The John Morrison Coaching Manual

Started by JMohan, August 26, 2008, 09:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

I was hoping we could compile a list of the weird and wonderful coaching strategies employed by John and in fact other coaches throughout the country ... some of them are classics.

There was the skips story about Derry - but I'm not sure if that was true or if it was blown out of proportion ... was it?

Then there was the Donegal Brazil nuts idea back in 2002 was it?

What are the other ones?

The Voice Of Reason

Just heard David Brady on Newstalk 106 there, and he said that Morrison sent Valentine's cards to around 10 of the Mayo panel in 2006!!

RMDrive

Just caught the tail end of On the Ball and they were talking about filling skips full of negative thoughts!! What was the Brazil nuts one? Don't remember that.

Puckoon

Sweet jesus - what did they do with the nuts? Thats mad ted.

RMDrive

Quote from: JMohan on August 26, 2008, 09:06:41 PM
Then there was the Donegal Brazil nuts idea back in 2002 was it?

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 26, 2008, 09:51:03 PM
He presented each of the Mayo players with a Brazil nut in the changing rooms and told them to go out and play like Brazil.

Are you sure he didn't tell them to go out and play like Donegal?  ;)

JMohan

Question is  ... did any of them work!

5 Sams

Wasnt there something about him stopping the Mayo team bus outside a McDonald's restaurant as well and coming with some mad shite............ or maybe I'm imagining it?
The Aristocrat Years

On_the_Couch

Next thing will be voodoo dolls.  Christ but I hate the sort of pseudo-psychology bs that he seems to employ.

ONeill

Apparently whilst at Clonoe he hypnotised Kevin McCabe's moustache, making it believe it was a nippy corner forward. The moustache lined out against Kildress and scored 1-2. After a celebratory night of high jinks and beer, the 'tache was fatally shaved by drunken teammates. Things never end happily for big John.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

feetofflames

If Truth be told hes only practising what the rest of us are thinking, whats in all our heads because lets face, it we are all mad as f**king hatters in our own wee ways. 
I know a fellow who trained under him for a few sessions and he claimns he actually sat a pint of water on their heads and in order to promote core stability and balance and what was termed radar vision (eye to air lateral vision- beacuse thats wher the balls come from)  they had to keep the pint of water balancing on their head for 5 minutes at a time.  Kinda makes sense to me.   
Chief Wiggum

Travis T O Justice

This crap kills me. Did the great teams down through the decades employe these voodoo hoodoo preparations? I doubt it. In those days men were men, fags were smoked at half time more often than not with a half 'un of Powers!

John Morrison is a donkeys arse - not a personal attack on a fellow Armagh man just an observation. I don't condem him for being a donkeys arse er go it isn't an attack (moderator!) and I doubt if he'll read this so no harm done. Donkeys arse none the less.
"If it was easy any monkey could do it....go get me a monkey Barry".

Hardy

Quote from: Travis T O Justice on August 27, 2008, 09:27:10 AM
John Morrison is a donkeys arse

Because he follows a donkey around? Is this a thinly-veiled attack on Mickey Moran?

orangeman

What about the now famous urine testing in Cookstown ???

Now he really was taking the piss there !  ;) ;D

brokencrossbar1

When he was training Armagh with McCorry he apparently washed all the players feet with holy water before their game against Down in the Athletics Grounds in I think 1993, a la Jesus.  Did them feck all square!  That was the day McCartan "welcomed" MCGeeney to county football!