Started by Gaffer, August 26, 2008, 12:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 13, 2009, 04:43:29 PM
Quote from: Tankie on January 13, 2009, 04:41:01 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 13, 2009, 04:37:41 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 13, 2009, 04:34:45 PM
Only cos its true. Where you do work again? ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm self employed you fool..I work all over Ireland  :)
Actually I stay out of Dublin for work as much as I can,it's much easier deal with people who aren't from Dublin in my experience

another classic from the man living in Lucan. From what posters on this board say there is nothing but English soccer lovers in Dublin so I would have thought you would love to be working in Dublin being the English sports lover that you are..  ;)

As i said I try and keep all my work out of Dublin...Very hard to trust ye  so it is :)

So that must be why you where looking into taking out Ads in the local papers on the north side then ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Gaffer on August 26, 2008, 12:52:48 AM

> > What do you say to a dub on All Ireland Final Day?
      Two hotdogs please

What's the difference between a Dublin GAA jersey and a school uniform??
You can see school uniforms in September.

What's Navy & Blue and goes beep beep beep?
The Dublin open top bus  reversing back into the garage.

How do you get rich in Dublin ??
Save to see Dublin in the All-Ireland Final

What Dublin 's national anthem?
What's another year!

What do you call a Dublin man with an all Ireland medal?
An antique dealer

Osama Bin Laden released a video statement on August 25th, and to prove he
was alive said that ' Dublin football were crap last Saturday week'.
The Irish government dismissed it, stating it could have been recorded anytime
in the last 10 years.

The Dublin goalie, Cluxton,  is under arrest and has been charged with theft. The
burglary took place between 4.00pm and 5.30pm last Saturday week, during which
the suspect cannot account for his whereabouts.

> Oxo are releasing a new type of cube in recognition ofthe Dublin footballers season.     
It call 'Laughing Stock'

Who's laughing now.

Jokes on you.

OgraAnDun

More or less shows that you are a second account of someone who was on the board in 2009, because there's no way you came across this thread randomly.

tippabu

Quote from: OgraAnDun on February 01, 2018, 10:08:22 AM
More or less shows that you are a second account of someone who was on the board in 2009, because there's no way you came across this thread randomly.

Nah that fella who runs the hill 16 fan page who puts up loads of shite put it up yesterday, it's either him or more than likely someone from his page

rosnarun

as ted might say ' but I eventually escaped from his headlock. And where are you now, Father Eamonn Hunter? Working with some pygmies in the South Seas. And where am I? Accepting a Golden Cleric Award for being a top priest'
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mup

I don't think I was too far out when I suggested he was aged 14.

And if he's involved with the Hill 16 FB page then his posts here can be explained.

macdanger2

Quote from: rosnarun on February 01, 2018, 10:15:07 AM
as ted might say ' but I eventually escaped from his headlock. And where are you now, Father Eamonn Hunter? Working with some pygmies in the South Seas. And where am I? Accepting a Golden Cleric Award for being a top priest'

;D

TheGreatest

That's were I seen it alright, thought it would be nice to rekindle it.

tippabu

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 01, 2018, 11:03:04 AM

Have at it, these places would be shite if you didn't have a bit of piss taking, difference of opinions and proper rivalries.

You prob think having croke park for all "home games" and 2 of the super 8s isn't a big deal, id say it's a massive help towards yer success and a big advantage.

johnneycool

Quote from: tippabu on February 01, 2018, 11:10:45 AM

Have at it, these places would be shite if you didn't have a bit of piss taking, difference of opinions and proper rivalries.

You prob think having croke park for all "home games" and 2 of the super 8s isn't a big deal, id say it's a massive help towards yer success and a big advantage.

Just as well Tipp never avail of such advantages in the U21 hurling championship, eh?

TheGreatest

Quote from: tippabu on February 01, 2018, 11:10:45 AM

Ah absolutely agree, just how times have changed.

Possibly an advantage to Dublin, or disadvantage as other teams who up their game a few % when playing Dublin in Croke park.

Wasn't an issue until recently that people keep bringing this up. i.e the last few years. I wonder why.

Dinny Breen

QuotePossibly an advantage to Dublin, or disadvantage as other teams who up their game a few % when playing Dublin in Croke park.

Playing at home is an advantage in every sport, just broaden your mind and read something like Soccernomics and see the co-relation between spend, home advantage and success.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-s-league-dominance-partly-built-on-move-to-croke-park-1.3369544

Nobody knew it then but the switch to playing Dublin's home league matches to Croke Park was to become a key driver of the era of plenty they would go on to enjoy. Since that night in 2011, Dublin have played 35 league games at Croke Park, with a record of Won 28, Lost 5, Drew 2. Confine it to group games only, stripping out league finals and semi-finals, and the record reads Played 25 Won 20 Lost 3 Drew 2. No one else's home record across that span of time comes remotely close.

Nor, for that matter, does their own home record in the seasons pre-2011 compare overly well. In the five league campaigns from 2006 to 2010, their home record was Played 17, Won 10, Lost 5, Drew 2.

#newbridgeornowhere

mup

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2018, 11:38:11 AM
QuotePossibly an advantage to Dublin, or disadvantage as other teams who up their game a few % when playing Dublin in Croke park.

Playing at home is an advantage in every sport, just broaden your mind and read something like Soccernomics and see the co-relation between spend, home advantage and success.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-s-league-dominance-partly-built-on-move-to-croke-park-1.3369544

Nobody knew it then but the switch to playing Dublin's home league matches to Croke Park was to become a key driver of the era of plenty they would go on to enjoy. Since that night in 2011, Dublin have played 35 league games at Croke Park, with a record of Won 28, Lost 5, Drew 2. Confine it to group games only, stripping out league finals and semi-finals, and the record reads Played 25 Won 20 Lost 3 Drew 2. No one else's home record across that span of time comes remotely close.

Nor, for that matter, does their own home record in the seasons pre-2011 compare overly well. In the five league campaigns from 2006 to 2010, their home record was Played 17, Won 10, Lost 5, Drew 2.

Stop with the facts Dinny.

Repeating what Anto says down in the boozer are facts in Jackeen land.

TheGreatest

Simple, better team post 2010 = equals more wins.

Noughties team not great = More losses.

Smoke and daggers.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on February 01, 2018, 12:08:36 PM

Simple, better team post 2010 = equals more wins.

Noughties team not great = More losses.

Smoke and daggers.

But but was it not a possible disadvantage because teams up their game by a few %, it just points out how ridiculous such assertions are.

Of course we are just lucky to have witnessed not one but three great Dublin teams in our time, all natural footballers remarkably with not a single advantage over every county in the country. The Dublin GAA fundamentalist is alive and well.
#newbridgeornowhere