke welcome?

JMohan

Does McGrane credit Morrison (...........or does Morrison credit Morrison)??

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2008, 10:51:43 AM
Apparently he once made the Antrim team wear full facial make-up (lipstick, blusher, eyeliner, curls) against Meath because if they looked good, they played good. Meath won 4-19 to 0-2. Three members of the Antrim team are now ladyboys in Thailand.

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2008, 12:22:11 PM
I remember being told by a man that he once took the Swatragh Minors. He asked each and every member of the squad to bring their birth certificates in to the next training session. When they did so he tore them all up and told them they've yet to be born and will only be accepted as a son of his if they perform well against Ballinascreen that weekend. Swatragh duly oblidged, drawing 0-8 apiece. He now lives with 22 Derry lads and the wife is scundered making tea. Tohill is bringing home a good wage to the house though.

Stop it FFS! A man has to go to work the next day!  :D :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Four Masters have, in yore, recorded that the great Gaels of Ulster (long before inhabitants of the 'Kingdom' had set eyes upon this thing now recorded as a... 'ball'!), being faced with certain vanquishment from the greater massed ranks of the unwashed from across the Irish Sea (too), ushered to their bosom one 'John Morrison'. And he, being the mighty meatball of the neighbouring sept of Oriel, uttered forth such cries as "upon this fjord and stream shall ye build your impossible dream", and duly, and duly did they eat the frogs that hopped in joy, and they did eat the birds that flew in glee, and did the warriors rise and face their foes so fierce, and such power and craft did they so exhibit and exercise, that rendered such formidables so feckless, that now, now are the times of such wondrous civility and beauty in the valleys, and hills too. What a man.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

No1

:D

Best thread in months, keep her lit lads!

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on August 27, 2008, 12:38:04 PM
He had some great ideas too that just didnt work out.   Theres the classic tale of the month long sex ban for the Clonoe team before their first league game in order to leave his team like hormonal raging savages.  When the referee threw in the ball there wasnt a Clonoe man within the 4 lines of the pitch - they were all trying to climb over the wire to get at a group of Moortown women who were all dolled up for the big game eating chips on the bank. 

Brilliant FOF !  ;D ;D ;D

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on August 27, 2008, 10:33:32 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 27, 2008, 10:24:12 AM
When he was training Armagh with McCorry he apparently washed all the players feet with holy water before their game against Down in the Athletics Grounds in I think 1993, a la Jesus.  Did them feck all square!  That was the day McCartan "welcomed" MCGeeney to county football!

Paddy O'Rourke

Conor Deegan.

London 2012

Trained under John a few years back and didn't get on with him at all. He tended to take 90% of the training which was shit. Players had a meeting when things got so bad and decided they wanted mickey to take the training as it was far more enjoyable and results improved thereafter. Mickey will never 'split up' with John but he should if he wants to achieve anymore in the game. He could 'COACH' an All Ireland team no problem. He's not a No1 and never will be. WOuld love to see Mickey join up with a top manager and achieve what he has the ability to achieve.